Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.96a] Yuri Expedition v.3.0.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 12/27 [YRXP]  (Read 290190 times)

Khoi128

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.1.8.1 || Faction Pack || Patch 12/25 [YRXP]
« Reply #165 on: December 25, 2019, 03:18:37 PM »

Woah. :o

Is it a hiccup or can you reproduce it consistently? No idea how that happened, but if it's the former, and since it seems to have been resolved without much problem, I'd like to shelf it!

It just seems to be a hiccup I randomly came across while messing around with the Mythril Cloak, I don't think it'll end up being a huge deal since it seems to be based around the refire/cooldown indicator, which is fixed once you activate Shed Cloak again.

Hmm... can I assume that this is during an ongoing campaign? I'm... not really sure what happened with the Mythril Cloak - I've seen it happen when I mess around with ship modules; but existing ships get assigned random modules for some reason? I don't really know why that happens, but it happens even in the Mission refit screen, so I assume it can happen in campaign. While I can fix my problems with simply resetting the mission, I'm afraid that for an ongoing campaign, you only recourse might be to buy a new Mythril Cloak, and one with the correct modules, in case the ones in the shops, too, can get scrambled this way.

Actually this is from the YRXP test mission, I don't have a Mythril Cloak B in the campaign to test unfortunately, though the one I own (with the shield generator) in the campaign is fine, as is the shield generator one in the tester. It just seems to be this version with the built-in weapon that's bugged.

On another note, someone from the Starsector discord pointed out that the new Angel Rose HVB isn't showing up on the intel screen, but they stumbled into the actual HVB randomly in a system. I can't really confirm this since I don't have Vayra's Sector, I'm just the messenger.
Edit: The user said they updated to 1.8.1 which fixed the HVB not being there!

I redownloaded the 1.81 patch but the Sparkler bug still seems to be there, as is the 0 flux/sec display bug in the refit screen.
https://gyazo.com/c680778c575422b510c0fb072004acb0

Are you positive that the bitbucket download was updated? Was the new patch uploaded somewhere else by accident?  :D
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 03:58:53 PM by Khoi128 »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 25, 2019, 07:45:11 PM »

I redownloaded the 1.81 patch but the Sparkler bug still seems to be there, as is the 0 flux/sec display bug in the refit screen.
https://gyazo.com/c680778c575422b510c0fb072004acb0

Are you positive that the bitbucket download was updated? Was the new patch uploaded somewhere else by accident?  :D
Hm... I'll try incrementing a version. Now there's no way this can be an upload mistake. If it's still there now, then something's going on elsewhere - I've been playing a campaign and sparklers are my main weapon.

- Download 1.8.2 Here -

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 26, 2019, 07:47:37 PM »

So, it appears the alpha core has no primary effect when installed into the Privateer Haven, screenshots in album below.

https://imgur.com/a/blgZx7a

EDIT: I uh, think I found the problem

Code
/**
* Alpha Core Bonus
*/

public static final float ALPHA_CORE_BONUS = 1.0f;
public static final float ALPHA_STAB_PENALTY = 1f;
// private static final float ALPHA_CORE_INCOME_BONUS = 100f;

It looks like the bonus is commented out but still showing on the tooltips
And uncommenting this does not fix anything. I have no idea how your code works.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 11:24:04 PM by Fantastic Chimni »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 27, 2019, 12:29:37 AM »

So, it appears the alpha core has no primary effect when installed into the Privateer Haven, screenshots in album below.

https://imgur.com/a/blgZx7a

EDIT: I uh, think I found the problem

Code
/**
* Alpha Core Bonus
*/

public static final float ALPHA_CORE_BONUS = 1.0f;
public static final float ALPHA_STAB_PENALTY = 1f;
// private static final float ALPHA_CORE_INCOME_BONUS = 100f;

It looks like the bonus is commented out but still showing on the tooltips
And uncommenting this does not fix anything. I have no idea how your code works.
Thanks for the report! I'll investigate this a bit more since at a glance the code should work - the primary bonus being this line:

Code
getIncome().modifyPercent(getModId(1), ALPHA_CORE_BONUS*100, "Alpha core (" + getNameForModifier() + ")");
And it uses the uncommented ALPHA_CORE_BONUS...

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 27, 2019, 02:25:10 AM »

When I uncommented the ALPHA_CORE_BONUS line it set the market income modifier from whatever it was (1.1) to 1.0. Installing an alpha core on the haven with that code un-commented is reducing income the haven provides

https://imgur.com/jUuWee9.png

to

https://i.imgur.com/zN3pLWz.png

Does it set the income modifier to the alpha core bonus instead of adding it to it?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 02:28:37 AM by Fantastic Chimni »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 27, 2019, 03:09:04 AM »

When I uncommented the ALPHA_CORE_BONUS line it set the market income modifier from whatever it was (1.1) to 1.0. Installing an alpha core on the haven with that code un-commented is reducing income the haven provides

https://imgur.com/jUuWee9.png

to

https://i.imgur.com/zN3pLWz.png

Does it set the income modifier to the alpha core bonus instead of adding it to it?
Hmm... no, it should just be adding +100% to the income, as stated. However, it seems to even be messing with the normal market income modifier. Perhaps the getIncome() function may be bugged. I think I will just change it to a different one.

Rafs

• Ensign
  • Metafalica is love, Metafalica is life.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.1.8.2 || Faction Pack || Patch 12/26 [YRXP]
« Reply #171 on: December 29, 2019, 06:10:02 AM »

When I read "Yuri" I was expecting an entirely different kind of mod, still a pleasant surprise, I il be sure to try it on my next playtrough.

Concerning the reskins, would it not be possible to make them 0 cost mods that just change aesthetics? Like how Imperium packages modify the looks of the craft slightly.

All in all looks like a great mod, looking forward to more, keep up the good work.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 29, 2019, 06:41:32 AM »

This ship pack is perfect for player-ship and swarm fleet, but still i hope there is some ship that designed for AI like Onslought, Paragon, Astral, or even better mega-ship like Cathedral-Hubship from Ship and Weapon pack.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 29, 2019, 02:09:43 PM »

When I read "Yuri" I was expecting an entirely different kind of mod, still a pleasant surprise, I il be sure to try it on my next playtrough.

Concerning the reskins, would it not be possible to make them 0 cost mods that just change aesthetics? Like how Imperium packages modify the looks of the craft slightly.

All in all looks like a great mod, looking forward to more, keep up the good work.
Thank you very much!

Unfortunately, skins as mods will not be possible because none of the existing skins are just aesthetic changes. They also come with different loadouts, stats and modules, and even built-in weapons.

This ship pack is perfect for player-ship and swarm fleet, but still i hope there is some ship that designed for AI like Onslought, Paragon, Astral, or even better mega-ship like Cathedral-Hubship from Ship and Weapon pack.
I find that the AI performs satisfactorily with most ships, in particular the fast, small ships like the Snowstorm and Morning Drop, as well as the more 'conventional' (i.e. shielded) ships like the Guardian and Mythril Cloak.

miles341

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 29, 2019, 04:23:11 PM »

Apparently you can't build several of these ships in the custom production tab. I ask for it to build, but it just takes the money from my account, gives me supplies, fuel, and crew, but it never actually gives me the ship, and it stays in the request list forever. IIRC it may have something to do with having no actual pre-designed variant available.

If it helps, the ones it's happening with was one of the mythril cloak mods (The one with the front autocannon I think) and the two lotus flower versions. There might be more, those were just the ones I noticed.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 29, 2019, 06:07:29 PM »

Apparently you can't build several of these ships in the custom production tab. I ask for it to build, but it just takes the money from my account, gives me supplies, fuel, and crew, but it never actually gives me the ship, and it stays in the request list forever. IIRC it may have something to do with having no actual pre-designed variant available.

If it helps, the ones it's happening with was one of the mythril cloak mods (The one with the front autocannon I think) and the two lotus flower versions. There might be more, those were just the ones I noticed.
Thank you for the report! You're right, I neglected to add them to default_ship_roles.  Sorry about that! Here's a quick fix, since there are a few things already in the pipeline in the main mod file!

Download hotfix here

miles341

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 29, 2019, 07:00:19 PM »

Thank you for the report! You're right, I neglected to add them to default_ship_roles.  Sorry about that! Here's a quick fix, since there are a few things already in the pipeline in the main mod file!

Download hotfix here
Thank you!

Oblivion

• Ensign
  • Breaking careful game balance since 1999.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 31, 2019, 08:22:29 AM »

Gotta say, I really love this mod. There's just something glorious in flying around in pink ships while blowing everything up.

Also are there any plans for more mod ships?
a mod aether shawl perhaps?
<Nada>

Null Ganymede

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 01, 2020, 01:56:03 AM »

So what's the balance strategy here? I haven't done a pure playthrough, but some of the fighters/missiles that drop feel overtuned when stuck on cheap pirate ships.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 01, 2020, 02:29:33 AM »

Gotta say, I really love this mod. There's just something glorious in flying around in pink ships while blowing everything up.

Also are there any plans for more mod ships?
a mod aether shawl perhaps?
Thank you very much! And yup, if there are any new ships coming up, they will be new skins for existing ships!

So what's the balance strategy here? I haven't done a pure playthrough, but some of the fighters/missiles that drop feel overtuned when stuck on cheap pirate ships.
Going forward, the mod will be going into a 'shrinking' phase. I've added pretty much everything I want to add and now it's time to trim the fat, concentrate the ships and weapons around the Yuri's void warfare doctrine. For example, the Enma Cannon Battery is going away soon (sort of) because despite being a large weapon, it is does not have the 'Artillery' feel, which is what the entire range should be.

I would also appreciate your input on this subject. For instance, I'd love to hear what those
fighters/missiles that drop feel overtuned when stuck on cheap pirate ships.
are. I have my own style of gameplay and I've designed everything around the different niches I wanted to fill in my fleet, so I'd like to hear how other players do it - how you outfit your ships, with what, how you fight, against what opponents, etc.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39