Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.95a] Second Wave Options (0.6.5) - Options for Adjusting Campaign Difficulty  (Read 154590 times)

AgroXx

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Thanks, I have more questions if you don't mind, "Fleet logistics lv1" still work with "Reduced Salvage Chance for Larger Ships" ? Also, do you know if it possible to reduce the rate of big ship (like capital) both from vanilla and mod to be less common in market ?

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile

Fleet logistics and stuff like Reinforced Bulkheads should still work fine, yes.

I don't know if it's possible to reduce the rate large ships show up in markets except by reducing market size and stability, unfortunately. Certainly it's beyond my knowhow.

Neitronus

• Ensign
    • View Profile

1) There's any way to have a hullmod which affects Illiad mode? Something like longer buffer for ships with serveying equipement? I know that this would require a complete redesign codewise so this multiplier would apply to individual ships rather than to whole fleet at once.
2) Also, what about optional "permanent till docking" CR reduction along with all those changes? I mean, that would make sense to have your ships wearing down due to prolonged jorneys.
3) How about optional cross-integration with industrial evolution mod or something based on its "Restoration Docks"? I'm talking about stacking hullmod with all those changes (Take HMI Junk ships as an example with their hullmod which adds OP based on permanent damage.) which could be repaired on prolonged maintenance. Something to reflect that your ships, especialy bigger-ones, would take time to maintain.

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile

1) There's any way to have a hullmod which affects Illiad mode? Something like longer buffer for ships with serveying equipement? I know that this would require a complete redesign codewise so this multiplier would apply to individual ships rather than to whole fleet at once.
2) Also, what about optional "permanent till docking" CR reduction along with all those changes? I mean, that would make sense to have your ships wearing down due to prolonged jorneys.
3) How about optional cross-integration with industrial evolution mod or something based on its "Restoration Docks"? I'm talking about stacking hullmod with all those changes (Take HMI Junk ships as an example with their hullmod which adds OP based on permanent damage.) which could be repaired on prolonged maintenance. Something to reflect that your ships, especialy bigger-ones, would take time to maintain.
1) I don't currently have plans to change any of the existing features into hullmods since I don't think I can combine them (given some effects are only supposed to affect the player) and multiple hullmods looks a bit tacky (and it's already quite tacky as is :p). That said, it wouldn't be too much work to adjust the buffer to change with Surveying Equipment, though getting the UI to reflect it would be a pain. No promises, but I'll see.
2) Sounds mean and doable. Degrading stats opens up a whole can of worms, though, so I'll need to think about it (more inclined than the previous idea, though).
3) Hmmm, I see a lot of potential in a sort of Wear and Tear d-mod, but the implementation involved means that it'd be a long time coming if ever. Will keep it in mind.

Thanks for the ideas and I hope you're enjoying the mod.

DancingMonkey

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

This is my favorite mod and I wish some features from it would be put into the main game.

Since2

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey first of all thank you for this mod. But i have a question about the Astral variants. The Variants added/changed by your mod only use the large Missile-Slots. Only the Attack Variant has one Tac-Laser and the Missiles. Is that intentional? Or am i missing something?

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile

It looks a bit silly, yes. The Astral's system Recall Device doesn't have a cooldown, so the way to maximize its DPS is to maximize vents so it can use its system as much as possible. Not sure why the Tac Laser is there, probably was for range finding or something?

I suppose that means that a player could run them over, though that's something they can usually do regardless of whether or the Astral has weapons, so I dunno. Everything will be changed up in 0.9.5 anyhow.

Hope you're enjoying the mod.

MagicKarpson

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey, love your mod. I had a quick question about 6.0.
Is is compatible with my save-game that uses 5.3? Can i update it to 6.0 and still be ok?

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile

Hey, love your mod. I had a quick question about 6.0.
Is is compatible with my save-game that uses 5.3? Can i update it to 6.0 and still be ok?
Hiya, glad you're enjoying it. If I recall correctly, it is not save compatible, but to be honest there weren't that many feature updates (it was more about adjusting backend things to work a bit less dumbly), so don't feel bad about not updating for the moment.

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile

Second Wave Options v0.6.1
Save compatible.

Just a bug fix. Don't expect anything substantial until 0.95, I think (and probably nothing substantial then, either, I need to update a bunch of backend stuff eventually :P)

Changelog:
Fixes
-fixed putting a Persean station in Mairaath when Mayasuran Navy was enabled.

WWladCZ

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I play with Derelict Empire and random core worlds and damn... The Domain Exploration Derelict are no pushovers anymore they have patrols full of tough drones (Guardians, Wall Class and more) battling it out with everyone. Cannot wait to see how invasions battles of their worlds play out in this playthrough.

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile

• Doctrine Evolution: Factions will now develop their fleet doctrine as time passes and as their markets grow and stabilize. This means their fleets will be larger, of higher quality, and better lead than before. Be careful of dawdling too much lest you find yourself outnumbered and outgunned beyond your control.
    Give Me The Details
    Faction doctrine is split into 3 qualities:
    1. Officer Quality (and quantity)
    2. Ship Quality (increasing by 0.125% per point by default--vanilla settings)
    3. Ship Quantity (increasing by 25% per point by default--vanilla settings)
    Doctrine Evolution will increase or decrease the values used by AI factions for these qualities through 3 different bonuses:
    1. Flat bonuses (disabled by default)
    2. Time bonuses (default 0.4 per cycle since 206, 1.0 for remnants and other market-less factions)
    3. Market bonuses (based on the size and stability of the markets these factions own, whether it's a hidden market and whether or not they contain military bases or heavy industries).

Summing these bonuses up (they may also be negative), a given faction will have a certain number of points that they will allocate to/remove from the above 3 qualities. The result is that as time passes by and as factions become stronger or weaker in the sector, the size, quality and command of their fleets will change, ultimately leading to a more dynamic, but generally more difficult late game.
    [close]

I've had this mod installed for a long time and never expressed how great this is. This is meant to fix that.

This is really darn neat!

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile

I play with Derelict Empire and random core worlds and damn... The Domain Exploration Derelict are no pushovers anymore they have patrols full of tough drones (Guardians, Wall Class and more) battling it out with everyone. Cannot wait to see how invasions battles of their worlds play out in this playthrough.
Heh, this mod doesn't add the Guardian to the derelicts faction (and I suspect Ruthless Sector range upgrades make a far greater difference in how dangerous they are), but that sounds fun.

• Doctrine Evolution: Factions will now develop their fleet doctrine as time passes and as their markets grow and stabilize. This means their fleets will be larger, of higher quality, and better lead than before. Be careful of dawdling too much lest you find yourself outnumbered and outgunned beyond your control.
    Give Me The Details
    Faction doctrine is split into 3 qualities:
    1. Officer Quality (and quantity)
    2. Ship Quality (increasing by 0.125% per point by default--vanilla settings)
    3. Ship Quantity (increasing by 25% per point by default--vanilla settings)
    Doctrine Evolution will increase or decrease the values used by AI factions for these qualities through 3 different bonuses:
    1. Flat bonuses (disabled by default)
    2. Time bonuses (default 0.4 per cycle since 206, 1.0 for remnants and other market-less factions)
    3. Market bonuses (based on the size and stability of the markets these factions own, whether it's a hidden market and whether or not they contain military bases or heavy industries).

Summing these bonuses up (they may also be negative), a given faction will have a certain number of points that they will allocate to/remove from the above 3 qualities. The result is that as time passes by and as factions become stronger or weaker in the sector, the size, quality and command of their fleets will change, ultimately leading to a more dynamic, but generally more difficult late game.
    [close]

I've had this mod installed for a long time and never expressed how great this is. This is meant to fix that.

This is really darn neat!
Thank you, you're very kind. I'd like to go back and refine this setting some more in the future, though admittedly I'm having something of a crisis of motivation. :p

Glitzer

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Oh my gosh, I just love this mod! I'm a glutton for punishment in this game and this mod has always been right up my alley. I was wondering, can use it for the new update to Starsector right out of the gate? I was trying to find something in the mod that might be problematic without an update, but I wasn't able to find anything.

Also, I had no idea you also did A Guide to (AI-Friendly) Ship Loadouts! I've been reading that over the last couple of days and it has helped me so much! Thank you!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10