Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070806 times)

runetrantor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Player Station Construction (v2.0.1)
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2019, 11:48:29 AM »

I think it substracted more or less 800k? I wasnt not just over 2.5m so I didnt check properly, just noticed my money washigher than it should have post colonize.

As for economic mods... Nexerelin and Varya's Sector are the main ones I think.

I have tons of the ship and factions mods, but I dunno if any would affect economy (Though some add unique buildings).

Is there a proper way to get a modlist or should I like, type it manually?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Player Station Construction (v2.0.1)
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2019, 12:49:53 PM »

I think it substracted more or less 800k? I wasnt not just over 2.5m so I didnt check properly, just noticed my money washigher than it should have post colonize.

As for economic mods... Nexerelin and Varya's Sector are the main ones I think.

I have tons of the ship and factions mods, but I dunno if any would affect economy (Though some add unique buildings).

Is there a proper way to get a modlist or should I like, type it manually?

It should have subtracted 250,000 credits to recolonize the station, and it's 500,000 credits to make a new station.

I only need to know the mods that make any changes to colonies. I will look at Varya's Sector now. Please let me know which other ones add structures or buildings. Thank you!

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Player Station Construction (v2.0.2)
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2019, 09:01:25 AM »

Mining stations in asteroid fields don't orbit correctly, instead it thinks there's an asteroid ring and goes on it's own orbit.(It doesn't stay in the asteroid field)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2019, 04:15:31 PM »

Mining stations in asteroid fields don't orbit correctly, instead it thinks there's an asteroid ring and goes on it's own orbit.(It doesn't stay in the asteroid field)

I'll look into this. Thanks for letting me know!

Iriscoral

• Lieutenant
  • Defiance against the violent enigma
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2019, 05:34:03 PM »

Do I have to start a faction before I can unlock the ability? It's not available to me.
Translator and (wannabe) game dev.
Currently curates the CN mod repo.

Mods maintained:
Polaris
ICE
FSF
Traverser

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2019, 02:33:50 PM »

Do I have to start a faction before I can unlock the ability? It's not available to me.

No, you should be able to use the ability regardless of whether you've started a faction. You need to manually add the ability to your ability bar by right clicking on a slot on the bar, and then selecting the station construction ability from the menu that pops up. Please let me know whether this work for you!

Iriscoral

• Lieutenant
  • Defiance against the violent enigma
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2019, 03:59:42 PM »

No, you should be able to use the ability regardless of whether you've started a faction. You need to manually add the ability to your ability bar by right clicking on a slot on the bar, and then selecting the station construction ability from the menu that pops up. Please let me know whether this work for you!
Sorry, it turned out I was a dunderhead and forgot to enable the mod beforehand :/
Translator and (wannabe) game dev.
Currently curates the CN mod repo.

Mods maintained:
Polaris
ICE
FSF
Traverser

Razaghal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Player Station Construction (v2.1.0)
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2019, 02:49:17 PM »

Hey! I am loving this mod, but I have an issue regarding the stations.
Sometimes, when I open the menu and to build structures or industries, my game freezes then it crashes. It happened to me three times: when I built an Astropolis station and the menu popped up, the second and third time on the construction menu on my volatiles structure.

Other than that, I don't have any problems.

Cheers!

PD: I also have your terraforming mod, and it's fantastic I must say.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2019, 04:20:42 PM »

Sometimes, when I open the menu and to build structures or industries, my game freezes then it crashes. It happened to me three times: when I built an Astropolis station and the menu popped up, the second and third time on the construction menu on my volatiles structure.

Cheers!

Is there any error message after the game crashes (ex. null pointer exception)? Can you post the last few lines of your log file right after the game crashes where it contains information about the exception that occurred? Does the crash happen every time you build an astropolis or siphon station, or does it happen randomly or in certain specific circumstances?

I'm glad you're enjoying the terraforming mod!

Razaghal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2019, 08:16:25 PM »

Cheers!

Is there any error message after the game crashes (ex. null pointer exception)? Can you post the last few lines of your log file right after the game crashes where it contains information about the exception that occurred? Does the crash happen every time you build an astropolis or siphon station, or does it happen randomly or in certain specific circumstances?

I get this Error:

Code
2872026 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.campaign.econ.boggledTerraformingTools.getPlanetType(boggledTerraformingTools.java:351)
at data.campaign.econ.industries.Stellar_Shade_Array.addRightAfterDescriptionSection(Stellar_Shade_Array.java:737)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.BaseIndustry.createTooltip(BaseIndustry.java:944)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.q$1.createImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.create(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.showTooltip(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.public.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.D.I.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0oO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It says Stellar Shade, but I don't have any of them.
Also, it happens only when I enter my Volatiles Station randomly. Although it could be a coincidence.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 08:22:52 PM by Razaghal »

cathar

• Lieutenant
  • ludd is bae
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2019, 02:15:52 AM »

Having a lot of fun with this mod in my current pirate playthrough. I think it's a great addition to Starsector, but it does have some balance issues for me, personally.

The price seems just right (if you make it more expensive it might not be a good alternative to early colonies). However, being able to just have access to a 100% hazard colony, with solid ressources, Starport and the Industry already built is really really good.

With my first 2mil and my first alpha core, I made a Siphon and Mining Station and got them to put out a solid 100k per month with minimal investment.

Feel free to ignore all of these suggestions, your mod, your vision, but here's stuff I would do to balance these a bit.
  • Set the base hazard rating to 150%. Yes vanilla stations are at 100% but these are ramshackle player stations put together with superglue and good intentions. This would limit their output and not make them automatically on par with extremely rare planets.
  • Would it be possible to have the starport and mining industry be in construction when the stations spawn, instead of having them already built. Right now I can skip one or two months of setup time of my colonies. It also takes away the (to me) interesting choice of whether I start with building defenses or industries first. 
  • Limit station size to 4 or 5. There are now millions of people living in my scrapmade little Siphon Station and it is continuing to grow.

Right now stations seem like better planets to me.

Technically, it seems fine, only issue I had is that I built a Mining Station in an asteroid field (instead of ring) close to my first base and it has now moved out of that field and is just somewhere in the system. Not a big deal but I was hoping the stations would stay together to support each other defensively.
I see now that this is fixed in the newest version I am not using yet.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2019, 02:37:06 PM »

Cheers!

I get this Error:

Code
2872026 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.campaign.econ.boggledTerraformingTools.getPlanetType(boggledTerraformingTools.java:351)
at data.campaign.econ.industries.Stellar_Shade_Array.addRightAfterDescriptionSection(Stellar_Shade_Array.java:737)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.BaseIndustry.createTooltip(BaseIndustry.java:944)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.q$1.createImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.create(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.showTooltip(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.public.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.D.I.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0oO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It says Stellar Shade, but I don't have any of them.
Also, it happens only when I enter my Volatiles Station randomly. Although it could be a coincidence.

This was actually caused by an issue with an interaction with my terraforming mod. I've issued a patch for the terraforming mod that fixes the problem. Sorry about this!

Having a lot of fun with this mod in my current pirate playthrough. I think it's a great addition to Starsector, but it does have some balance issues for me, personally.

The price seems just right (if you make it more expensive it might not be a good alternative to early colonies). However, being able to just have access to a 100% hazard colony, with solid ressources, Starport and the Industry already built is really really good.

With my first 2mil and my first alpha core, I made a Siphon and Mining Station and got them to put out a solid 100k per month with minimal investment.

Feel free to ignore all of these suggestions, your mod, your vision, but here's stuff I would do to balance these a bit.
  • Set the base hazard rating to 150%. Yes vanilla stations are at 100% but these are ramshackle player stations put together with superglue and good intentions. This would limit their output and not make them automatically on par with extremely rare planets.
  • Would it be possible to have the starport and mining industry be in construction when the stations spawn, instead of having them already built. Right now I can skip one or two months of setup time of my colonies. It also takes away the (to me) interesting choice of whether I start with building defenses or industries first. 
  • Limit station size to 4 or 5. There are now millions of people living in my scrapmade little Siphon Station and it is continuing to grow.

Right now stations seem like better planets to me.

Technically, it seems fine, only issue I had is that I built a Mining Station in an asteroid field (instead of ring) close to my first base and it has now moved out of that field and is just somewhere in the system. Not a big deal but I was hoping the stations would stay together to support each other defensively.
I see now that this is fixed in the newest version I am not using yet.

Thanks for your kind words about my mods!

As far as balance goes, I think the cost for the stations is too low personally but when I had it higher during initial development the overwhelming response was that it needed to be lower. Since I want to please the largest number of mod users, I will keep the cost low for now as that seems to be the majority preference despite my personal views. The main argument for keeping it lower is that if the player has Nex installed they can just pay for an invasion fleet instead of building a station if the cost is too high.

I don't want to change the hazard rating or maximum population because it would introduce player confusion as to why certain stations have different attributes. If vanilla/Nex make these changes, I will follow suit.

Razaghal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2019, 07:58:49 PM »

Oh so it was an error with your other mod lol. Nice to see the bug will be fixed next patch :D.

cathar

• Lieutenant
  • ludd is bae
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2019, 02:37:56 PM »

As far as balance goes, I think the cost for the stations is too low personally but when I had it higher during initial development the overwhelming response was that it needed to be lower. Since I want to please the largest number of mod users, I will keep the cost low for now as that seems to be the majority preference despite my personal views. The main argument for keeping it lower is that if the player has Nex installed they can just pay for an invasion fleet instead of building a station if the cost is too high.

Maybe a special planet attribute with icon that says something like "Improvised station construction - due to the limited ressources used in the initial construction of this station, its size cannot exceed X?"

To differentiate it from Nex stations?

Aside from making the initial cost higher, do you think there's any other balance buttons you can push?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2019, 06:38:51 AM »

Maybe a special planet attribute with icon that says something like "Improvised station construction - due to the limited ressources used in the initial construction of this station, its size cannot exceed X?"

To differentiate it from Nex stations?

Aside from making the initial cost higher, do you think there's any other balance buttons you can push?

I could use a condition to indicate how and why the maximum size is limited, but that doesn't explain why the Nex/Vanilla stations would be unlimited, considering many of them (ex. Lost Astropolis near Mairaath) are definitely even more improvised than any player construction would be. I think this is an issue to take up with the Nex developer(s) because I'm going to follow their lead with however stations behave.

As far as balance goes, I think limiting the stations to 5 maximum population would be the best way to do it, but that's an issue for Nex as I'm not going to deviate from how other stations are treated.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 219