Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 222

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1094886 times)

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.2.1)
« Reply #585 on: June 12, 2020, 11:14:27 AM »

The only thing, stopping me to do it - is 12 building slots cap. I believe, I am not alone. But it is not the problem you are able to solve. Just waiting for next SS update and constantly praying.
I'm fairly sure reflectors stay in orbit even after they're removed as a structure. It might be weird that you don't have to pay upkeep for them even though they're still there, but then you can just roleplay some more and assume that their maintenance has been passed on to the private sector or something.
And Alex once said that he has no intention to increase the building cap because it would serve no purpose in vanilla. Maybe he had a change of heart since then, but honestly, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 12, 2020, 11:19:39 AM »

One more question:

Code
#Note that these costs only apply if gatekeeper stations are disabled or the gatekeeper station is abandoned
#Jumping from your gates or allied-faction controlled gates is always free
"boggledGateJumpCreditCost":20000,
"boggledGateJumpFuelCost":1000,

Is that mean, I can just build a gate, abandon it and travel there for free from my home-gate and back for symbolical 20K credits and 1k fuel regardless of fleet size??? Dude, it's almost for free for a large fleet.

Yes, I know, I can adjust this whatever I think is adequate price, values are not the question point. Question point is: why it is a constant value? I mean, bigger fleet means longer activations of the gate, and probably bigger cost, just as bigger ships requires more energy to teleport, and more power consumption means more resources spent. In other words, shouldn't jump price be relevant to number of ships in your fleet and their class?

On the other hand, I really do not care of it. I would never build-abandon a gate for abusing. It is against my religion. Just like Shai-Huluds on an arid planets.

And Alex once said that he has no intention to increase the building cap because it would serve no purpose in vanilla.

Shall we all make a petition?
Spoiler
Joke
[close]
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 12, 2020, 12:50:11 PM »

One more question:

Code
#Note that these costs only apply if gatekeeper stations are disabled or the gatekeeper station is abandoned
#Jumping from your gates or allied-faction controlled gates is always free
"boggledGateJumpCreditCost":20000,
"boggledGateJumpFuelCost":1000,

Is that mean, I can just build a gate, abandon it and travel there for free from my home-gate and back for symbolical 20K credits and 1k fuel regardless of fleet size??? Dude, it's almost for free for a large fleet.

Yes, I know, I can adjust this whatever I think is adequate price, values are not the question point. Question point is: why it is a constant value? I mean, bigger fleet means longer activations of the gate, and probably bigger cost, just as bigger ships requires more energy to teleport, and more power consumption means more resources spent. In other words, shouldn't jump price be relevant to number of ships in your fleet and their class?

On the other hand, I really do not care of it. I would never build-abandon a gate for abusing. It is against my religion. Just like Shai-Huluds on an arid planets.

And Alex once said that he has no intention to increase the building cap because it would serve no purpose in vanilla.

Shall we all make a petition?
Spoiler
Joke
[close]

The lore of my gates is that they use a giant version of the Astral carrier recall device to warp fleets around. The Astral recall device costs a constant amount of flux regardless of how many fighters are recalled, right?

thebrownlord

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 16, 2020, 11:16:16 AM »

The only thing, stopping me to do it - is 12 building slots cap. I believe, I am not alone. But it is not the problem you are able to solve. Just waiting for next SS update and constantly praying.
Pretty sure it's a bug or something, but you can very easily bump up the cap if you have enough money by buying and queuing stuff before you hit the maximum amount. You will not see the effects it has in the colony info or be able to add AI cores (unless it's moved to be in the first 12 structures/industries), but if you go into the colony menu and hover over it, you'll see all the extra structures you've added. Funnily enough, stellar reflectors are the exact thing I did this with for the first time, didn't even realize there was a structure cap since I had just added the mod midway into my first playthrough.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 16, 2020, 04:30:00 PM »

It's great to see this come so far!
One thing that's bothering me though: A created station is about half the diameter it should be compared to other stations on the map.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 17, 2020, 04:15:11 AM »

It's great to see this come so far!
One thing that's bothering me though: A created station is about half the diameter it should be compared to other stations on the map.

Which type of station in particular are you referring to? Can you post a screenshot?

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 17, 2020, 05:09:30 AM »

Here's a mining station I established next to my tiny fleet (A gemeni, mora, tsundere and phatone):

And here's Citadel Arcadia for comparison:

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 17, 2020, 06:28:02 AM »

Spoiler
Here's a mining station I established next to my tiny fleet (A gemeni, mora, tsundere and phatone):

And here's Citadel Arcadia for comparison:
[close]

That's intended. The size of the mining station will actually increase once it reaches a certain population level. The larger sized mining station is equivalent to Citadel Arcadia in size.

If you want to increase the size earlier, you can modify the values in custom_entities.json. Thanks.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 17, 2020, 08:22:35 AM »

So, if I have a "hot" terran-type planet, how do I get rid of the modifier? Stellar refletors can be built, but do not actually change the modifier.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 17, 2020, 09:51:15 AM »

So, if I have a "hot" terran-type planet, how do I get rid of the modifier? Stellar refletors can be built, but do not actually change the modifier.

Conditions are only changed when a terraforming project is completed. You'll have to select the terran transformation project (if you want to keep the planet a terran world) and once that completes it will remove the "hot" condition. Since it's already a terran-type planet, you'll get a big point requirement discount on the terran transformation project.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 17, 2020, 10:20:27 AM »

Conditions are only changed when a terraforming project is completed. You'll have to select the terran transformation project (if you want to keep the planet a terran world) and once that completes it will remove the "hot" condition.

Just curious: if initial terran planet naturally has trace volatiles, will it disappear after terraforming into same terran type?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 17, 2020, 11:20:09 AM »

Conditions are only changed when a terraforming project is completed. You'll have to select the terran transformation project (if you want to keep the planet a terran world) and once that completes it will remove the "hot" condition.

Just curious: if initial terran planet naturally has trace volatiles, will it disappear after terraforming into same terran type?

Terraformed terran-class planets have trace volatiles, so the trace volatiles will still be present after terraforming.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 17, 2020, 11:37:49 AM »

Really? Haven't terraform anything into terran since long time ago. Only water and ice.

Terran is boring. IMO.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 18, 2020, 11:17:39 AM »

I'll just leave it here.

Spoiler

[close]

P.S. Made not by me.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 18, 2020, 11:29:34 AM »

I'll just leave it here.

Spoiler

[close]

P.S. Made not by me.

Huh? Is the intention to make the gates change their appearance when a fleet flies through?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 222