Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070993 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Player Station Construction (v4.2.2)
« Reply #225 on: April 04, 2020, 05:04:11 AM »

DEA procurement
[close]

Have not updated mod yet (currently 4.2.0) so not sure if in 4.2.2 still are. Is it intended to be, or bug?

It's not intended, but I suppose Domain artifacts are a commodity and it makes sense that there would be procurement requests, right?

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 04, 2020, 05:21:11 AM »

Have no idea. Really. There are strong arguments in both sides.

All I want to show it exist, in case it is not OK.

Can not confirm quest is completable (as I have no DEA yet).
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 04, 2020, 10:59:55 AM »

I was gonna argue that it would've been weird if the Luddics wanted them, but then I realized that you can just assume they'd want to destroy them like they do the AI cores.

+1 for keeping it.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 04, 2020, 11:08:23 AM »

If you mentioned Luddics, should not it be illegal commodity? Is it legal now?

Damn new run! >:(

EDIT: They are not.

Tried to add them as illegal commodity to luddic_church.faction, but it does not worked. Probably my hands grows from unproper place.

P.S. God bless console commands.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 11:52:18 AM by Mondaymonkey »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 04, 2020, 07:48:43 PM »

If you mentioned Luddics, should not it be illegal commodity? Is it legal now?

Damn new run! >:(

EDIT: They are not.

Tried to add them as illegal commodity to luddic_church.faction, but it does not worked. Probably my hands grows from unproper place.

P.S. God bless console commands.

I think the Luddics should definitely consider the domain artifacts to be contraband. I will look into implementing this. Thank you!

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 04, 2020, 11:49:28 PM »

Drunken suggestion
[close]

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 05, 2020, 07:32:11 AM »

Drunken suggestion
[close]

An orbital ring would be interesting, but it doesn't have any precedent in the lore and I'm not sure what purpose it could serve from a gameplay perspective. Plus, clicking on it might be wonky because it's donut-shaped around the planet.

Also, I don't think I have a good sprite for it.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 05, 2020, 12:36:39 PM »

I'm not sure what purpose it could serve from a gameplay perspective.

It looks cool. Main reason - coolness. What it can do in game mechanic? Basically the same as space station (as it is), just slight better. Is it possible to make it grade 4 of space station?

clicking on it might be wonky because it's donut-shaped around the planet.

Is it possible to make ring itself as unclickable object (just decor) and only nods to be interacted objects? It is always possible to make a donut with a single "gate" nod to interact with. That is probably would be a hemorrhoidal coding, tho'.

I don't think I have a good sprite for it.

You are hell right. I am able to make a less or more visual decent variants, but scaling... That thing has to be procedurally generated or come in a 3-5 different variants because of planet size and ring thickness.

I doubt result worth an efforts.

EDIT:

One fine dude (not from here) just noticed I am a %#&*(. Game contains ability to add a rings to planets procedurally based on a flat textures (see starsector-core\graphics\planets - any ring texture). And yes, they are unclickable. Not sure how complicated is mechanism, tho'.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 12:52:53 PM by Mondaymonkey »

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 05, 2020, 03:04:59 PM »

Any talk about Starsector and orbital rings isn't complete without a Tyrador Safety Coalition mention.
[close]
It grants +20% accessibility and its description is as follows:
A massive artificial ring orbiting the planet below allowing for high speed transportation of goods and resources to and from the planet via the use of multiple skyhooks and maglev trains across its vast surface.
As for my take, I would honestly welcome the ability to build them on my own worlds. I understand that they're not in the lore, but they're damn cool, and when you think about it, orbital rings are just exaggerated orbital stations.

Though, regardless of what he thinks of it, Boggled should probably focus on what's in the lore.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 03:14:36 PM by Uhlang »

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 05, 2020, 03:40:39 PM »

Tyrador Safety Coalition mention.

That is little bit another type of concept. But not worse. At least easier, just because there are already well-done graphical part to be stolen borrowed. And yes, considering planetary ring as upgrade of skyhook is also interesting, just because skyhook is already present.

BTW, there are Dyson bubble, it also looks cool.

Eshir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Player Station Construction (v4.1.0)
« Reply #235 on: April 06, 2020, 03:16:28 AM »

I thought they were compatible, but perhaps something has broken since I implemented it. I'll look into this and fix it. Thanks.

I did a test and it seems I can use Gates Awakened activated gates just fine. Make sure you read the tool tips on my gate jumping abilities - after you jump, you have to use the left and right arrow abilities to select your next destination! Please let me know if that doesn't resolve your problem.

All 3 mods don't crash the game when used togeather so thats nice but not what im after. after testing by makeing a new game constructing a astral gate then activateing a gate with the active gates by toast the gates do not work togeather as in no travel between them i think it has to do with how each system is implemented to use active gates you have to interact with said gate and then choose a destination from the menu that comes up and the astral gates do not get listed on this menu witch is what i am after... the astral gate system where you use the ability bar to select a gate dose not show the "activated" gates from active gates by toast in the rotation of gates that i can cycle through witch is also what i am after... the gates awakened mod does allow one jump and only one jump from an activated gate to any one astral gate and never works again and cannot be cycled through to be selected via ability bar skills so a one way trip and only once witch is disappointing to say the least. so all in all yes the game runs but the gate systems don't seem to interact with astral gates yet and vice versa save that one time use of disappointment. also when i interact with the astral gates there is no other gates even astral ones listed in the pop up menu i only get a leave option.  thank you for working on this! you are awsome!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 03:39:52 AM by Eshir »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 06, 2020, 06:26:22 AM »

All 3 mods don't crash the game when used togeather so thats nice but not what im after. after testing by makeing a new game constructing a astral gate then activateing a gate with the active gates by toast the gates do not work togeather as in no travel between them i think it has to do with how each system is implemented to use active gates you have to interact with said gate and then choose a destination from the menu that comes up and the astral gates do not get listed on this menu witch is what i am after... the astral gate system where you use the ability bar to select a gate dose not show the "activated" gates from active gates by toast in the rotation of gates that i can cycle through witch is also what i am after...

This mod is not compatible with Active Gates and vice versa. It is only compatible with Gates Awakened.

I'm not 100% sure but I think Active Gates might not be under active development anymore. I think it has been superseded by Gates Awakened.

the gates awakened mod does allow one jump and only one jump from an activated gate to any one astral gate and never works again and cannot be cycled through to be selected via ability bar skills so a one way trip and only once witch is disappointing to say the least. so all in all yes the game runs but the gate systems don't seem to interact with astral gates yet and vice versa save that one time use of disappointment.

Are you using the latest version of Player Station Construction (without my old, deprecated Player Gate Construction mod installed) and the latest version of Gates Awakened?

Could you post a video of the issue where you can't cycle back and forth between astral gates and Gates Awakened gates using the ability bar, along with your mod list? I've tested this myself and it seems to work fine, and I haven't seen any bug reports from other players about this issue.

Keep in mind that if you have performance mode on, the gate list only updates once per day. Please allow one day to pass before trying to use any of the jump abilities after you build a new gate.

also when i interact with the astral gates there is no other gates even astral ones listed in the pop up menu i only get a leave option.

That's working as intended. You can only jump using the astral gates by using the abilities.

Thanks for helping me with testing! I'm glad you're enjoying my mods!

Recklessimpulse

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 06, 2020, 07:42:07 AM »

Opp: founds out Outposts were NEXerlin.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 07:48:45 AM by Recklessimpulse »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 06, 2020, 07:48:59 AM »

I'm pretty sure this is the mod I should be replying too, I found a bug.
If you build one of the storage stations (Outpost) (2,500/mo upkeep stocks with supplies and fuel) it pays the player faction a storage fee for stuff you store there, the player pays nothing but if the storage fee would have payed more then 2,500 the station actually makes you money.

I'm pretty sure the outposts are actually a feature from Nexerelin. They're definitely not from this mod.

That seems like a pretty serious bug, so I would post about it in that mod's thread. Thanks.

tantananan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.0.0)
« Reply #239 on: April 07, 2020, 10:52:57 PM »

Awesome update man! Cheers!

EDIT: if i fail the lobster quest, can i replay it again?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 11:11:03 PM by tantananan »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 219