Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Luddic Path Cells rework?  (Read 2433 times)

belone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Luddic Path Cells rework?
« on: October 29, 2019, 05:46:42 AM »

I don't know if this is the right board, since this is more of a question, but is there any thoughts on reworking pather cells? Because right now they are little to no threat, for them to even do something your colony would have to be constantly on 1 stability.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Luddic Path Cells rework?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 05:49:48 AM »

Before making them more dangerous, we'd need some solution for Luddic Path problem (and no, keeping threat below 6 by role-playing Luddic Path yourself is not an option). Other than endless whack-a-mole, that is.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 06:11:38 AM »

Next version Pathers will have a better chance of a successful incident (25% at 10 stability)

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 06:37:26 AM »

I mean more that they spawn too much and are more annoying than real threath. make them less often but more dangerous.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 07:37:43 AM »

I probably would not use cores if Pather cells worked, if only to reduce the babysitting required.  My fleet, with burn 20 and Navigation 3, already runs around like a chicken with its head cut off juggling with pirate raids, expeditions, and whatever limited free time I have in the meantime to do whatever I want.  I do not need even more things that I need to kill and add to the babysitting burden.

If I do not use cores, I build my colonies so that interest never exceeds 6.  Without cores, I do need colony skills to get enough worlds and Industrial Planning.

There should be a way to permanently remove the Pather cell threat.  In one game, I prevented Pather cells from appearing at my colonies, and could plant as many alpha-run colonies as I wanted without Pather cells appearing, but I have not figured out exactly how it happened.  I decivilized every world owned by a major faction when that happened.  (No Hegemony, no more inspections.  Removing Hegemony alone did not stop Pather cells from appearing.)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 07:44:33 AM by Megas »

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 09:16:02 AM »

Even 25% at 10 stability is too generous. Planets with shield must be immune to luddic path sabotage - you cant land unnoticed then whole planet is shielded. The idea of some retro ninjas piercing throgh mine fields, cameras, DNA screening and god knows which else it a magic story for true believers. Then all critical personnel is under observation 24/7 any idea of infiltration by outside forces without inside tech knowledge of the operation is nonsense and luddites is hardly tech adepts.
    The most realistic thing luddites can do is to kill some population to create terror and slow planet growth. No way critical facilities will be so easily infiltrated and sabotaged.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 09:19:24 AM by Vind »

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 04:40:37 PM »

Next version Pathers will have a better chance of a successful incident (25% at 10 stability)
If player have military base on some colony, there should be 0% chance of it, because hundreds of marines are guarding it.
Or there should be some hard strict border controls, like free port, which should reduce acessebility, but, also reduce a chanse of incident of such outcasts to 0.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 04:44:17 PM by Sinigr »
"officerMaxLevel":29,
"officerAIMax":36,
"maxOfficersInAIFleet":36
"tier1StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier2StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier3StationOfficerLevel":29,
Try to hunt it! ;)
https://i.imgur.com/gXIAgGy.png

Scorpixel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 07:09:23 AM »

Maybe a "security fundings" slider that would be proportionally costlier towards the maximum allowance/colony size?

As in (for example, not literally and not with those numbers) ten guards can reduce risk by 50%, but twenty wont make your facilities danger-proof.
I know it's basically drifting more and more toward Vicky 2 but hey ^^

And yes military operations should both increase resistance and interest, free port has currently no real reason to not be used outside luddic and hegemony giving the angry eye (get in line with the others that want me dead, as in absolutely everyone) so maybe by making you not exactly want to risk your industrial worlds?

Oh and i forgot, something need to be done about AI worlds, their stability can dive so low that they would be permanently crippled by the pathers.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 07:13:15 AM by Scorpixel »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2019, 07:25:22 AM »

And yes military operations should both increase resistance and interest, free port has currently no real reason to not be used outside luddic and hegemony giving the angry eye (get in line with the others that want me dead, as in absolutely everyone) so maybe by making you not exactly want to risk your industrial worlds?
And yet, they do nothing to the various independent and pirate Free Ports in various core systems - hypocrites!  Once my colonies grow size 7 or 8, it should be easier for them to invade Hybrasil instead of my personal Mordor.

I do not like Free Port because it is mandatory to almost double growth bonuses when colonies become slow to grow around size 5 or 6.  Sure, player gets more income, but maximizing population growth is top priority.  Free Port is as much or more of a no-brainer as abusing alpha core admins.

Turning off Free Port to reduce frequency of expeditions (once my colonies can defend themselves) is not a viable option.  (Population growth becomes too slow.)  I would sooner destroy all core worlds to make them stop, although all that does is unleash the zombie pirate horde of constant -3/-50% activity on my colonies at all times.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2019, 01:16:36 PM »

although all that does is unleash the zombie pirate horde of constant -3/-50% activity on my colonies at all times.
The higher your friendship with them the less impact it has (to the point where it has no impact at a high enough respect level).