Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070899 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.1.4)
« Reply #375 on: April 26, 2020, 10:55:20 AM »

Drunken suggestion:

1. Random generated terraforming quest.

Once player makes his first successful terraforming of any kind, there are probability of generating BBS quest for terraforming a random fully surveyed non-colonized planet into a specific (usually Cat3) type. No time limit, but player not able to accept more than certain amount of that kind of quests. After a successful transformation planet is transferred into control of faction, who gives a quest. Player get payment based on colony size, built structures cost and any additional equipped remained (Ai cores, NF, ST or else). As an additional reward - reputation gain over a time, like +5 each month for a one or two cycles.

2. Random generated station construction quest.

Mostly the same, but trigger is building a specific type of a station (mining station, siphon or gate). Success criteria - station has to gain a size, determined by a quest. Then it is transferred to a customer's control.

3. Recolonize quest.

Sometimes worlds decivilized because space is cruel. Sometimes, because player is cruel. Mission is to recolonize abandoned station and rise it population to certain point. Of course, that abandoned station should exist for quest to be generated.

EDIT: If reward is not enough you think, that could be a unknown blueprints or unique, other way unobtainable, ships.

The main problem I can see with this is that it takes a lot of time and money to terraform planets, so why wouldn't the player conquer existing planets or keep the terraformed planet for themselves instead? Also, this creates a "plot hole" - if a faction has money to pay the player to terraform a planet, why don't they just do it themselves? Further, the quest will take such a long time to complete there's a good chance the player will become hostile to quest-giving faction at some point which would necessitate cancelling the quest.

I think selling/transferring planets for credits belongs in Nex, not this mod. You can already transfer planets to gain reputation, so why can't you sell them?

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 26, 2020, 11:20:24 AM »

Honestly?

Main reason - astral gate web expansion. Player will never build them in a system where no his colony, because it is hard to protect, expensive to maintain and mostly useless. That makes whole astral gate network a "thing in itself" for player using only.

If faction has money and want to build an astral gate in it's system, why they not do this by themselves? Well... lack of tech required. Player is a monopolist. And just giving a gate with Nex is kinda unmotivated. It is not player, who interesting in gates in foreign system, other factions are, so they should be an initiator.

Everything else - no more than diversification of tasks, not to do same thing several times in a row.

I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

jn_xyp

• Ensign
  • Ordinary Player, Fossic.org customer support
    • View Profile
    • Jn_xyp's Blog (In Chinese)
« Reply #377 on: April 26, 2020, 10:57:58 PM »

When I hover my mouse over the "Astral Gate Construction" skill button, the game crushed immediately.

The error log:

Code
5247420 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.getPlanetTokenForQuest(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.getPlanetTokenForQuest(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;
at data.campaign.econ.abilities.Construct_Astral_Gate.createTooltip(Construct_Astral_Gate.java:222)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.E$3.createImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.create(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.showTooltip(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.public.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.AbilityPickerDialog.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This looks like it's caused by duplicate or corrupted mod files. Delete the folder for this mod and download a clean copy. Also, make sure that you're not still running any of the old versions of my mods (Gate Construction, Terraforming or Player Station Construction). Let me know if this fixes the problem.

Yep, just noticed that I also have the older version of Boggled Station Construction installed, too. The problem seem to be solved after I cleaned up my mod folder.
Thanks for the help and sorry to disturb you.
Ordinary Player, maintainer and customer support of fossic.org.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 27, 2020, 06:54:09 AM »

Honestly?

Main reason - astral gate web expansion. Player will never build them in a system where no his colony, because it is hard to protect, expensive to maintain and mostly useless. That makes whole astral gate network a "thing in itself" for player using only.

If faction has money and want to build an astral gate in it's system, why they not do this by themselves? Well... lack of tech required. Player is a monopolist. And just giving a gate with Nex is kinda unmotivated. It is not player, who interesting in gates in foreign system, other factions are, so they should be an initiator.

Everything else - no more than diversification of tasks, not to do same thing several times in a row.

I think a quest to build gates for other factions makes sense. I'll see about implementing this, but no promises!

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 27, 2020, 11:23:54 PM »

I don't suppose there's any option to allow autonomous colonies (via Nexerelin) with appropriate infrastructure to provide Terraforming points to other planets in system?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 28, 2020, 04:51:12 AM »

I don't suppose there's any option to allow autonomous colonies (via Nexerelin) with appropriate infrastructure to provide Terraforming points to other planets in system?

Nope. I don't want to make changes to any AI behavior because it's likely to result in bugs and compatibility problems. Sorry!

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 28, 2020, 06:19:11 AM »

Nope. I don't want to make changes to any AI behavior because it's likely to result in bugs and compatibility problems. Sorry!

Fair enough, guess I'll have to either eat the stability penalty for running too many colonies or just mod the limit higher.

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 28, 2020, 06:22:54 AM »

On a Barren wolrd planet, I placed a terraforming platform. How long does it take for results to appear? because I don't know if the choice was the right one. What structure should I build to start the correct terraforming? (step by step)

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 28, 2020, 06:41:17 AM »

You have to add a terraform ability to your ability bar at the bottom of the screen. Use that ability near to planet for more information.

ctuncks

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 28, 2020, 12:22:14 PM »

On a Barren wolrd planet, I placed a terraforming platform. How long does it take for results to appear? because I don't know if the choice was the right one. What structure should I build to start the correct terraforming? (step by step)

Here's how I terraformed a Barren World into a Terran one.
1. I built a terraforming platform like you on the target planet.
2. I built asteroid breaking on 3 different mining stations in the same system (they add extra points) [I Edited the max number of mining stations from 1 to 3 per system btw]
3. I Initiated the transforming ability (need to put it on your bar) and opted to terraform the planet into a frozen one first.
It takes alot of points to go straight from Barren-> Terran, going to a Frozen planet first is actually faster in the long run.
4. I built the atmosphere building and shoved a pristine nanoforge into it for extra points.
5. I built a stellar array for even more points.
6. All of this was generating 40 points a day, if I had more Domain era artifacts I could have built the other structure for even more, but I didn't.
7. At this rate it would have taken about 200 days for the Barren->Frozen Terraform if all the infrastructure was in place before i started, it wasn't so it took a little longer.
8. After it was done I started the 2nd terraforming to change it into a Terran world.
9. That took another 200 days, after it was completed I made the weather mild after another 60 or so days.
10. At this point I was done, but you may have other planetary conditions you want to remove.
11. I Decommissioned all the terraform infrastructure as there were no other planets to terraform in system.

And that's how I did it, be prepared to take an income loss on the targeted colony, all the terraforming gear isn't cheap to run.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 29, 2020, 07:40:37 AM »

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Spoiler
[close]

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 29, 2020, 07:58:16 AM »

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Spoiler
[close]

Where did you get that from? Did you create it?

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 29, 2020, 08:09:15 AM »

Where did you get that from?

I've created a stable quantum singularity and then use it to locally squeeze time-space into a specific temporal loop. That makes me travel into a future, where you give me that image.

If I ever tell you, that I am from the past, do not forget to give it to me. Time paradoxes are not what we want, right?

Spoiler
Joke.
[close]

Did you create it?

I am pretty sure Alex create that (or who is SS graphical designer?). All I made is minor repaint. Just like a coloring book. And some stickers, made by you (or where did you get them?).

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 29, 2020, 08:23:09 AM »

Where did you get that from?

I've created a stable quantum singularity and then use it to locally squeeze time-space into a specific temporal loop. That makes me travel into a future, where you give me that image.

If I ever tell you, that I am from the past, do not forget to give it to me. Time paradoxes are not what we want, right?

Spoiler
Joke.
[close]

Did you create it?

I am pretty sure Alex create that (or who is SS graphical designer?). All I made is minor repaint. Just like a coloring book. And some stickers, made by you (or where did you get them?).

Well, I really like that artwork, but unfortunately I don't think I can just simply swap the sprite. I'll look into the possibility of creating a unique Conquest with it, but no promises!

As for where I stole that Olympians hullmod artwork from...

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 29, 2020, 08:32:30 AM »

IIRC not necessary to create a new hull. It can be a "skin" thing.

That is a skin from a SWP lion guard conquest:

Code
{
    "baseHullId":"conquest",
    "skinHullId":"swp_conquest_lions_guard",
    "hullName":"Conquest (LG)",
    "descriptionId":"conquest",
    "descriptionPrefix":"This ship was built to the exacting specifications demanded by the Lion's Guard, environmentally-hardened to survive the harsh fires of Askonia.",
    "tags":["swp_LG_bp"],
    "tech":"Lion's Guard",
    "spriteName":"graphics/swp/ships/conquest/conquest_lions_guard.png",
    "baseValueMult":1.25,
    "removeWeaponSlots":[],         # ids
    "removeEngineSlots":[],         # indices, as engine slots have no id in the .ship file
    "removeBuiltInMods":[],         # hullmod ids
    "removeBuiltInWeapons":[],      # weapon slot ids
    "builtInMods":["solar_shielding"],
    "builtInWeapons":{
    },
}

Spoiler
[close]

So, it is still a "conquest" but customized, like pirate or hegemony variants. Probably, similar will works here.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 219