Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 222

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1095486 times)

DubTre6

• Commander
  • Tri-Tachyon Agricultural Rep.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.4.1)
« Reply #780 on: August 07, 2020, 09:16:06 PM »

@Boggled

Just wanted to report everything is working fine, after going to Umbra I was able to start (and subsequently complete) the quest.
8) why fight the paragon when you can BE the paragon 8)

immortalartisan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 08, 2020, 12:31:27 AM »

add a special ending for the lobsters if your allied with the group who did it as it doesnt make sense that way

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 08, 2020, 07:47:26 AM »

Can the archipelego class be added to the terraform option?

As my college teacher once said: "everything can eventually be added to anything, but is it have much sense?". He was talking about different classes of variables in math, not SS planet classes, but words are still fair.

Archipelago class is not in vanilla, so adding it is impossible if US are not installed. So, to add this feature TASC should check if US are in the mod list, and only then activate that option. That *could* theoretically have some sense if that planet class was unique with unique benefits, but practically it is no more than water world (already available) with different sprite texture. In this circumstances adding archipelago class - is nothing more than creating additional potential source of bugs.

Also, IIRC Boggled once said he "use all slots" for planet classes already. Whatever it means.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 08, 2020, 11:36:35 AM »

Would it be hard/possible to make the ore levels on mining stations depend on the amount of asteroid belts/fields in the system?
It seems like something that would make sense and give the player something more to consider while looking for the perfect system to settle.
but practically it is no more than water world (already available) with different sprite texture.
Actually, archipelago worlds are a bit better than water worlds because they're water worlds that get farming bonuses, so if you're lucky, you can have both Bountiful Farmland and Volturnian lobsters.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 08, 2020, 12:12:44 PM »

Actually, archipelago worlds are a bit better than water worlds because they're water worlds that get farming bonuses, so if you're lucky, you can have both Bountiful Farmland and Volturnian lobsters.

RLY? Didn't know that. Have never met archipelago world with more than "adequate" (+0) farmland.

Here we encounter additional problem: if archipelago world really able to have +2 farmland, and considering standard TASC terraforming projects are always have maxed out resources, there would be no reason to make water transformation, as archipelago basically superior to it. Same thing as arid project make desert project obsolete and eventually be removed. Adding archipelago world is effectively equal to killing the water world options, so suggestion rather should be: replace water project with archipelago if US is installed. And no "slot" problem, whatever it is...

On the other hand - have no idea if it is doable, and if is - how hard. Dubious idea, anyway.

immortalartisan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 08, 2020, 01:40:58 PM »

bug when you build an acropolis because it acts like a colony you get the docked once its done no matter where you are, which allowed me to insta repair when doing so [redacted] clearing

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 08, 2020, 03:44:50 PM »

Tbh, any planet with ocean(s) must have ability to have Volturnian lobsters. Its more question of balance, than anything else, imho.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 08, 2020, 04:09:55 PM »

Not sure if it will be useful, but I did it.

P.S. I am really bad at gif optimizing...

Spoiler
[close]

Smaller version
[close]

I think the red line of text about adding abilities is sufficient for most players. An animation showing how to do it would be nice, but I think it would need to have text and red circles overlain on the video to make it obvious what the purpose of the video is and what the player is being instructed to do.

@Boggled

Just wanted to report everything is working fine, after going to Umbra I was able to start (and subsequently complete) the quest.

Great. Enjoy the mod!

Can the archipelego class be added to the terraform option?

No, I don't think this is a good idea. Having too many terraforming options clutters the UI, and it would create confusion about whether the archipelago is considered a water world or a terran world. As Uhlang and Chikanuk indicated, there would be issues regarding seeding volturnian lobsters on it as well. Overall, I think it would create more complexity and confusion, and if the player doesn't use US they won't even see it.

As per usual, I'll change my mind about this if there's enough popular demand.

add a special ending for the lobsters if your allied with the group who did it as it doesnt make sense that way

There's an explanation for this if you read the dialogue. The group in question has internal power struggles and Simmons is aligned against the current leader (who the player may or may not be allied with). This is supported by the vanilla lore if you read the section about the second AI war.

bug when you build an acropolis because it acts like a colony you get the docked once its done no matter where you are, which allowed me to insta repair when doing so [redacted] clearing

I'm aware of this exploit, but unfortunately if the player doesn't immediately interact locally with a market when it's created, there's a bug where the population size rapidly increases for no reason. I have no choice but to force the colony popup when an astropolis finishes so as to avoid this bug, even though it allows the player to repair when they shouldn't be able to.

Would it be hard/possible to make the ore levels on mining stations depend on the amount of asteroid belts/fields in the system?

I think this would be possible. I think it's a very good idea and it could easily be communicated to the player via a single sentence on the tool tip, which they are practically forced to read anyway when building a station. Thanks for the suggestion!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 04:12:48 PM by boggled »

peppermeth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 08, 2020, 07:02:09 PM »

I dont get the quest at Umbra. Did i skip it in the past and then can't get it anymore? If it's something like that how can i reset (if possible) the quest?

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 08, 2020, 09:59:13 PM »

I dont get the quest at Umbra. Did i skip it in the past and then can't get it anymore? If it's something like that how can i reset (if possible) the quest?

Visit it couple month later. Or couple month later after that... Eventually it will be there.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 09, 2020, 12:43:28 AM »

A small suggestion, if possible:

The possibility to make the Astral Gates "orbitable" objects. I've had a few instances where i want to idle near my astral gate, but this means i have to catch up with it manually every so often before it goes away. Usually it's not a problem if there's something else close by that i can attach to so i can orbit along with it, but it's usually not the case in my playthrough.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 09, 2020, 03:07:44 AM »

A small suggestion, if possible:

The possibility to make the Astral Gates "orbitable" objects. I've had a few instances where i want to idle near my astral gate, but this means i have to catch up with it manually every so often before it goes away. Usually it's not a problem if there's something else close by that i can attach to so i can orbit along with it, but it's usually not the case in my playthrough.

Hmm, I'm not sure if this is possible but I'll look into it. I can understand why this would be convenient for the player.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 09, 2020, 04:50:39 AM »

Is there any specific requirement for seeded lobsters?

I colonised a 'native' water world I found and put lobsters on it, but because of shifting priorities I didn't build an aquaculture right away.
When I did build an aquaculture the colony harvested lobsters and put them in the stockpile, and the tooltip indicated the output was food + lobster.
But there were no exports being generated, and the colony did not show up in the 'places to buy' display.

I tried removing the lobsters by editing the campaign.xml and re-seeding them with the aquaculture in place.
And I tried terraforming the planet to see if that had any effect.
Niether made any difference.

I'm fairly sure I have seeded lobsters with all the expected results in a previous game.
Although that was from a world that was terraformed to water, and had some script event which created a farm then changed it to aquaculture.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 09, 2020, 05:20:37 AM »

Is there any specific requirement for seeded lobsters?

I colonised a 'native' water world I found and put lobsters on it, but because of shifting priorities I didn't build an aquaculture right away.
When I did build an aquaculture the colony harvested lobsters and put them in the stockpile, and the tooltip indicated the output was food + lobster.
But there were no exports being generated, and the colony did not show up in the 'places to buy' display.

I tried removing the lobsters by editing the campaign.xml and re-seeding them with the aquaculture in place.
And I tried terraforming the planet to see if that had any effect.
Niether made any difference.

I'm fairly sure I have seeded lobsters with all the expected results in a previous game.
Although that was from a world that was terraformed to water, and had some script event which created a farm then changed it to aquaculture.

Lobsters work differently than other commodities. They don't show up as an export, and there's some other weird quirks to how they work. Could you post screenshots showing the difference in behavior between a native water world and a terraformed one? Is the behavior any different than what happens with Volturn?

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 09, 2020, 05:50:28 AM »

This is the 'native' world I tried editing and terraforming.

Here you can see the lobster pens condition, and the commodity list.
Spoiler
[close]

The tooltip for the aquaculture.
Spoiler
[close]

The colony stockpile.
Spoiler
[close]

And the commodity tooltip.
Spoiler
[close]

Volturn doesn't have the lobsters listed in its commodity exports either.
Spoiler
[close]

Volturn's industry tooltip shows the same.
Spoiler
[close]

And the commodity tooltip.
Spoiler
[close]

Looks like I've mis-remembered the commodity list, but I'm fairly certain that a colony with lobsters should be appearing on the places to buy list.
I don't currently have an example of a 'non-native' water world, but I'll change that shortly.

[edit]
And the terraformed colony, complete with exports in the commodity tooltip.
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 06:23:43 AM by Serenitis »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 222