Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070932 times)

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Player Station Construction (v2.4.0)
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2020, 04:07:14 PM »

First off, love the mod, only played around with it with cheats and such as I haven't gotten far enough to do it lagit.

I know that they have a mod out there that adds the ability to make orbital habitats but I don't like all the other features that it adds so I was wondering if you'd add the option to make them or maybe give the option to add a station that mines the planets as well, that would be great.

If you let me know which mod you're referring to, I can take a look at their implementation of orbital habitats to see if it's something I might want to add.

This could be a reference to the Secrets of the Frontier mod (https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=15820.0). It lets you construct orbital habitats at stable locations within the system (instead of comm relays, nav buoys, etc.). The habitat just gives a general hazard reduction to all other colonies in the system, but you can also upgrade a habitat into a full colony/market (at the cost of losing the system-wide hazard reduction).

On a side note, the colonies created in this manner come with a "cramped station" condition which gives a population growth penalty that gets bigger as the colony grows in size. That might be a possible alternative to a strict hard cap on station size if you're still looking to avoid hard caps like you were earlier in this thread...

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Player Station Construction (v2.4.0)
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2020, 04:56:38 PM »

First off, love the mod, only played around with it with cheats and such as I haven't gotten far enough to do it lagit.

I know that they have a mod out there that adds the ability to make orbital habitats but I don't like all the other features that it adds so I was wondering if you'd add the option to make them or maybe give the option to add a station that mines the planets as well, that would be great.

If you let me know which mod you're referring to, I can take a look at their implementation of orbital habitats to see if it's something I might want to add.

This could be a reference to the Secrets of the Frontier mod (https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=15820.0). It lets you construct orbital habitats at stable locations within the system (instead of comm relays, nav buoys, etc.). The habitat just gives a general hazard reduction to all other colonies in the system, but you can also upgrade a habitat into a full colony/market (at the cost of losing the system-wide hazard reduction).

On a side note, the colonies created in this manner come with a "cramped station" condition which gives a population growth penalty that gets bigger as the colony grows in size. That might be a possible alternative to a strict hard cap on station size if you're still looking to avoid hard caps like you were earlier in this thread...

As far as planetary mining stations go, this is something I've considered previously but rejected because it basically removes the need to colonize high hazard mining planets. From a lore standpoint it makes no sense how the station would have a low hazard rating, but all the mining operations are on the planet with the high hazard rating. In addition, why would an orbital mining station be any different than a regular orbital station all planet markets can build? I think a space elevator mining station that reduces hazard might be a reasonable idea, but there are no space elevators in the vanilla Starsector lore to my knowledge, and I don't have any good art assets for this.

With regard to the Secrets orbital habitats, I think the implementation in Secrets is very different than my stations, and the hazard reduction makes no sense from a lore standpoint (in my opinion). If you want to use only the orbital habitats from Secrets, I would make a request to the developers of that mod to add settings to enable/disable features, or separate the mod into several different mods. That said, I like the cramped station mechanic and I will add the option (in the settings file) to have this condition applied to all stations. This will be in addition to the upcoming base hazard and population cap settings I will be adding. Hopefully this will help satisfy people who don't like the unfettered population growth and low hazard of vanilla/Nex stations.

Nemo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Player Station Construction (v3.0.0)
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2020, 12:29:36 AM »

Hi there! I love this mod quite a bit, but it seems I've run into a conflict. KnightChase's Mayasuran Navy mod provides some changes to the two other settlements in the system (Port Tse Franchise Station and the Lost Astropolis respectively) which cause game crashes when I gain control of these settlements and try to add or remove industries there.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2020, 02:29:24 PM »

Hi there! I love this mod quite a bit, but it seems I've run into a conflict. KnightChase's Mayasuran Navy mod provides some changes to the two other settlements in the system (Port Tse Franchise Station and the Lost Astropolis respectively) which cause game crashes when I gain control of these settlements and try to add or remove industries there.

Can you post the stack trace from your starsector.log? I will take a look to see what's causing the problem.

Nemo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2020, 08:58:05 PM »

Can you post the stack trace from your starsector.log? I will take a look to see what's causing the problem.

Whoops, false alarm. It's not an issue with this mod, I was using Kentington's DIY Planets mod and that seems to be the one causing the problem. I switched to your terraforming mod and everything's hunky-dory now. Sorry for the trouble!  :-[

qman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2020, 10:22:24 AM »

Im getting this error, any idea?

223381 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.StarSystemAPI.addOrbitalStation(Ljava/lang/String;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;FFFLjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.StarSystemAPI.addOrbitalStation(Ljava/lang/String;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;FFFLjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;
   at org.lazywizard.omnifac.OmniFacModPlugin.createOmnifactory(OmniFacModPlugin.java:43)
   at org.lazywizard.omnifac.OmniFacModPlugin.onEnabled(OmniFacModPlugin.java:140)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ModAndPluginData.notifyRunningWithMod(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

qman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2020, 10:23:43 AM »

I cant even start a new game. here is the error, anyidea

223381 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.StarSystemAPI.addOrbitalStation(Ljava/lang/String;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;FFFLjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.StarSystemAPI.addOrbitalStation(Ljava/lang/String;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;FFFLjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;
   at org.lazywizard.omnifac.OmniFacModPlugin.createOmnifactory(OmniFacModPlugin.java:43)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ModAndPluginData.notifyRunningWithMod(Unknown Source)

Rasip

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2020, 10:34:11 AM »

With just that tiny piece on the log file there isn't much we can tell you, but unknown source usually means you didn't activate the required library mods.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2020, 02:24:30 PM »

I cant even start a new game. here is the error, anyidea

Disable all mods except for my station construction one, and then try to start a new game. Do you still get the crash? Also, let me know if you made any changes to the settings file for this mod.

I think Rasip might be correct. One of your mods may have LazyLib as a dependency but you didn't install/enable LazyLib. My mods have no dependencies.

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2020, 04:41:01 PM »

I think the key lines are:

That looks like it's from the old Omnifactory mod (https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12544.0). As far as I know, that mod hasn't been updated to run with the latest version of Starsector, so that's probably why it's crashing...

Prolbo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2020, 12:20:35 AM »

Man, its a great mod you made. With current (vanilla) colony economic state its real life saver, especially with spacecolony size limit ON. Refining and industry works was never as easy as now. Really cool mod.

And, I know, its not your goal at all, but I cant stop wondering and it looks kinda similar, how coplicated it would be to create "stable hyperbreach generator" — ability/consumable to create additional jump point in system? Probably with limit that system have less than two.

Almost forgot. What about static station construction? (Sevsor Array, Comm Relay, Nav Bouy) Would it be similar to habitat/mining station construction?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 12:32:03 AM by Prolbo »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2020, 06:37:45 AM »

Man, its a great mod you made. With current (vanilla) colony economic state its real life saver, especially with spacecolony size limit ON. Refining and industry works was never as easy as now. Really cool mod.

And, I know, its not your goal at all, but I cant stop wondering and it looks kinda similar, how coplicated it would be to create "stable hyperbreach generator" — ability/consumable to create additional jump point in system? Probably with limit that system have less than two.

Almost forgot. What about static station construction? (Sevsor Array, Comm Relay, Nav Bouy) Would it be similar to habitat/mining station construction?

I'm glad you're enjoying my mod!

The hyperbreach generator is an interesting idea, but I think there are very limited circumstances where players would want to use it. Why spend a bunch of resources to create a new jump point when you can use the ones that already exist in the system? I do have a mod that allows the player to build functional gates wherever they want - perhaps that mod would interest you?

I don't want to infringe on the stable location mechanic for building additional sensor/comm/nav structures. That would be confusing to the player and would clutter up the map with a bunch of buoys everywhere.

Baleg Qhan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2020, 04:39:28 PM »

Hey Boggled, I love this mod, but I think I encountered a bug. I was testing the mod, and one of the 3 astropoli I made around a gas giant started at 7 population. Is that intended?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2020, 04:46:42 PM »

Hey Boggled, I love this mod, but I think I encountered a bug. I was testing the mod, and one of the 3 astropoli I made around a gas giant started at 7 population. Is that intended?

No, that is certainly not intended. I know this bug happens if the player doesn't view/interact with a colony very soon after creating the market, which is why I have the colony management screen open automatically when a station completes construction.

Did the colony interaction menu pop up like usual after each astropolis completed? Is the bug reproducible, or did it only happen that one time and you can't repeat it?

Baleg Qhan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2020, 09:25:08 PM »

No, that is certainly not intended. I know this bug happens if the player doesn't view/interact with a colony very soon after creating the market, which is why I have the colony management screen open automatically when a station completes construction.

Did the colony interaction menu pop up like usual after each astropolis completed? Is the bug reproducible, or did it only happen that one time and you can't repeat it?

I will try to reproduce it a few times to help you out. I don't remember what else I was doing on my PC at the time. Could have been YT, programming, etc. that took my focus away for quite some time.

On a separate but related note, are there any plans to add a setting allowing the player to modify the build timer per station? There could also possibly be a cooldown period between building stations and a setting for that. It seems reasonable that building such a massive station would require a considerable logistic effort to undertake and would require a cooldown. Lastly, for the sake of choice, it would be neat to modify the number of stations per orbit as well through a setting. Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 09:42:08 PM by Baleg Qhan »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 219