Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1100725 times)

Baltico

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v5.4.6)
« Reply #1020 on: March 01, 2021, 02:24:20 PM »

Thank you Boggled for your mod, it's really a good one!

I don't get how to build the Siphon station, I've tried with a colony and with an outpost but I can't find the way to do it.

Always tried with a gas giant without success :(

What does the red text on your "Construct Siphon Station" ability say?

I have no clue about where this Construct Siphon Station should be

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 01, 2021, 03:53:37 PM »

Thank you Boggled for your mod, it's really a good one!

I don't get how to build the Siphon station, I've tried with a colony and with an outpost but I can't find the way to do it.

Always tried with a gas giant without success :(

What does the red text on your "Construct Siphon Station" ability say?

I have no clue about where this Construct Siphon Station should be

https://i.imgur.com/ulvepTi.gif

Take a look at the above tutorial, except instead of terraforming, select the Construct Siphon Station ability.

Revontulet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 02, 2021, 10:53:21 PM »

How do you make the stellar shades disappear from the map once you remove the industry??? They are causing a lot of map clutter!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 03, 2021, 10:53:18 AM »

How do you make the stellar shades disappear from the map once you remove the industry??? They are causing a lot of map clutter!

That's the intended behavior. If they disappeared, why would the planet stay terraformed if it's too close/far from the star?

That being said, here's two console commands to delete the mirrors and shades respectively from the system the player fleet is located in. You may need to execute it multiple times to get rid of them all. Be sure to back up your save before using them.

Code
runcode LocationAPI system2 = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().getContainingLocation(); List<SectorEntityToken> entitiesList = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().getStarSystem().getEntitiesWithTag("stellar_mirror"); SectorEntityToken rementity = (SectorEntityToken)entitiesList.get(0); system2.removeEntity(rementity)
Code
runcode LocationAPI system2 = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().getContainingLocation(); List<SectorEntityToken> entitiesList = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().getStarSystem().getEntitiesWithTag("stellar_shade"); SectorEntityToken rementity = (SectorEntityToken)entitiesList.get(0); system2.removeEntity(rementity)

Revontulet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 03, 2021, 03:50:33 PM »

That's the intended behavior. If they disappeared, why would the planet stay terraformed if it's too close/far from the star?

That being said, here's two console commands to delete the mirrors and shades respectively from the system the player fleet is located in. You may need to execute it multiple times to get rid of them all. Be sure to back up your save before using them.

Code
runcode LocationAPI system2 = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().getContainingLocation(); List<SectorEntityToken> entitiesList = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().getStarSystem().getEntitiesWithTag("stellar_mirror"); SectorEntityToken rementity = (SectorEntityToken)entitiesList.get(0); system2.removeEntity(rementity)
Code
runcode LocationAPI system2 = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().getContainingLocation(); List<SectorEntityToken> entitiesList = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().getStarSystem().getEntitiesWithTag("stellar_shade"); SectorEntityToken rementity = (SectorEntityToken)entitiesList.get(0); system2.removeEntity(rementity)

tyvm

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: March 04, 2021, 12:27:23 PM »

An odd error I've never seen before...

An NPE being generated when the 'add building' menu is opened on a colony with a moon.
Spoiler
1560874 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.campaign.econ.industries.Astropolis_Station.numAstroInOrbit(Astropolis_Station.java:343)
   at data.campaign.econ.industries.Astropolis_Station.isAvailableToBuild(Astropolis_Station.java:373)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.updateTable(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.createUI(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryListPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

The moon in question was not generated by a vanilla process, but rather one of the 'tiny' moons created by this mod.
There may be some odd interaction with the script that's checking for the ability to build astropolis stations.

Just for confirmation, I disabled the ability to build those stations and the error no longer occurs.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 04, 2021, 01:56:51 PM »

An odd error I've never seen before...

An NPE being generated when the 'add building' menu is opened on a colony with a moon.
Spoiler
1560874 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.campaign.econ.industries.Astropolis_Station.numAstroInOrbit(Astropolis_Station.java:343)
   at data.campaign.econ.industries.Astropolis_Station.isAvailableToBuild(Astropolis_Station.java:373)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.updateTable(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.createUI(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryListPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

The moon in question was not generated by a vanilla process, but rather one of the 'tiny' moons created by this mod.
There may be some odd interaction with the script that's checking for the ability to build astropolis stations.

Just for confirmation, I disabled the ability to build those stations and the error no longer occurs.

Thanks for reporting this. I'll get it fixed for the next update.

Darkwhip

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 04, 2021, 07:09:45 PM »

Did you think about adding the ability to ignite gas giants into a brown-dwarves and then into a star to increase the light on a system?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 05, 2021, 05:38:34 AM »

Did you think about adding the ability to ignite gas giants into a brown-dwarves and then into a star to increase the light on a system?

This is an interesting idea, but it's my understanding that it's not possible from a scientific standpoint because gas giants need to have a certain amount of mass to sustain fusion. I know there's lots of people here with more science knowledge than me, so if they want to clarify the situation I would be happy to reconsider my position.

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 05, 2021, 01:49:51 PM »

DIY Planets covers the gas giant -> brown dwarf part, at least.
This is an interesting idea, but it's my understanding that it's not possible from a scientific standpoint because gas giants need to have a certain amount of mass to sustain fusion. I know there's lots of people here with more science knowledge than me, so if they want to clarify the situation I would be happy to reconsider my position.
There are ways to light up gas giants without turning them into stars, but even the most basic ones are far beyond Starsector's technological level.

Also, if this blog post is anything to go by, we're getting a vanilla way to light up planets, so I don't think it would be worth implementing at this point even if it did work in the setting.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 05, 2021, 02:05:46 PM »

DIY Planets covers the gas giant -> brown dwarf part, at least.
There are ways to light up gas giants without turning them into stars, but even the most basic ones are far beyond Starsector's technological level.

Also, if this blog post is anything to go by, we're getting a vanilla way to light up planets, so I don't think it would be worth implementing at this point even if it did work in the setting.

Good point about the vanilla "star" device. I'll wait and see how that works before deciding whether to implement this.

Revontulet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 06, 2021, 09:37:16 PM »

Hi again! I seem to be crashing every time I build a Remnant station from your mod. I uploaded the log file to MEGA so that you can view it since pastebin froze on me.

https://mega.nz/file/PPQxxaTD#UoJmcPFpXdHfSdAn1vSS5FT0-gkOfKE1uypdpVjGrns

Below is the lines specific to the time of the crash.

tyvm for any help you can give

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 07, 2021, 05:33:54 AM »

Hi again! I seem to be crashing every time I build a Remnant station from your mod. I uploaded the log file to MEGA so that you can view it since pastebin froze on me.

I can't tell from the stack trace what's causing this crash, and I'm unable to replicate it myself. Can you give me any additional information regarding when the crash occurs (ex. on game launch, on save load, when you queue up the station in colony build manager, when building finishes, when you install AI core, when battle involving station begins, when battle involving station ends, etc.)? Do you have any other mods installed that make changes to colonies, commanders, commander skills, remnants, stations, etc.?

Revontulet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 08, 2021, 08:32:57 AM »

I can't tell from the stack trace what's causing this crash, and I'm unable to replicate it myself. Can you give me any additional information regarding when the crash occurs (ex. on game launch, on save load, when you queue up the station in colony build manager, when building finishes, when you install AI core, when battle involving station begins, when battle involving station ends, etc.)? Do you have any other mods installed that make changes to colonies, commanders, commander skills, remnants, stations, etc.?

The crash occured when building the station and it was found out to be the result of me editing the industries csv, even though the only thing I changed in it was how long it took the Terraforming Station industry to build, and all other industries loaded perfectly fine.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 08, 2021, 08:40:54 AM »

The crash occured when building the station and it was found out to be the result of me editing the industries csv, even though the only thing I changed in it was how long it took the Terraforming Station industry to build, and all other industries loaded perfectly fine.

That's odd. Either way, I'm glad it's fixed!
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 223