Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1071562 times)

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.2.1)
« Reply #525 on: May 23, 2020, 12:53:17 PM »

Ohhh... Kids, if you listening me, do never lie to the strangers.

And I've probably should read the dialogues.

I suppose it might be too harsh to prevent the player from [censored] just for [censored] to [censored]

No, It's fine. I suppose, I wasn't expecting real questing in SS. ©
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 23, 2020, 01:43:51 PM »

I've just realize Ody's ride need 400 meatbags to operate.

How did he maintain it by centuries all alone? He don't even have hands, probably. Maybe it should be an "automated ship"?

That would be over a top, as it is a strong buff, tho'

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 23, 2020, 08:41:48 PM »

How did he maintain it by centuries all alone? He don't even have hands, probably. Maybe it should be an "automated ship"?

He probably just never used it.

Algester

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 23, 2020, 10:32:57 PM »

I can't seem to get the Volturnian lobster quest to activate...

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 24, 2020, 10:54:39 AM »

I thought about making the ship automated, but it wouldn't make sense because the player can swap which ship Odysseus captains. The way I would explain it away is that Odysseus can operate the ship by himself, but he "allows" meatbags to crew it so as to hide his existence from everyone except the player's bridge crew (because most people are hostile towards rogue AI cores).

The lobster quest relies on the vanilla Starsector bar quest population code, and sometimes it refuses to spawn the quest. Try clearing/doing all other quests in the bar on Umbra, and try leaving the system and doing other things in the sector for a while. If Umbra ever got decivilized/captured/etc during your run and the quest was in the bar, I think that will unfortunately preclude you from ever doing it.

Algester

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 24, 2020, 09:37:23 PM »

I thought about making the ship automated, but it wouldn't make sense because the player can swap which ship Odysseus captains. The way I would explain it away is that Odysseus can operate the ship by himself, but he "allows" meatbags to crew it so as to hide his existence from everyone except the player's bridge crew (because most people are hostile towards rogue AI cores).

The lobster quest relies on the vanilla Starsector bar quest population code, and sometimes it refuses to spawn the quest. Try clearing/doing all other quests in the bar on Umbra, and try leaving the system and doing other things in the sector for a while. If Umbra ever got decivilized/captured/etc during your run and the quest was in the bar, I think that will unfortunately preclude you from ever doing it.

will do Umbra is still looking safe

InsanityComplx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 25, 2020, 01:56:36 PM »

Would there be any possible way to translate the Volatile (mining) station into a regular mining station. Say like if there was a Moon or Volcano that had ultrarich on both rare and regular ore, we could build an orbital station?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 25, 2020, 03:50:53 PM »

Would there be any possible way to translate the Volatile (mining) station into a regular mining station. Say like if there was a Moon or Volcano that had ultrarich on both rare and regular ore, we could build an orbital station?

This has been discussed at length previously in this thread. I think it's not a good addition to the gameplay for a number of reasons, including that mining would require surface operations (unlike a gas giant siphon station) making the low station hazard unrealistic. That being said, it's something I'm keeping in mind for the future if there are changes to vanilla that would make mining stations a good feature.

InsanityComplx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 25, 2020, 04:43:45 PM »

This has been discussed at length previously in this thread. I think it's not a good addition to the gameplay for a number of reasons, including that mining would require surface operations (unlike a gas giant siphon station) making the low station hazard unrealistic. That being said, it's something I'm keeping in mind for the future if there are changes to vanilla that would make mining stations a good feature.

I appreciate the prompt response, I apologize if I didn't realize the topic had been discussed before. I usually just download updates as they come and don't really read up on stuff aside from the change log. Thanks though! I appreciate your work greatly, this is by far my favorite mod to run.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 04:45:56 PM by InsanityComplx »

DX2002

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 28, 2020, 09:15:30 AM »

I noticed a fact that the Olympian Conquest's hull name is still "Conquest",rather than sth like "Conquest (EUTCS)",is this by purpose?At least I found that almost every skin ship in my installed mods has a suffix.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 28, 2020, 09:31:36 AM »

"Conquest (EUTCS)"

It is an offtopic, but which word that "S" correspond to?  :o

For a general name problem, it is for "hullName":"Conquest", line in a conquest_olympians_boggled.skin. You can repair it by yourself, until Boggled makes a fix. I mean, no one will do an update, consisted only from one string change, and larger changes would probably takes some time.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 28, 2020, 10:00:58 AM »

"Conquest (EUTCS)"

It is an offtopic, but which word that "S" correspond to?  :o

For a general name problem, it is for "hullName":"Conquest", line in a conquest_olympians_boggled.skin. You can repair it by yourself, until Boggled makes a fix. I mean, no one will do an update, consisted only from one string change, and larger changes would probably takes some time.

EUTCS = Eridani-Utopia Terraforming Corporation Ship

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll include it in the next update. I don't plan on releasing any new updates until the next version of starsector comes out unless someone finds a bug or there's a good suggestion for new content.

Algester

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 28, 2020, 08:38:26 PM »

question are gifted astral gates supposed to have no generated admins or does the logic of first building them and then subsequently give them to factions be the better alternative

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 29, 2020, 05:18:39 AM »

question are gifted astral gates supposed to have no generated admins or does the logic of first building them and then subsequently give them to factions be the better alternative

I know the gifted stations have no admin when first created, but does an admin get assigned by the receiving faction automatically sometime later? If not, I will have to correct this.

I considered allowing the player to gift already-constructed gates to other factions, but the problem was that there's quite a few conditions that have to be met in order for the player to gift a gate, and I didn't want to have a situation where the player built a gate only to find that they're not able to gift it.

Ultrak2k

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 31, 2020, 05:52:56 PM »

Just tried this mod - and am currently loving it.
Question, though: is there plans to perhaps add novel and new terraforming options or station types? Currently stations and terraforming seem expensive in the beginning, then become trivial later on - so would there be more fancier types? Perhaps a city planet for extreme cost, or special super stations for very late game?
Sorry if asked previously.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 219