Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070779 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.4.6)
« Reply #945 on: November 25, 2020, 12:44:01 PM »

Mod is great, thank you! Just a couple of questions though,
How can you remove hot condition on volcanic planets? I tried to build stellar shades, but of no use sadly.
Also this domain technology mining thing, there is a second option in settings.json called  ("boggledReplaceAgreusTechMiningWithDomainArchaeology":true,) what exactly it does? Is it suppose to replace tech mining for blueprints and weapons? and if so will you get any blueprints besides domain artifacts item?
Thank you in advance!

You have to use the terraforming control panel to modify planetary conditions. Right now there's no option to remove only the hot condition from a planet - you have to change it to a different planet type. I intend to add the ability to change only the temperature in the future, but I doubt I'll allow players to remove the hot conditions from volcanic planets!

That setting will replace the tech mining industry on Agreus with my Domain Archaeology industry. This will result in Agreus exporting domain artifacts, allowing the player to obtain them without having to build a Domain Archaeology industry themselves.

Oh, silly me! i thought it was hot because of close proximity to sun not cause of the volcanic nature, so that was my logic ;D Thanx for elaborating on that one!

Is there a chance you could maybe in future combine tech mining with domain archaeology so that it wont have to take 2 industry slots to have both? what i gather from the description they are pretty much the same thing, so it would be only natural for one industry to produce both, blueprints\items and Domain-era Artifacts that you have created.

And am I right assuming that Arcology type worlds are introduced by your mod not Unknown skies?

Thank you for such a quick answer!

Tech mining is a vanilla industry so I cannot modify it without causing compatibility problems with other mods.

Yes, arcology worlds are introduced by this mod, not US.

UserNameViolation

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: November 25, 2020, 12:48:40 PM »

Spoiler
Mod is great, thank you! Just a couple of questions though,
How can you remove hot condition on volcanic planets? I tried to build stellar shades, but of no use sadly.
Also this domain technology mining thing, there is a second option in settings.json called  ("boggledReplaceAgreusTechMiningWithDomainArchaeology":true,) what exactly it does? Is it suppose to replace tech mining for blueprints and weapons? and if so will you get any blueprints besides domain artifacts item?
Thank you in advance!

You have to use the terraforming control panel to modify planetary conditions. Right now there's no option to remove only the hot condition from a planet - you have to change it to a different planet type. I intend to add the ability to change only the temperature in the future, but I doubt I'll allow players to remove the hot conditions from volcanic planets!

That setting will replace the tech mining industry on Agreus with my Domain Archaeology industry. This will result in Agreus exporting domain artifacts, allowing the player to obtain them without having to build a Domain Archaeology industry themselves.

Oh, silly me! i thought it was hot because of close proximity to sun not cause of the volcanic nature, so that was my logic ;D Thanx for elaborating on that one!

Is there a chance you could maybe in future combine tech mining with domain archaeology so that it wont have to take 2 industry slots to have both? what i gather from the description they are pretty much the same thing, so it would be only natural for one industry to produce both, blueprints\items and Domain-era Artifacts that you have created.

And am I right assuming that Arcology type worlds are introduced by your mod not Unknown skies?

Thank you for such a quick answer!

Tech mining is a vanilla industry so I cannot modify it without causing compatibility problems with other mods.

Yes, arcology worlds are introduced by this mod, not US.
[close]

Got it, thanx! You are awesome! Keep up the good work=)

hollow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: November 25, 2020, 04:09:33 PM »

hello there!
I was just wandering if I could modify the amount of astroid belts required to achieve a resource level anywhere in the settings as It seems a bit unrealistic to me that an entire astroid belt only yields a sparse amount of ores

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: November 25, 2020, 04:30:25 PM »

hello there!
I was just wandering if I could modify the amount of astroid belts required to achieve a resource level anywhere in the settings as It seems a bit unrealistic to me that an entire astroid belt only yields a sparse amount of ores

No, the values are hardcoded. I'll add a setting to modify this when I update the mod for the new version of starsector.

Aweguy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: November 26, 2020, 11:03:17 AM »

Hello, very nice mod, and i wanna suggest something that may be previously mentioned as i haven't read all of the comments. Could you add a setting which removes the planet size requirement for the Astropoli? Also i would like to know, why is 3 Astropoli per planet the highest number you can go with? Just curious about the reason. Thanks in advance. Keep up the good work.  :)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: November 26, 2020, 01:30:10 PM »

Hello, very nice mod, and i wanna suggest something that may be previously mentioned as i haven't read all of the comments. Could you add a setting which removes the planet size requirement for the Astropoli? Also i would like to know, why is 3 Astropoli per planet the highest number you can go with? Just curious about the reason. Thanks in advance. Keep up the good work.  :)

Hmm, I could add a setting to override the astropolis planet size requirement.

The three astropoli limit is the lowest I could make it while still allowing the player to "recreate" Mairaath before the pather attack.

Aweguy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 27, 2020, 10:17:43 AM »

Ok then. Keep it up and i'll be waiting for the next update (i know that it will come after Starsector gets updated)

Shura_Takahara

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: December 01, 2020, 05:32:44 AM »

this mod is really great! but there is something that kinda bother me.is that the terraformer option only work in planets when you are in the sistem,but i have a lot of colonies all over the sector,so when i am doing a terraformer project i leave the sector and go to other really far away to keep terraforming,but my supplies and fuel burn like crazy from the travel. is there some way to make the terraformer option work like the menu of the colonies you own? so that i dont have to be physically in there to command them to build a terran planet? one example is that one of my colonies is far away close to the border of the system, so it finished a terraforming,but i am in the other edge,so i have to travel a LOT to reach that place and tell them to build a modification in the planet.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: December 01, 2020, 05:42:59 AM »

this mod is really great! but there is something that kinda bother me.is that the terraformer option only work in planets when you are in the sistem,but i have a lot of colonies all over the sector,so when i am doing a terraformer project i leave the sector and go to other really far away to keep terraforming,but my supplies and fuel burn like crazy from the travel. is there some way to make the terraformer option work like the menu of the colonies you own? so that i dont have to be physically in there to command them to build a terran planet? one example is that one of my colonies is far away close to the border of the system, so it finished a terraforming,but i am in the other edge,so i have to travel a LOT to reach that place and tell them to build a modification in the planet.

I'm considering adding an option to the colony interaction menu to control terraforming projects remotely in the next update. However, in defense of the current implementation, you also have to travel to colonies in-person to install special items (AI cores, nanoforges, etc.) even if they're already in storage at the colony.

FatalStrings

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: December 01, 2020, 06:02:55 PM »

Can I loop planetary cracking operations and tectonic stabilization? my system has trash-tier metal deposits. Apologies in advanced if this has been asked before.

Shura_Takahara

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: December 02, 2020, 03:54:02 AM »

Can I loop planetary cracking operations and tectonic stabilization? my system has trash-tier metal deposits. Apologies in advanced if this has been asked before.

you can  do it has many times you want,but it will still take time.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: December 06, 2020, 03:17:15 AM »

I'm considering adding an option to the colony interaction menu to control terraforming projects remotely in the next update. However, in defense of the current implementation, you also have to travel to colonies in-person to install special items (AI cores, nanoforges, etc.) even if they're already in storage at the colony.
Player should at least have a way to remotely check the process of terraforming process. Maybe add a planetary condition that shows the progress in description?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 06, 2020, 06:28:03 AM »

Player should at least have a way to remotely check the process of terraforming process. Maybe add a planetary condition that shows the progress in description?

If I don't implement remote terraforming, I'll definitely add a way to check progress.

TiberQ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: December 07, 2020, 10:22:12 AM »

Hi,

Have been using Boggeled Station construction since your version 2.4.0
Nice progress in the mean time ^^

When deactivating terraforming on your mod (bcus in my current run i am using the other one, by Kentington) the Astropolis Station still has the Asteroid Breaking building available, along whit an error message. Am not using the point for terraforming atm. I sure do hope u and Kentington collab for a very nice total mod indeed, for now, i am using the setting file, as how i came to the above oversight.

Speaking about oversights, when viewing the ingame ''Show system info'' from star on starmap, i still get the overlap around large planets whit small planets and Astropolis stations.
That overlap of an Astropolis on a small planet, while it is actually around the large one... is strange. I would not mind if a checksum would be added to prevent construction of astropolis around these cases. Or the hardway, have them have their own spot spawned in ''Show system overview''

Lastly, the siphon station can be added to an already colonized gas planet, or vica versa. Dont recal if that is possible in Vanilla. But since i usally terraform it anyway the siphon seems redundant / messy. Removing this option would be nice either way (or having to abandon the siphon before terraforming the below said gas planet) (having only vanilla Spawn do this would be fine i guess... as an oddball).

Anyway, keep up the good work, nice mod indeed ;-)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: December 07, 2020, 10:50:07 AM »

Hi,

Have been using Boggeled Station construction since your version 2.4.0
Nice progress in the mean time ^^

When deactivating terraforming on your mod (bcus in my current run i am using the other one, by Kentington) the Astropolis Station still has the Asteroid Breaking building available, along whit an error message. Am not using the point for terraforming atm. I sure do hope u and Kentington collab for a very nice total mod indeed, for now, i am using the setting file, as how i came to the above oversight.

Speaking about oversights, when viewing the ingame ''Show system info'' from star on starmap, i still get the overlap around large planets whit small planets and Astropolis stations.
That overlap of an Astropolis on a small planet, while it is actually around the large one... is strange. I would not mind if a checksum would be added to prevent construction of astropolis around these cases. Or the hardway, have them have their own spot spawned in ''Show system overview''

Lastly, the siphon station can be added to an already colonized gas planet, or vica versa. Dont recal if that is possible in Vanilla. But since i usally terraform it anyway the siphon seems redundant / messy. Removing this option would be nice either way (or having to abandon the siphon before terraforming the below said gas planet) (having only vanilla Spawn do this would be fine i guess... as an oddball).

Anyway, keep up the good work, nice mod indeed ;-)

I'm glad you've been enjoying my mod!

You can't disable mods once content from the mod is in your save file. This will cause crashes and bugs with almost every mod, not just mine.

I'm not sure what you mean about the astropolis "show info" issue. Can you post or PM me a screenshot where the problem is visible?

Using the default settings on my mod, you cannot terraform gas giants. Therefore the siphon station assumes that once constructed in orbit around a gas giant, it will always be a gas giant. The amount of development time required to have siphon stations check for terraforming of the gas giant and deconstruct themselves would probably be too much to justify changing this.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 219