Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070468 times)

frozentoes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.2.0)
« Reply #480 on: May 18, 2020, 06:02:05 PM »

Hello Boggled! Fantastic mod, I'm a huge fan. I love slowly improving my colonies until they are absurdly profitable.

I think I found a bug, though:

I think your planet cracking is capable of an overflow. I had a planet with ultrarich rare ore but only rich ore. I did planet cracking, and now I have ultrarich ore, ultrarich rare ore, and a SECOND sparse rare ore deposit. Instead of staying at +3, I now have +3 and -1. Presumably if do it again I will get +3 and +0, and so on and so forth.

It seems like planet cracking needs to be checking if it's already at MAXVAL before altering the subject planet?

tldr:
Planet went from +3 rare ore, +2 common ore -> +3 rare ore, -1 rare ore, +3 common ore

Getting some errors posting images so I'm linking an imgur album with the planet specials icons, and the 'transplutonics' industry details showing that I'm getting both +3 and -1: https://imgur.com/a/blKSAik
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 06:04:02 PM by frozentoes »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 18, 2020, 06:21:12 PM »

Hello Boggled! Fantastic mod, I'm a huge fan. I love slowly improving my colonies until they are absurdly profitable.

I think I found a bug, though:

I think your planet cracking is capable of an overflow. I had a planet with ultrarich rare ore but only rich ore. I did planet cracking, and now I have ultrarich ore, ultrarich rare ore, and a SECOND sparse rare ore deposit. Instead of staying at +3, I now have +3 and -1. Presumably if do it again I will get +3 and +0, and so on and so forth.

It seems like planet cracking needs to be checking if it's already at MAXVAL before altering the subject planet?

tldr:
Planet went from +3 rare ore, +2 common ore -> +3 rare ore, -1 rare ore, +3 common ore

Getting some errors posting images so I'm linking an imgur album with the planet specials icons, and the 'transplutonics' industry details showing that I'm getting both +3 and -1: https://imgur.com/a/blKSAik

I'll issue a patch shortly. Thanks for letting me know about this!

frozentoes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 18, 2020, 06:53:50 PM »

Glad I could contribute in a useful manner!

A closer look at the industry breakdown image tells me that having the second ore feature actually causes me to mine the 'base income' amount twice, for a net gain - but this will quickly grow out of control. It's good to fix it.

I'll see about editing my save to correct this. I don't have a good save file to test the patch for you, sadly.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.2.1)
« Reply #483 on: May 19, 2020, 06:19:16 AM »

Glad I could contribute in a useful manner!

A closer look at the industry breakdown image tells me that having the second ore feature actually causes me to mine the 'base income' amount twice, for a net gain - but this will quickly grow out of control. It's good to fix it.

I'll see about editing my save to correct this. I don't have a good save file to test the patch for you, sadly.

This bug is fixed in 5.2.1, but the patch doesn't retroactively correct the duplicate resources on planets. I wrote the below code for you to copy/paste into the console using the console commands mod to fix the bugged conditions. The code targets the nearest planet, so be sure you're right on top of the planet you want to fix. You can edit which conditions to add or remove. Make sure to save your game before running the code. Thanks for letting me know about this bug, and I hope the code can fix it for you!

Spoiler
runcode import java.util.*; import data.campaign.econ.boggledTools; SectorEntityToken playerFleet = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet(); ArrayList<SectorEntityToken> allPlanetsInSystem = new ArrayList<SectorEntityToken>(); Iterator allEntitiesInSystem = playerFleet.getStarSystem().getAllEntities().iterator(); while(allEntitiesInSystem.hasNext())
            {
                SectorEntityToken entity = (SectorEntityToken) allEntitiesInSystem.next();
                if (entity instanceof PlanetAPI)
                {
                    allPlanetsInSystem.add(entity);
                }
            }

SectorEntityToken closestPlanet = null;
Iterator checkDistancesOfPlanets = allPlanetsInSystem.iterator();
while(checkDistancesOfPlanets.hasNext())
            {
                SectorEntityToken entity = (SectorEntityToken)checkDistancesOfPlanets.next();
                if (closestPlanet == null)
                {
                    closestPlanet = entity;
                }
                else if(boggledTools.getDistanceBetweenTokens(entity, playerFleet) < boggledTools.getDistanceBetweenTokens(closestPlanet, playerFleet))
                {
                    closestPlanet = entity;
                }
            }
MarketAPI market = closestPlanet.getMarket();
market.removeCondition("ore_sparse");
market.removeCondition("rare_ore_sparse");
market.removeCondition("volatiles_trace");
for (MarketConditionAPI condition : market.getConditions())
        {
            condition.setSurveyed(true);
        }
boggledTools.refreshSupplyAndDemand(market);
[close]

Sapling

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 19, 2020, 06:42:46 AM »

Hello. Is there a way to find my astral gates on the map? If not, will such a feature be implemented? It would be a nice QoL feature.

They show up on the system map, but not the hyperspace map. What did you have in mind in terms of where the gates should appear on the map?

Sorry, should have been more specific - I meant the hyperspace map.
If you place multiple gates and start moving across the sector and you don't mark them in a notepad or something, it is hard to keep track of where the gates are.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 19, 2020, 06:46:44 AM »

Hello. Is there a way to find my astral gates on the map? If not, will such a feature be implemented? It would be a nice QoL feature.

They show up on the system map, but not the hyperspace map. What did you have in mind in terms of where the gates should appear on the map?

If you place multiple gates and start moving across the sector and you don't mark them in a notepad or something, it is hard to keep track of where the gates are.

I'll look into a way to mark them with intel so the player can check where they are. Thanks.

Sapling

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 19, 2020, 07:22:43 AM »

That would be absolutely great. Thanks a lot

I'll look into a way to mark them with intel so the player can check where they are. Thanks.

That would be absolutely great. Thanks a lot
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 12:20:22 PM by Sapling »

DrFunTimez69

• Ensign
  • Only real *****s **** with the OG Borderlands.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 19, 2020, 08:32:59 AM »

I tried to start a new game with this mod and got this:

268574 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.OrbitalStation cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.OrbitalStationGD
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.OrbitalStation cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.OrbitalStationGD
   at data.scripts.GDModPlugin.onEnabled(GDModPlugin.java:148)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ModAndPluginData.notifyRunningWithMod(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I know very little about coding, this is gibberish to me, but I disabled mods that deal
with colonies because I saw text including orbital stations and singled it down to Better Colonies to and now it works.
I kinda want both mods so if anyone knows what to change to fix this error,
or if it actually can be fixed, any help would be appreciated.
All yall talk **** 'til you get saturation bombarded, then it gets real ****ing quiet.

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 19, 2020, 10:27:11 AM »

Is it safe to update this mod without starting a new game?

DrFunTimez69

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 19, 2020, 11:17:41 AM »

I'd imagine it would be ok to. Unless it outright removes major features, but I don't think anything's been removed, so you're good.
All yall talk **** 'til you get saturation bombarded, then it gets real ****ing quiet.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 19, 2020, 01:51:02 PM »

I'd imagine it would be ok to. Unless it outright removes major features, but I don't think anything's been removed, so you're good.

This mod is backwards compatible with itself up to 5.0.0. If you had separately installed Player Gate Construction or Boggled's Terraforming Mod, this is NOT backwards compatible with saves that already have Player Gate Construction or Boggled's Terraforming Mod in them. This mod can be added to a save in progress without any problems.

268574 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.OrbitalStation cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.OrbitalStationGD
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.OrbitalStation cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.OrbitalStationGD
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ModAndPluginData.notifyRunningWithMod(Unknown Source)

I know very little about coding, this is gibberish to me, but I disabled mods that deal
with colonies because I saw text including orbital stations and singled it down to Better Colonies to and now it works.

This problem doesn't appear to be related to my mod. The class in question causing the error ("data.scripts.GDModPlugin") is not associated with this mod. If you post your mod list, I or someone else here could probably identify the culprit. Thanks.

DrFunTimez69

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 19, 2020, 02:19:09 PM »

This problem doesn't appear to be related to my mod. The class in question causing the error ("data.scripts.GDModPlugin") is not associated with this mod. If you post your mod list, I or someone else here could probably identify the culprit. Thanks.

Yeah, thanks for replying man, big ups. So yeah, here's the mods I got:

Archean Order - (TC off)
Better Colonies - (I'm pretty sure this is it, but idk. I looked in mod_info.json and the mod plugin was data.scripts.GDModPlugin so I think thats what you're talking about.)
Cari UI Purple
Commissioned Crews
Common Radar
Console Commands
Fuel Siphoning
Grand Sector
GraphicsLib
Interesting Portraits Pack
LazyLib
MagicLib
Missing Ships
Nexerlin
Planetary Shield Access Control
Second Wave
Ship and Weapon Pack
Skilled Up
Speed Up
Starship Legends
Supply Forging
Terraforming and Station Construction - (Ik, obvious.)
Unknown Skies

So there's all of them. Again, pretty sure it's Better Colonies because it works after I disable one or the other.
Plus, I looked in the mod info thing and it had that line of text you mentioned for the plugin, but I don't know coding, so I'm
not 100% sure. Both mods deal with colonies kinda so my guess is they conflict in that regard.
Thanks for any insight you can provide, and thanks for replying and looking into this already.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 19, 2020, 02:42:04 PM »

Archean Order - (TC off)
Better Colonies - (I'm pretty sure this is it, but idk. I looked in mod_info.json and the mod plugin was data.scripts.GDModPlugin so I think thats what you're talking about.)
Cari UI Purple
Commissioned Crews
Common Radar
Console Commands
Fuel Siphoning
Grand Sector
GraphicsLib
LazyLib
MagicLib
Missing Ships
Nexerlin
Second Wave
Ship and Weapon Pack
Skilled Up
Speed Up
Starship Legends
Supply Forging
Unknown Skies

So there's all of them. Again, pretty sure it's Better Colonies because it works after I disable one or the other.
Plus, I looked in the mod info thing and it had that line of text you mentioned for the plugin, but I don't know coding, so I'm
not 100% sure. Both mods deal with colonies kinda so my guess is they conflict in that regard.
Thanks for any insight you can provide, and thanks for replying and looking into this already.

So I just downloaded Better Colonies and I have no problem loading SS with both mods enabled on my system.

Try disabling all mods except Nex, my mod, Better Colonies and the support libraries (version checker, LazyLib, etc.) and see if the game loads. If it does, then that will confirm the conflict is between Better Colonies and some other mod you have installed. Anything that makes changes to core game files related to how markets/colonies work might cause the issue - my mod actually doesn't do that! I hope this helps!

DrFunTimez69

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 19, 2020, 03:20:27 PM »

Archean Order - (TC off)
Cari UI Purple
Commissioned Crews
Common Radar
Console Commands
Fuel Siphoning
Grand Sector
GraphicsLib
LazyLib
MagicLib
Missing Ships
Nexerlin
Second Wave
Ship and Weapon Pack
Skilled Up
Speed Up
Starship Legends
Supply Forging
Unknown Skies

So I just downloaded Better Colonies and I have no problem loading SS with both mods enabled on my system.

Try disabling all mods except Nex, my mod, Better Colonies and the support libraries (version checker, LazyLib, etc.) and see if the game loads. If it does, then that will confirm the conflict is between Better Colonies and some other mod you have installed. Anything that makes changes to core game files related to how markets/colonies work might cause the issue - my mod actually doesn't do that! I hope this helps!

I'm sorry for bringing this issue to you. I thought that there was a correlation for the loading error between Better Colonies
and your mod because I downloaded them at the same time; stupid, I know. It seems the conflict is with Better Colonies and Archean Order.
Thank you for your help with this, especially since there are no problems at all on your end.
Sorry for making you go on a wild goose chase, but anyways, thanks man.

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 19, 2020, 03:45:52 PM »

I'm sorry for bringing this issue to you. I thought that there was a correlation for the loading error between Better Colonies
and your mod because I downloaded them at the same time; stupid, I know. It seems the conflict is with Better Colonies and Archean Order.
Thank you for your help with this, especially since there are no problems at all on your end.
Sorry for making you go on a wild goose chase, but anyways, thanks man.

Just saw this. I'm glad this was solved.  :)

I'd like to say that, in general, if you have Archean Order installed with other mods you should report any issues on that thread (at least at first) so that I can determine if it is from anything I've overridden. The likelihood of it being another mod is small in that case since Archean Order really is meant to be a TC because it overrides so many things. Feature mods generally work ok, but there can be exceptions even there and things update all the time so even if it worked before it may have been broken from recent changes on either side. I recently added this information to the instructions to disable the TC component so no worries if you didn't see it. I just want to try and avoid bothering other modders when the TC is a factor since it changes so many things.

(In this case, it is because I add my own implementation of vanilla stations that are faction specific and have locked in loadouts. The mod that conflicts needs access to the vanilla stations in industries.csv and I override them to add the right station variant. Unfortunately, this means that the plugin script that Better Colonies tries to add cannot be loaded properly to the stations and I think that is what causes the error. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm not sure if there is currently a workaround or I'd implement it.)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 219