Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070212 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.4.3)
« Reply #840 on: August 22, 2020, 12:07:53 PM »

Sometimes I am a little perfectionist; all my Colonies are Terran/ Arcology with a 50% Hazard Rating except Stations/ Astropoli.

Suggestion: Add a Station-only expensive Structure to reduce Hazard Rating by 20%, upgradeable for a 40% reduction + another 10% with an Alpha Core

750.000 Initial Cost, 2.000.000 Upgrade Cost, 40.000 monthly (which effectively will be less because of less Hazard)

Enabling construction of arcology buildings on non-arcology worlds and then building the Smart Grid on your stations will reduce their hazard rating to 50%. Alternatively, you could set the station hazard offset to -50%, although this will apply to all stations sector-wide, not just your own.

Having a dedicated station structure to reduce hazard seems redundant since it would basically just be a clone of the Smart Grid.

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.4.4)
« Reply #841 on: August 23, 2020, 12:27:53 AM »

An idea: Some kind of industry that would spawn a orbital structure that would warm the planet and provide light. An artificial sun.
Why: So colonozing black hole systems or maybe neutron stars are viable.
However: The same functionality is coming in the next update. The artificial sun thing from this mod will become redundant.

Demiurge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 23, 2020, 05:41:46 AM »

I'm getting the following null error crash when I try to open the build screen for a new colony. This has worked fine with this mod set I have in previous saves and the only difference I can think of here is that there's a domain cryo ship in the system. I assume its to do with the astropolis bit but I'm not sure what's going wrong there exactly.

Code
492337 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.campaign.econ.industries.Astropolis_Station.numAstroInOrbit(Astropolis_Station.java:343)
at data.campaign.econ.industries.Astropolis_Station.isAvailableToBuild(Astropolis_Station.java:373)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.updateTable(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.createUI(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryListPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Koruthaiolos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 23, 2020, 06:23:06 AM »

I'm getting the following null error crash when I try to open the build screen for a new colony. This has worked fine with this mod set I have in previous saves and the only difference I can think of here is that there's a domain cryo ship in the system. I assume its to do with the astropolis bit but I'm not sure what's going wrong there exactly.

Code
492337 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.campaign.econ.industries.Astropolis_Station.numAstroInOrbit(Astropolis_Station.java:343)
at data.campaign.econ.industries.Astropolis_Station.isAvailableToBuild(Astropolis_Station.java:373)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.updateTable(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.createUI(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryListPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

I'm getting exactly the same error with the latest version.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 23, 2020, 07:36:41 AM »

Code

I just did a test in a system with a cryosleeper and I'm unable to replicate this crash. I have a couple ideas about what might be causing the problem though. Can you download the dev build I linked below and let me know if it fixes the crash? Also, does the crash occur in all systems all the time, or only certain systems? Sorry about this problem and thanks for helping me troubleshoot it!

https://github.com/boggled-starsector/boggled_modpack/blob/master/Dev/Terraforming%20and%20Station%20Construction%20dev.zip?raw=true

Koruthaiolos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 23, 2020, 07:52:13 AM »

Code

I just did a test in a system with a cryosleeper and I'm unable to replicate this crash. I have a couple ideas about what might be causing the problem though. Can you download the dev build I linked below and let me know if it fixes the crash? Also, does the crash occur in all systems all the time, or only certain systems? Sorry about this problem and thanks for helping me troubleshoot it!

https://github.com/boggled-starsector/boggled_modpack/blob/master/Dev/Terraforming%20and%20Station%20Construction%20dev.zip?raw=true

Dev build fixed it. Thanks!

Xobra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.4.5)
« Reply #846 on: August 23, 2020, 09:12:10 AM »

Crash that happens when I try to open the Add Industry Screen on Acrology worlds. Running on v5.4.5

Spoiler
1895453 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Spec of class [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.procgen.PlanetGenDataSpec] with id [boggled_arcology] not found
java.lang.RuntimeException: Spec of class [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.procgen.PlanetGenDataSpec] with id [boggled_arcology] not found
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getSpec(Unknown Source)
   at kentington.diyplanets.WaterReceiver.isAvailableToBuild(WaterReceiver.java:46)
0    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Starting Starsector 0.9.1a-RC8 launcher
2    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Running in D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core
2    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - OS: Windows 8.1 6.3
2    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Java version: 1.7.0_79 (64-bit)
23   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Error loading mod from [..\mods\00test]
24   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - JSONObject["description"] not found.
org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["description"] not found.
   at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
   at org.json.JSONObject.getString(JSONObject.java:577)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.access$1(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager$1.accept(Unknown Source)
   at java.io.File.listFiles(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.updateList(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.getInstance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
[close]

Xobra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 23, 2020, 09:22:07 AM »

Also, I noticed that Acrology worlds lost the Habitable and Mild Conditions after Terraforming finished, if they were present previously. Intended? I can't start a Project to add Mild Conditions again either.

I'm just to lazy to read all conditions. Smart Grid it is then
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 09:28:30 AM by Xobra »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 23, 2020, 10:12:42 AM »

Crash that happens when I try to open the Add Industry Screen on Acrology worlds. Running on v5.4.5

Spoiler
1895453 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Spec of class [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.procgen.PlanetGenDataSpec] with id [boggled_arcology] not found
java.lang.RuntimeException: Spec of class [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.procgen.PlanetGenDataSpec] with id [boggled_arcology] not found
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getSpec(Unknown Source)
   at kentington.diyplanets.WaterReceiver.isAvailableToBuild(WaterReceiver.java:46)
0    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Starting Starsector 0.9.1a-RC8 launcher
2    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Running in D:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core
2    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - OS: Windows 8.1 6.3
2    [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher  - Java version: 1.7.0_79 (64-bit)
23   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - Error loading mod from [..\mods\00test]
24   [main] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager  - JSONObject["description"] not found.
org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["description"] not found.
   at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
   at org.json.JSONObject.getString(JSONObject.java:577)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.access$1(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager$1.accept(Unknown Source)
   at java.io.File.listFiles(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.updateList(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.ModManager.getInstance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
[close]

This crash appears to be caused by the DIY Planets mod (I bolded the line in the stacktrace above). Do you have that enabled?

My understanding is that his Water Receiver structure is getting the planet type and checking procedural generation information. Since my arcology worlds are not programmed to be procedurally generated, the data he's looking for doesn't exist and that causes the crash. This should cause a crash with any mod (mine or otherwise) that puts in custom planet types without adding the procedural generation information. It seems he's a much better programmer than me, so maybe I'm wrong. If he needs me to change something on my end to fix this I would be happy to.

Either way, thanks for reporting this!

Xobra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 23, 2020, 10:44:50 AM »

This crash appears to be caused by the DIY Planets mod (I bolded the line in the stacktrace above). Do you have that enabled?

My understanding is that his Water Receiver structure is getting the planet type and checking procedural generation information. Since my arcology worlds are not programmed to be procedurally generated, the data he's looking for doesn't exist and that causes the crash. This should cause a crash with any mod (mine or otherwise) that puts in custom planet types without adding the procedural generation information. It seems he's a much better programmer than me, so maybe I'm wrong. If he needs me to change something on my end to fix this I would be happy to.

Should I cross-post?

Guess I'll "build" these structures per commands for now

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 23, 2020, 10:51:39 AM »

Should I cross-post?

Guess I'll "build" these structures per commands for now

Yeah, you could cross-post if you want. Thanks!

Xobra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 23, 2020, 11:35:56 AM »

The latest "bug" got me thinking:
  • An Option to turn off Arcology Worlds off for compatibility reasons
  • A Config to add other planet classes for Acrology Structures to be build on (Different from the one where it can be build anywhere)
    • For example only Terran and Jungle Worlds can have Arcology Structures, the rest need to be terraformed first

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 23, 2020, 11:45:08 AM »

The latest "bug" got me thinking:
  • An Option to turn off Arcology Worlds off for compatibility reasons
  • A Config to add other planet classes for Acrology Structures to be build on (Different from the one where it can be build anywhere)
    • For example only Terran and Jungle Worlds can have Arcology Structures, the rest need to be terraformed first

You can already disable arcology worlds as a terraforming project using the settings file.

Creating settings to allow arcology-specific buildings to be built on only a small subset of other planet types wouldn't be feasible. Each player will want their own unique setting, but I can't create ~20 different configurations to account for each person. You'll just have to enable building arcology-specific structures everywhere and use the honor system!

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 23, 2020, 12:13:31 PM »

Drunken suggestion:

Reverse-terraforming project. Can be used only on specific habitable planet types to quickly remove the maximum amount of resources from the planet. During a short period of time planet generate huge amount of production of food/organics/metal ore/rare metal ore/DEA depending on what resources planet has and regardless if mining and farming industries are present. Also generate huge money income from selling it's natural wealth based on planet type. Process can not be stopped. At the end planet change type to barren, loose all natural resources, including ore, rare ore, ruins, all of the atmosphere etc. Additionally planet get "pollution" and "wasteland" conditions. "Wasteland" conditions increase hazard and make significantly harder terraforming this planet into any other type. Optional, auto-abandon planet after that. Some factions can decrease rep with player after that (those, who cares of atrocity) but will not cause imminent hostility.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 23, 2020, 03:45:05 PM »

Drunken suggestion:

Reverse-terraforming project. Can be used only on specific habitable planet types to quickly remove the maximum amount of resources from the planet. During a short period of time planet generate huge amount of production of food/organics/metal ore/rare metal ore/DEA depending on what resources planet has and regardless if mining and farming industries are present. Also generate huge money income from selling it's natural wealth based on planet type. Process can not be stopped. At the end planet change type to barren, loose all natural resources, including ore, rare ore, ruins, all of the atmosphere etc. Additionally planet get "pollution" and "wasteland" conditions. "Wasteland" conditions increase hazard and make significantly harder terraforming this planet into any other type. Optional, auto-abandon planet after that. Some factions can decrease rep with player after that (those, who cares of atrocity) but will not cause imminent hostility.

I don't think this would be a good feature. There's no basis in the lore for factions stripping planets bare, and I'm not sure the technology level present in starsector would even make this possible.

The closest thing I can see to this would be allowing the player to use planet-killer devices. Come to think of it, there's already an art asset for the planet-killer device that's currently unused...
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 219