Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.96a] Yuri Expedition v.3.0.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 12/27 [YRXP]  (Read 290272 times)

NightmareXFA27

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.2.1.2 || Faction Pack || Minor patch 02/20 [YRXP]
« Reply #255 on: February 23, 2020, 03:48:28 AM »

im having trouble downloading YRXP and YREX due to my annoying security problem, so im asking if you can upload these two mods to an alternate upload site please.

Pandora

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.2.1.2 || Faction Pack || Minor patch 02/20 [YRXP]
« Reply #256 on: February 23, 2020, 06:39:32 AM »

What do you mean by security problems? Does your browser not allow downloads from bitchute?

NightmareXFA27

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 23, 2020, 06:58:37 AM »

What do you mean by security problems? Does your browser not allow downloads from bitchute?
For whatever reason (starting today) I cant connect to bitchute apparently it uses outdated or unsafe tls security settings,
I do however have a older version of yrxp but I cant update it because of this, and I haven't found any ways to get around this... yet.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 23, 2020, 03:02:51 PM »

im having trouble downloading YRXP and YREX due to my annoying security problem, so im asking if you can upload these two mods to an alternate upload site please.
Here you go, I hope Nexusmods works for you:

< ... link removed ... >

I just piggybacked off Aria's mod page since I don't really want to make one for YRXP yet. Just scroll down to the optional files and you should see both mods on there!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 09:34:12 AM by Thaago »

GigaVivian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 24, 2020, 08:14:56 PM »

Have a bit of an issue/question. Tried to "fix" my new Raven ship's inherently poor shields, by straight up removing them with Ships & Weapons' Shield bypass. But it does not let me add it, as shown in this image: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/353869735374356491/681712247398990065/unknown.png

Was this intentional since it circumvents the ship's Weakness? If not, any idea what could be stopping it, when (seemingly) other shield mods can be applied? Lastly is there a simple way I can fix this myself (if not reasonably intentional) and cannibalize the bad shields with Shield Bypass?

Pandora

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 24, 2020, 09:42:49 PM »

you will have to mess with the CSV files on the YRXP mod for you to change that little requirement. I did this to stop that horrid debuff with any missile not Yuri made.

GigaVivian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 24, 2020, 10:29:23 PM »

you will have to mess with the CSV files on the YRXP mod for you to change that little requirement. I did this to stop that horrid debuff with any missile not Yuri made.

Forgive me but, mess with what exactly? I'm looking in the hull_mods.csv, and I have no idea what does what in here. Other than the OP costs per ship size being self-explanatory (I think DX). Just want to know what exactly I would need to do to be able to use Shield Bypass over Imported Shield.

Pandora

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 25, 2020, 05:14:44 AM »

Sorry, I meant to say the .java files. Just open them up with a notepad++ or equivalent and find the name of the module you want to change.

They should be right next to the folder with the csv files, so I got turned around.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 25, 2020, 05:17:35 AM »

Have a bit of an issue/question. Tried to "fix" my new Raven ship's inherently poor shields, by straight up removing them with Ships & Weapons' Shield bypass. But it does not let me add it, as shown in this image: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/353869735374356491/681712247398990065/unknown.png

Was this intentional since it circumvents the ship's Weakness? If not, any idea what could be stopping it, when (seemingly) other shield mods can be applied? Lastly is there a simple way I can fix this myself (if not reasonably intentional) and cannibalize the bad shields with Shield Bypass?
Perhaps this is because Shield Bypass requires the ship have a shield first before it's mounted (internally, the ship doesn't have one, the 1.4 efficiency shield is added via mod - maybe this is how the mod resolves this). If you wish to mod the ship yourself, you can go into the yrex_aegis_cruiser_raven.ship file and remove the "yrxp_ImportedShieldGenerator", line off its hullmods.

That should give you a ship with no shields, but one on which you can mount the Makeshift Shield generator and even Hardened Shields after that.

GigaVivian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 25, 2020, 06:42:10 PM »

Awl was hoping to somehow force the Hullmods to work together and get the Shield Bypass bonus of 50% more Flux Dissipation. Which is a bit underwhelming but better than having a bad shield that the (Officer) AI will overload themselves with. But I'll take removing the Hullmod as that will help the enemy AI not do the same. Personally like the Prospect of high risk, and (sometimes) High armor, no shield ships instead of crappy shield ships prone to overloading. Thanks to both you and Pandora for the help.

Garafetdin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 28, 2020, 05:00:26 PM »

First of all, great mod overall, special thank you for the latest nerf of Koppepans (before the nerf, invasion fleet chains were unbearable, now you can at least try to seek and destroy them). Since Last Smile missiles are a relatively recent addition, I'd like to ask wether the fact that they are always equipped on battle stations is your deliberate design choice or is it just the way the game handles battle stations and blueprints? I am saying this because repeatable missile autoforge breaks them. I legitemitely have no clue how to beat them without forcing Nexerelins autoresolve for invasion fleets (Maybe 5 paragons can do it, because of fortress shield, but even then, I'm not sure if that will work). If it's by design, then how do you envision a strategy that wins this battle? And if not, then maybe increasing the refire delay would solve the balance issue?
Then again, maybe the only thing that has to be done by someone in this situation is that I have to git gud, idk.

KoolAidWizard

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Past couple days I have been getting an error with version checker for Yuri and Nijigen, thought I would bring it to your attention.  Screen cap attached.  Cheers!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Space Dynamics

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Just wanted to say I love the ships in this mod. I find the OE-360 Whispering Grass pretty intimidating with the lightning randomly lashing out of it. Cool!

DrHermelin

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I've noticed that my main colony somehow gains additional defense from "Yuri Quarter", even though I've never built anything like it.
Feels like a weird bug to me.

[attachment deleted by admin]

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Hmm, how strange... well, to be honest, the new industries have gotten a plethora of bug reports, and I'm really sorry about that! Unfortunately, I'm not currently working on the mod, but rest assured that I will take a good look at them when the time comes!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39