Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.96a] Yuri Expedition v.3.0.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 12/27 [YRXP]  (Read 290229 times)

Minitialize

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.2.2.1 || Faction Pack || Patch 06/16 [YRXP]
« Reply #345 on: September 06, 2020, 10:58:12 PM »

I'm not quite sure how the game handles blueprints added mid-game, but I guess there's a chance? I've never personally tested it, however.

Alright so I loaded up the mod midgame, and as it currently stands, I am able to--
1. Load the game without any issues, so it seems save compatible and
2. Certain blueprints I've already held onto (midline ones) has a few ships introduced by this mod. I haven't continued exploring yet so I can't say whether or not do yuri blueprints have any drop chance, will give an update after further testing.

update: so I haven't found any yuri blueprints yet since I haven't explored planets-- however, some vanilla factions are making use of yuri-related ships + occasional shipwrecks that are told by storytellers from the local bar include yuri ships.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 10:59:01 PM by Minitialize »

SaberCherry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 10, 2020, 11:03:32 AM »

When playing Nexerlin with Yuri XP, I noticed that ships with D-mods barely have a purchase price reduction, like roughly 100 credits per D-mod for a 50k ship.  Also, the variety of ships available for purchase was very limited, there's like 15 combat freighters and a handful of frigates.  But almost entirely freighters.  Furthermore, there are 3 missile launchers for sale, 2 fighters, and that's it, no other weapons.  So I couldn't really try it out...

It's funny when a pirate base puts in an urgent request for J-POP CDs, though!

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 12, 2020, 03:54:11 PM »

When playing Nexerlin with Yuri XP, I noticed that ships with D-mods barely have a purchase price reduction, like roughly 100 credits per D-mod for a 50k ship.  Also, the variety of ships available for purchase was very limited, there's like 15 combat freighters and a handful of frigates.  But almost entirely freighters.  Furthermore, there are 3 missile launchers for sale, 2 fighters, and that's it, no other weapons.  So I couldn't really try it out...

With current job market, pirates need every dopamine they can get, can't blame them.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 13, 2020, 08:07:33 PM »

Alright so I loaded up the mod midgame, and as it currently stands, I am able to--
1. Load the game without any issues, so it seems save compatible and
2. Certain blueprints I've already held onto (midline ones) has a few ships introduced by this mod. I haven't continued exploring yet so I can't say whether or not do yuri blueprints have any drop chance, will give an update after further testing.

update: so I haven't found any yuri blueprints yet since I haven't explored planets-- however, some vanilla factions are making use of yuri-related ships + occasional shipwrecks that are told by storytellers from the local bar include yuri ships.
Oh, that's interesting to hear! In that case, it's quite likely that the blueprints themselves could also be generated randomly. Note however that there are two blueprints for the full YRXP catalogue, and one is markedly rarer than the other. Though I suppose there is no other way but to put your faith in the RNG.

The D-mods and their effects are handled by the Starsector engine and I have made no (conscious) input on how they work with YRXP. The same goes with the spawning of ships, though I guessed some time ago that they might have been tied to a planet's size and output of ship hulls. In which case with some patience, you might find your luck, because in the recent versions of YRXP, I added an event that fires, I think a year or so into a game, which upgrades the Yuri home system pretty much across the board. If my guess was right, it should help with spawning the higher-level ships, weapons and mods at greater frequency.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 14, 2020, 01:52:16 AM »

Can anyone tell me how to beat a full stack of Caparice?

I can even approach them due to the sheer amount of missiles and other stuff they throw from across the field

ZeCaptain

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 14, 2020, 01:26:11 PM »

1. Lots of PD with no travel time like burst PD,
2. lots of PD AI hullmod
3. Most yuri ships take extra damage from frag
4. Ablative interceptor and fighters
5. If you have Nex, send an invasion fleet in front and wait for them to kill everyone, don't get involved.
6. Depending on your mods, get weapons like the kladeoscope that have no concept of turn speed and can shoot 5 things at once, or other similar weapons.
7. Royal Azalea has prism weapons, the smalls and mediums are really really good PD.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 01:50:24 AM by ZeCaptain »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 15, 2020, 01:00:18 AM »

Yuri ships don't stack up well against high-tech fleets, especially shield-tanking Paragons. Just... don't send one in alone or it'll get swarmed. High-intensity lasers will be very useful.

Also to expand on the post above, in general, during battles, Yuri > Aria > Royal Azalea > Yuri. Or, at least, that's was the general rule I was going for when designing the latter factions' rosters.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 15, 2020, 08:14:30 AM »

I only have low tech ships :(. It is impossible to beat them. They spam those long range missiles non stop from all sides so if you don't have full shield cover you're screwed :/

Edit: There is an issue when Caparice ships retreat the leave their drones scattered all over the map, the battle can't end until all drones are destroyed. Is it possible to make the drone auto destruct when their parent ship leaves the map?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 09:42:30 AM by Warnoise »

Minitialize

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 16, 2020, 06:16:30 PM »

Found an issue where if you enter a certain, uninhabited system with the hullmod interstellar mall the game crashes. Easily managed to bypass this by removing the given hullmod, just letting you know incase you'd prefer to have it fixed.

DeTess

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 18, 2020, 01:36:41 PM »

Heya! I've just recently started a run with this mod, and so far its been fun. However, I'm having a bit of an issue with the void warfare doctrine mod. It says that it'll double the amount of missile ammo if you've got the commissioned crew mod installed and only use the mod's missiles on the ship but this doesn't seem to activate for me? Are there any other conditions that need to be met?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 01:50:39 PM by DeTess »

immortalartisan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 19, 2020, 11:34:00 PM »

on one hand its anime

on the other hand my god those fighters i managed to take out a station marked at 5 hazard to my fleet with two moon rabbits.
this has convinced me to do a yuri based fleet now

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 23, 2020, 09:20:12 AM »

Since i have fallen into the Hololive Hole, this mod has become one of my favorites as of late.

I wish someone made a Hololive Portraits Pack, or the portraits of Hololive are added to this mod, it would make a lot of sense.

Amazigh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 23, 2020, 11:44:50 AM »

Been really liking the mod, one thing that feels kinda off, is the sprite for the Last Smile ICBM (pretty much my favorite weapon i've got my hands on) and checking the files i can see that it's basically just the aurora missile but scaled up to twice the size.
The only other thing i'd like to see in the mod is some sort of medium and/or large kinetic missile pod, I do get that you might have not added such a weapon for balance reasons, but it could be a nice addition.

I'm having a bit of an issue with the void warfare doctrine mod. It says that it'll double the amount of missile ammo if you've got the commissioned crew mod installed and only use the mod's missiles on the ship but this doesn't seem to activate for me? Are there any other conditions that need to be met?

I don't have commissioned crews installed (so i just have the core-mod version of the missile rack hullmod) but: I've found that the hullmod sometimes stops giving the bonus missile ammo if *any* non-yuri weapon is mounted on the ship, not just missiles. Which might be a bug?

DeTess

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 24, 2020, 12:20:18 PM »

I don't have commissioned crews installed (so i just have the core-mod version of the missile rack hullmod) but: I've found that the hullmod sometimes stops giving the bonus missile ammo if *any* non-yuri weapon is mounted on the ship, not just missiles. Which might be a bug?

I'm fairly certain that's not it. Whenever I do a playthrough I tend to focus on the content form one faction mod, so I wasn't using any non-Yuri weapons at all, and I'm fairly certain it doesn't care about ship-mods, right?

Overall, I'm really enjoying the mod. I'm stil not entirely certain if its ridiculously OP or just differently balanced. There was a period in my playthrough where my fairly light fleet would cut through enemy fleets like a hot knife through butter, but that might just have been an artifact of the long-range and missile focus allowing for very effective focus-fire in the same way carrier-spam works, and by now I've found challenges that will do something similar to me, cutting through my fleet in fairly little time, with my  fleet only knocking out a couple of light frigates.

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 29, 2020, 08:30:41 AM »

yrxp_engineering.java is spamming the log file at line 78, the weapon checks. Recommend commenting out info logging before releasing.

I've attached an user's log (not mine) as an example.

Code: java
        		log.info("Check weapon name: " + stats.getVariant().getWeaponSpec(slot).getWeaponName());

spec = stats.getVariant().getWeaponSpec(slot);
        checkForManufacturers = false;
        for(String manufacturer: YRXPModPlugin.APPROVED_MANUFACTURERS) {
    log.info("Check manifacturers for " + spec.getWeaponName() + "::" + spec.getManufacturer() +" vs " + manufacturer);
if(spec.getManufacturer().compareToIgnoreCase(manufacturer) == 0) {
// log.info("Setting ammo from " + Math.round(weapon.getAmmo()) + " to " + Math.round(weapon.getAmmo() * YRXPModPlugin.YRXP_MISSILE_AMMO_MULT));
log.info("found approved manufacturer");
// weapon.setMaxAmmo(Math.round(weapon.getAmmo() * YRXPModPlugin.YRXP_MISSILE_AMMO_MULT));
checkForManufacturers = true;
break;
}
}

if(!checkForManufacturers) {
    hasFoundUnstandardWeapon = true;
    log.info("Found substandard weapon: " + spec.getWeaponName() + "::" + spec.getManufacturer());
    }

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 39