Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1071786 times)

Demonocolips

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Player Station Construction (v3.1.1)
« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2020, 01:57:13 PM »

i dont seem to see any mention of it but playing through the game i think vayra's sector adds a station in the warp that has an agricultural section added as a feature/modifier. it increases that costs of running a farm increasing heavy machinery costs and adding organic material costs but allows for farming on the station. is there any plans for hydroponics or other farming activities on stations?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2020, 02:33:25 PM »

i dont seem to see any mention of it but playing through the game i think vayra's sector adds a station in the warp that has an agricultural section added as a feature/modifier. it increases that costs of running a farm increasing heavy machinery costs and adding organic material costs but allows for farming on the station. is there any plans for hydroponics or other farming activities on stations?

I think there are other mods which add hydroponics industries to stations. In any case, that's beyond the scope of this mod, which focuses purely on creating/colonizing station types that already exist in the vanilla game/lore.
You are welcome!

Small question: what is the ore/transplutonics deposits mechanic for a mining station? Or is it stable at a moderate level?

Also, it is looks like player is able to sell the "mining" industry in a mining stations and siphons to clear a slot for another structure. That conversion makes them equal to astropolis, regardless is it a bug or a feature.

Ore/transplutonics are always at the same level for mining stations created by this mod, regardless of any situations in the system where they're built.

You can sell the mining industry on stations to clear the slot. Unfortunately I cannot override the vanilla behavior for the mining industry to prevent the player from doing that because it would introduce incompatibilities with any mod that does something similar.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2020, 03:57:53 PM »

Like that?
[close]

There are only 4 "High command" as no siphon. Sometimes it is 15 FPS, usually 20-30. But no melting.

Yeah, that's more like it, i usually do that mega spam on the systems that i claim for my faction, even if Nexerelin scales the invasions to like 8-9 "very strong" fleets.

Safety comes first... even before FPS.

The one thing i don't do, that i just noticed on your screenshot, is build planetary shield, because i like to retain the original color of my planets, even if it's a detriment to my ground defense score.

Kh0rnet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 10, 2020, 08:01:35 AM »

Any chance of extending the mod slightly and letting us construct our own Nav Buoys, Comm Stations and Sensor Arrays? It's completely nonsensical that we cannot build our own orbiting around planets. Just add upkeep costs to them or something since they're not in those SUPER RARE AND ELUSIVE STABLE LOCATIONS and it makes perfect sense.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 10, 2020, 09:45:21 AM »

The one thing i don't do, that i just noticed on your screenshot, is build planetary shield, because i like to retain the original color of my planets, even if it's a detriment to my ground defense score.

Someone should make a "Transparent planetary shield" mod.

Lets get back to a topic. Maybe there is a chance to combine this mod with terraforming one? They are already connected by a "drone control nexus". I am talking about a terraforming platform, like the one orbiting Asharu. Not sure how it can work, but it won't brake a lore.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 10, 2020, 12:54:11 PM »

This guy has you covered... more or less:
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=18156.0

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2020, 02:22:03 PM »

Any chance of extending the mod slightly and letting us construct our own Nav Buoys, Comm Stations and Sensor Arrays? It's completely nonsensical that we cannot build our own orbiting around planets. Just add upkeep costs to them or something since they're not in those SUPER RARE AND ELUSIVE STABLE LOCATIONS and it makes perfect sense.

I don't think this is a good idea because it infringes on the stable location mechanic and would be confusing for players. It would have to be a non-default setting, and it would take too much time to develop to be worth the effort.

Lets get back to a topic. Maybe there is a chance to combine this mod with terraforming one? They are already connected by a "drone control nexus". I am talking about a terraforming platform, like the one orbiting Asharu. Not sure how it can work, but it won't brake a lore.

I like this idea, and I will definitely keep it in mind for the (maybe) upcoming terraforming rework.

Kh0rnet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2020, 07:18:23 AM »

I don't think this is a good idea because it infringes on the stable location mechanic and would be confusing for players. It would have to be a non-default setting, and it would take too much time to develop to be worth the effort.

How so? Given the point of your terraforming mod (which I also love and can't imagine colonizing without anymore) it would be in lieu of the same function: that is giving the player tools to improve a solar system's condition which was determined inferior by poor RNG.
If given proper building and upkeep costs (explained by building them outside of stable locations) it seems to be a fair and balanced addition.

If you think it conflicts with stable locations in a system then how about alternatively allowing us to "make" up to 3 of our own stable locations on a system that doesn't have them?
I know it's possible with console codes... but that' crossing the line between modding and cheating, isn't it?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 07:39:19 AM by Kh0rnet »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 11, 2020, 02:49:15 PM »

How so? Given the point of your terraforming mod (which I also love and can't imagine colonizing without anymore) it would be in lieu of the same function: that is giving the player tools to improve a solar system's condition which was determined inferior by poor RNG.
If given proper building and upkeep costs (explained by building them outside of stable locations) it seems to be a fair and balanced addition.

If you think it conflicts with stable locations in a system then how about alternatively allowing us to "make" up to 3 of our own stable locations on a system that doesn't have them?
I know it's possible with console codes... but that' crossing the line between modding and cheating, isn't it?

The core issue with this suggestion is not balance concerns. It's the large amount of work I would have to do to implement this feature relative to the number of players who would enable it. I think the clash with the stable location mechanic, confusion about what the feature does, and the general lack of interest/knowledge in editing the mod settings file would mean almost no one would end up enabling this option.

I've reversed myself several times and implemented suggestions I originally dismissed if enough players post about it and request it. I'm open to doing that here as well if it turns out enough people want this feature.

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2020, 05:43:36 PM »

I don't know about Sensor Arrays and Nav Buoys, but the description on Comm Relays says that they're always built away from colonies because they damage DNA, so I don't think adding them as a colony structure is a good idea.

Though, I do agree that the rarity of systems with three stable locations is nonsensical. Even a system with a single planet should have a whole five because of Lagrangian points.

Algester

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2020, 09:24:05 PM »

just a question has there been any reports that link with the player station construction mod interfering with Tahlan's Shipworks Legio Siege stations (being indestructible) since the information I'm getting on Discord is highly confusing

assuming I'm already on the development build of Tahlan shipworks which should "fix" all of those issues

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 12, 2020, 02:42:34 PM »

just a question has there been any reports that link with the player station construction mod interfering with Tahlan's Shipworks Legio Siege stations (being indestructible) since the information I'm getting on Discord is highly confusing

assuming I'm already on the development build of Tahlan shipworks which should "fix" all of those issues

As far as I can tell, the person who claimed this mod might be responsible for issues with Tahlan Shipworks is wrong. There's multiple people reporting the same issues with Tahlan Shipworks despite not having my mod installed.

It's unfortunate that some people are spreading this false information without looking into the situation.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 14, 2020, 05:17:25 AM »

Bug report. Penelope star system. Location called "Penelope L5 asteroids".
Spoiler
[close]

This Lagrange point contains "Stable location", where makeshift nav buoy was build. I though it is funny to place mining station close to it, on the edge of a same asteroid field. Instead it was build in a middle, right where buoy is.

Is that because mining station always constructed in a center of a Lagrange point asteroid field? If so, there should be even bigger problem, as sometimes other objects like jump points and planets placed there.

P.S. Why would mining station be smaller, than nav buoy?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 14, 2020, 09:41:36 AM »

Bug report. Penelope star system. Location called "Penelope L5 asteroids".
Spoiler
[close]

This Lagrange point contains "Stable location", where makeshift nav buoy was build. I though it is funny to place mining station close to it, on the edge of a same asteroid field. Instead it was build in a middle, right where buoy is.

Is that because mining station always constructed in a center of a Lagrange point asteroid field? If so, there should be even bigger problem, as sometimes other objects like jump points and planets placed there.

P.S. Why would mining station be smaller, than nav buoy?

I'll see what I can do about making mining stations not sit in the center of asteroid fields. This is more complicated than it seems, so no promises.

The art asset for that station is very low resolution, and if I make it bigger than it appears in vanilla it looks terrible. If you want to make it bigger anyway, you can edit the custom_entities.json to increase the size.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2020, 10:53:40 AM »

Shi~

Wrong texture.

Now I can see what are you mean.
Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 11:05:58 AM by Mondaymonkey »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 219