Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070248 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Player Station Construction (v4.1.0)
« Reply #210 on: April 02, 2020, 10:46:00 AM »

I think ill keep my olympian for now lol.....since most of what im fighting is bladebreakers, redacted and 9th....I need an edge.

Here's a hint for those with similar inclinations: if you remove the TRUE value in hull_mods.csv, Olympians can be installed on all your ships, not just the unique hero ship.

TheSAguy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 02, 2020, 12:15:50 PM »

Hey Boggled,
I just started to use your Terraforming Mod and it's great.

I've not yet used the player station mod, but had a few things I was thinking about.

Just building Gates all over the place seems very OP. Could you possibly add a way to first disassemble existing gates and re-construct them in the system you want them.
So that way there are a finite amount of gates.

Also, if you build a gate in a system with a cryo-sleeper. you can move the cryo-sleeper to another system with a gate.

Anyways, thanks for your great work!

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 02, 2020, 12:43:13 PM »

So I got the message with Odysseus' hint. I never played the gate mod, but I knew the mods were now merged and figured all was working as intended. I decided to do the quest later, when I would actually start exploring the fringes or something, but then Odysseus started talking to me while I was surveying some random system close to the core, but light years away from Aeolus or Penelope's Star itself.
I have dozens of mods on, so it could be some other one responsible for this(Tyrador Safeguard Coalition comes to mind. They start with a colony on Telepylus in Penelope's Star system) but I thought I'd mention it. I started a new run and will report if it happens again.

Also, all this mod merging you're doing is making me think you're gunning for an index spot in the "Megamods" section. For what it's worth, I think the planned merger between this and the terraforming mods will be well-deserving of it.
[offtopic]
What is the 9th?
[/offtopic]
Probably the Ninth Battlegroup from the Arsenal Expansion mod. They hate everyone, but don't do much and have some modified vanilla high-tech ships.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 02, 2020, 12:49:05 PM »

Just building Gates all over the place seems very OP. Could you possibly add a way to first disassemble existing gates and re-construct them in the system you want them.

You can not build them from start. There are quest to be done. There are domain artifacts to be harvested and supplied somehow. And yes, it is costly to upkeep. Disassemble-reassembling is actually easier and more OP. There are no limit currently, but I doubt you will build them more than a dozen.

Also, if you build a gate in a system with a cryo-sleeper. you can move the cryo-sleeper to another system with a gate.

Already proposed. Reasonable answer was:
I think Alex said he was going to be creating some quests/mechanics around cryosleepers that would be coming in the next version of Starsector. I don't want to step on his toes there. Besides, my mods already allow the player to build/improve many markets in almost any system where a cryosleeper is located.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 02, 2020, 02:09:04 PM »

Hey Boggled,
I just started to use your Terraforming Mod and it's great.

I've not yet used the player station mod, but had a few things I was thinking about.

So that way there are a finite amount of gates.

Anyways, thanks for your great work!

When I originally developed this mod, the player had to cannibalize existing gates to create new ones. Unfortunately, deleting existing content/objects causes significant problems for other mods, so I decided to move away from that to maintain compatibility and reduce headaches for other modders. This also applies to a lesser extent to the cryosleepers. Sorry!

I thought they were compatible, but perhaps something has broken since I implemented it. I'll look into this and fix it. Thanks.

I did a test and it seems I can use Gates Awakened activated gates just fine. Make sure you read the tool tips on my gate jumping abilities - after you jump, you have to use the left and right arrow abilities to select your next destination! Please let me know if that doesn't resolve your problem.

So I got the message with Odysseus' hint. I never played the gate mod, but I knew the mods were now merged and figured all was working as intended. I decided to do the quest later, when I would actually start exploring the fringes or something, but then Odysseus started talking to me while I was surveying some random system close to the core, but light years away from Aeolus or Penelope's Star itself.
I have dozens of mods on, so it could be some other one responsible for this(Tyrador Safeguard Coalition comes to mind. They start with a colony on Telepylus in Penelope's Star system) but I thought I'd mention it. I started a new run and will report if it happens again.

Also, all this mod merging you're doing is making me think you're gunning for an index spot in the "Megamods" section. For what it's worth, I think the planned merger between this and the terraforming mods will be well-deserving of it.
[offtopic]
What is the 9th?
[/offtopic]
Probably the Ninth Battlegroup from the Arsenal Expansion mod. They hate everyone, but don't do much and have some modified vanilla high-tech ships.

That's an odd bug you've encountered. I took a look through the Tyrador Safeguard Coalition files and I don't think it's the culprit. Could you post your mod list so I can investigate further? Either way, I think it's probably necessary to increase the number of checks I perform on planets to make sure they're the correct one. I'll include that in the next patch. Thanks for letting me know about this!

This might end up making it into the megamod section as a result of the mergers. The real reason I'm merging things is because it would be a massive headache implementing the Domain Archaeology industry, station lights overlays and sprite switching over multiple mods.

Kobura

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 02, 2020, 03:48:32 PM »

In short, mining and siphon stations are full station markets just like the ones present in the vanilla Sector (like Port Tse Franchise Station and Thulian Raider Base). Mining stations have ore and rare ore resources for the mining industry, and siphon stations have volatiles resources equivalent to their host gas giant for the mining industry. The in-game tooltips should be pretty self explanatory about where they can be built - mining stations can be built in asteroid fields and belts, and each gas giant can host a single siphon station. Let me know if you have any specific questions I didn't answer. Thank you!

I did mean specifics - what sort of richness an asteroid field would have in this case. I know the siphon is equal to the planet it orbits for volatiles. Additionally, what are the market size caps for all the various stations?

(I just started using your mod yesterday, before the gate add-in)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 02, 2020, 05:03:36 PM »

In short, mining and siphon stations are full station markets just like the ones present in the vanilla Sector (like Port Tse Franchise Station and Thulian Raider Base). Mining stations have ore and rare ore resources for the mining industry, and siphon stations have volatiles resources equivalent to their host gas giant for the mining industry. The in-game tooltips should be pretty self explanatory about where they can be built - mining stations can be built in asteroid fields and belts, and each gas giant can host a single siphon station. Let me know if you have any specific questions I didn't answer. Thank you!

I did mean specifics - what sort of richness an asteroid field would have in this case. I know the siphon is equal to the planet it orbits for volatiles. Additionally, what are the market size caps for all the various stations?

(I just started using your mod yesterday, before the gate add-in)

Asteroid fields and belts always have the same richness for the ore and rare ore resources. It's +0. By default, stations have a size cap of 10, which mirrors the vanilla/Nex functionality. You can use the settings file to put in a growth penalty as the size increases if you think stations should be size limited.

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 02, 2020, 05:52:51 PM »

[close]
And here we go. Just transverse jumped into a random system, appeared next to a random barren rock, and Odysseus started hailing me from light years away.

Here are the mods I have on:
Spoiler
Adjusted Sector
Anvil Industries
ARIA
Arsenal Expansion
Better Colonies
Blackrock
Your Station Construction(duh)
Your Terraforming
COPS
Dassault-Mikoyan
Diable
Lanestate Union
Fringe Defense Syndicate
Galaxy Tigers
GKsec
HMI
Hyperdrive
Interstellar Imperium
Junk Pirates
Kadur
Kingdom of Terra
Kipling Radiative
Legacy of Arkgneisis
Mayasuran Navy
Mayorate
Neutrino
Oculian Armada
ORA
Polaris
prv Starworks
Roider Union
SCY
Shadowyards
Sylphon
Tahlan
THI
Tyrador
Underworld
Vayra's stuff
Xhan Empire
Yuri Expedition
[close]
Left out mods I thought could never be the issue (music, portraits, ship packs, logistic/combat utilities, and industries).
If it's not Tyrador, then I have no idea what it could be. Adjusted Sector maybe?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Player Station Construction (v4.2.0)
« Reply #218 on: April 02, 2020, 06:25:32 PM »

[close]
And here we go. Just transverse jumped into a random system, appeared next to a random barren rock, and Odysseus started hailing me from light years away.

Here are the mods I have on:
Spoiler
Adjusted Sector
Anvil Industries
ARIA
Arsenal Expansion
Better Colonies
Blackrock
Your Station Construction(duh)
Your Terraforming
COPS
Dassault-Mikoyan
Diable
Lanestate Union
Fringe Defense Syndicate
Galaxy Tigers
GKsec
HMI
Hyperdrive
Interstellar Imperium
Junk Pirates
Kadur
Kingdom of Terra
Kipling Radiative
Legacy of Arkgneisis
Mayasuran Navy
Mayorate
Neutrino
Oculian Armada
ORA
Polaris
prv Starworks
Roider Union
SCY
Shadowyards
Sylphon
Tahlan
THI
Tyrador
Underworld
Vayra's stuff
Xhan Empire
Yuri Expedition
[close]
Left out mods I thought could never be the issue (music, portraits, ship packs, logistic/combat utilities, and industries).
If it's not Tyrador, then I have no idea what it could be. Adjusted Sector maybe?

I just pushed an update that implements additional checks to identify the correct planet for the Odysseus and Luyten conversations in the event there are multiple planets with the same entity ID. Let me know if that resolves the bug for you. Thanks for your help, and sorry about the bug!

adecoy95

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 02, 2020, 11:27:14 PM »

I just wanted to report that for some strange reason i can play this mod with 4.1.0 but not 4.2.0, 4.2.0 creates a crash.

the odd thing about it though is that it only seems to happen if i try to use the derelict empire setting in Nexerelin

Code
191057 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.getPlanetTokenForQuest(boggledTools.java:1681)
at data.campaign.quests.boggledGateQuest.QuestEveryFrameScript.isDone(QuestEveryFrameScript.java:24)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.runScripts(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

UPDATE: just tried disabling the quest as mentioned earlier in the thread and it did not help.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 11:42:05 PM by adecoy95 »

Kobura

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 03, 2020, 04:03:55 AM »

Considering mining stations have ore available and siphons have volatiles, is there really any advantage to Astropolis?

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 03, 2020, 04:19:36 AM »

is there really any advantage to Astropolis?

They come in a pack of three. Easy to defend. Lot of industries can be built, low upkeep. Actually, astropolises are the most profitable objects in that mod.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Player Station Construction (v4.2.1)
« Reply #222 on: April 03, 2020, 05:13:13 AM »

I just wanted to report that for some strange reason i can play this mod with 4.1.0 but not 4.2.0, 4.2.0 creates a crash.

the odd thing about it though is that it only seems to happen if i try to use the derelict empire setting in Nexerelin

Code
191057 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.getPlanetTokenForQuest(boggledTools.java:1681)
at data.campaign.quests.boggledGateQuest.QuestEveryFrameScript.isDone(QuestEveryFrameScript.java:24)

UPDATE: just tried disabling the quest as mentioned earlier in the thread and it did not help.

I think I know what caused this crash and I've released a patch to resolve it. Please let me know if the problem persists. Sorry and thank you for your patience!

adecoy95

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Player Station Construction (v4.2.1)
« Reply #223 on: April 03, 2020, 11:32:25 AM »

Code

I think I know what caused this crash and I've released a patch to resolve it. Please let me know if the problem persists. Sorry and thank you for your patience!

Game loaded up just fine now, thanks so much! i look forward to building some stations!  :)

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Player Station Construction (v4.2.2)
« Reply #224 on: April 04, 2020, 02:51:23 AM »

DEA procurement
[close]

Have not updated mod yet (currently 4.2.0) so not sure if in 4.2.2 still are. Is it intended to be, or bug?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 219