Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.96a] Yuri Expedition v.3.0.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 12/27 [YRXP]  (Read 290251 times)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.1.7.0 || Faction Pack || Early Update 12/10 [YRXP]
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2019, 04:56:11 PM »

Early Update 1.7.0
Yuri Mechanized
DOWNLOAD

First off, sorry! I didn't realize some WIP stuff got tangled in with the Patch 1.6.2 release. But since it's already out there, I've decided to clean up everything I've got and make an early release.

I. New Features

- Mechanized Infantry are individual soldiers in armored exoskeletons. They form a separate, complementary branch (the ground force) to the fighters and bombers in they they are slow and individually have little firepower. They, however, make up for it in toughness, a small hitbox and in numbers, provided you're deploying them from a ship with a Mechanized Infantry Bay - a particularly expensive hullmod that can, theoretically, be fitted on any ship, provided you acquire it. It, however, does not add hangars on its own.

These are the current mech infantry available:

1st Mechanized Division
"Lazy Lilies"
2nd Mechanized Division
"Sweety Candy"

AT Platoon
INF Platoon

Sniper Team
- At the moment, the system is that wing sizes are tiny without the hullmod, but come the next release of Starsector, Alex will apparently add a new functionality in the code base that will allow changing OP costs for LPCs (and weapons), and I will control the use of Mech Infantry, as well as the effect of the Mech Bay, using that.

II. New Ships and Fighters

- As promised, the Full-Armor Valkyrie is here! It comes in wings of 2 and is absolutely brimming with weapons. There will not be any more fighters that exceed them in individual perfomance.

- Two new ships capitalizing on and contextualizing the doctrinal use of the Mechanized Infantry:

[Assault Dropship] AE-613 Starflower
by Axlemc131  (recolored)
Features the Deep Strike Doctrine hullmod.
Mostly for flavor, it's just a Ground Support Package that gives 175 bonus.
I wish I could make it more interesting, but ground assaults are pretty barebones, in general. Oh well.

[Orbital Mothership] AE-718 Moon Rabbit
by xenoargh  (recolored)
Features the Vertical Envelopment Doctrine hullmod.
Also for flavor, it's just a Ground Support Package that gives 300 bonus.

Here is a demo of the Moon Rabbit and its Mech Infantry divisions:

III. Balance and Other Changes

- All Yuri fighters have been given the Yuri Void Warfare Doctrine hullmod, which now makes them retreat when their armor is punctured. This goes hand-in-hand to the lore-wise focus of the faction to reducing crew losses, as well as a balancing aspect so their rather powerful fighters won't stay on ships for very long.
- Another change made to all fighters is that all missiles they equip no longer reload. I think it's more realistic and now that Yuri fighters will RTB more often, they can also rearm that way. Win-win!

IV. Coming Next

- The Moon Rabbit is actually one of the first ships I was working on for the new drone systems I want to implement, and that's why it has that system. The next update will likely feature more of those, including the rework to the asteroid haulers I promised!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 07:41:52 PM by creature »

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.1.7.0 || Faction Pack || Early Update 12/10 [YRXP]
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2019, 05:15:00 PM »

Love the surprise update. At first glance, the AT Platoon is anti-ship/armor, Snipers are long-range kinetic, and INF are interceptors?

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.1.7.0 || Faction Pack || Early Update 12/10 [YRXP]
« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2019, 06:05:47 PM »

Love the surprise update. At first glance, the AT Platoon is anti-ship/armor, Snipers are long-range kinetic, and INF are interceptors?
Right on two counts! INF are actually set as fighters so they move alongside the AT, and their MGs do some small kinetic damage. There probably won't be any interceptors in this line, maybe just some new infantry with stingers as anti-fighters or something. That's more of a fighter thing, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 06:27:08 PM by creature »

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2019, 07:02:03 PM »

Sweet, thanks! Time to figure out my loadout wing ratios.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2019, 07:19:37 PM »

Oh and regarding this:
(quick suggestion: the Mythril Cloak kind of underperforms if equipped with guns due to low gun uptime; how about an "accelerated ammo feeder" effect for when the armor is open?)
I'll observe it for a bit more for now. Unlike the burst missiles, guns can actually get more than 1 cycle out before the armor closes; moreso for the automatic weapons. An increase in ROF on top of that (which will, by the way, have to affect all ballistic weapons on the ship, if I recall the api correctly) might be a bit much on what is intended to be a 'tanking' ship.

Khoi128

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2019, 11:59:50 PM »

Hello! I've been enjoying the mod so far, but I've noticed some things while messing around with the new Mechs. First, is that the Mechanized Infantry Bay hullmod is a little vague in its description. It says it greatly increases the size of all Mech Infantry and Mech Support squads, but could we get any specific numbers like how much they're increased by, just to be more clear?

I've noticed that the extra mechs from the hullmod doesn't lower replacement rate when they get destroyed and need to be replaced, is that intentional? It only lowers once the extra mechs are destroyed and you start losing ones in the original sized wing. You'll see me demonstrate what I mean in the video I'll link below.

I ran into a bug where a carrier with Mechanized Infantry Bay doesn't actually run out of replacement rate when they hit 0% CR. I tested a Condor with one of the Mechs and a Talon wing at 0 CR, and both continued to respawn from the hangar at 0 CR. Once I killed off an entire wing, it disappears from the carrier HUD but continued to respawn.

https://youtu.be/ys25Cwbr5T4

And finally, I know it was mentioned that Yuri fighters now retreat once their armor is punctured and fighter missiles now no longer reload, but Valkyries now act more like bombers, they'll release all their missiles and then immediately return to the carrier instead of engaging targets until their armor is gone. They feel more like bombers now instead of normal fighters. Maybe adjust their role to a bomber or let them engage targets/fighters a little bit longer before they retreat.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2019, 02:05:31 AM »

Hello! I've been enjoying the mod so far, but I've noticed some things while messing around with the new Mechs.
Thank you very much for the detailed feedback! I will go through them one by one below.

First, is that the Mechanized Infantry Bay hullmod is a little vague in its description. It says it greatly increases the size of all Mech Infantry and Mech Support squads, but could we get any specific numbers like how much they're increased by, just to be more clear?
The numbers are specific to the wing. For example, the INF goes from 2 -> 5, AT 1 -> 3 and Sniper 1 -> 2. I'm also unsure about writing all these down on the tooltip because am planning to add a bunch more and that might make the tooltip a bit too big eventually. Thus, I supposed a general description of what it does sufficed. I suppose the question in my head now is,  and not just for you, but also for other users - 'would you prefer a long block of text outlining the numbers, or can we go with the general descriptor?'

I've noticed that the extra mechs from the hullmod doesn't lower replacement rate when they get destroyed and need to be replaced, is that intentional? It only lowers once the extra mechs are destroyed and you start losing ones in the original sized wing. You'll see me demonstrate what I mean in the video I'll link below.
Hmm... this seems to be a side-effect of using the effects of the Reserve Deployment shipsystem script to make the hullmod work... Unfortunately, I have no other idea how to limit the usage of the wings apart from this, at least until the next SS release comes around. Maybe I could just add a supplemental malus to the hullmod, to balance the effects of this bug.

I ran into a bug where a carrier with Mechanized Infantry Bay doesn't actually run out of replacement rate when they hit 0% CR. I tested a Condor with one of the Mechs and a Talon wing at 0 CR, and both continued to respawn from the hangar at 0 CR. Once I killed off an entire wing, it disappears from the carrier HUD but continued to respawn.
Thanks for pointing this out! I didn't know the extra fighters thing persists past 0 CR. I've now applied a fix for this in my version!

And finally, I know it was mentioned that Yuri fighters now retreat once their armor is punctured and fighter missiles now no longer reload, but Valkyries now act more like bombers, they'll release all their missiles and then immediately return to the carrier instead of engaging targets until their armor is gone. They feel more like bombers now instead of normal fighters. Maybe adjust their role to a bomber or let them engage targets/fighters a little bit longer before they retreat.
I've actually noticed this behavior a few times too, but I think it has more to do with the fact that the fighters were given limited ammo. Iirc, all vanilla FIGHTER fighters all have either unlimited ammo or reloading missiles, so this behavior must have been quite rare. And based from some testing I think they only do it while in regroup stance? When I set them to engage, they still do rings around ships as usual. In any case, I think it's quite a clever, if unexpected, AI behavior. Why not RTB when you've spent your limited missile bank and you're just hanging around?

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2019, 08:16:51 AM »

You can maybe add tooltips to each LPC on how the hullmod affects it, whatever works best.

I'm also getting a crash to desktop when I try to use the Mythril's shipsystem to open up the armor. I'll also test it out more later.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 01:23:38 PM by Starareo »

Khoi128

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2019, 02:34:39 PM »

Thank you very much for the detailed feedback! I will go through them one by one below.

No problem! Thanks for the timely reply!

The numbers are specific to the wing. For example, the INF goes from 2 -> 5, AT 1 -> 3 and Sniper 1 -> 2. I'm also unsure about writing all these down on the tooltip because am planning to add a bunch more and that might make the tooltip a bit too big eventually. Thus, I supposed a general description of what it does sufficed. I suppose the question in my head now is,  and not just for you, but also for other users - 'would you prefer a long block of text outlining the numbers, or can we go with the general descriptor?'

Yeah I suppose that's kind of tricky... as Starareo suggested, I think adding a tooltip on individual LPCs would be a better option, and leaving the hullmod's description as general. We avoid the wall of text while making sure players still know what it does for each LPC.

Hmm... this seems to be a side-effect of using the effects of the Reserve Deployment shipsystem script to make the hullmod work... Unfortunately, I have no other idea how to limit the usage of the wings apart from this, at least until the next SS release comes around. Maybe I could just add a supplemental malus to the hullmod, to balance the effects of this bug.

Yeah I think some sort of downside to the hullmod other than just being really OP expensive would be a good idea. The problem with balancing with only OP is if something is good enough, then the OP cost is more of an inconvenience than an actual deterrent. Maybe the added bays could cost more to maintain, or make it take longer to refit extra mechs, something along those lines.

I've actually noticed this behavior a few times too, but I think it has more to do with the fact that the fighters were given limited ammo. Iirc, all vanilla FIGHTER fighters all have either unlimited ammo or reloading missiles, so this behavior must have been quite rare. And based from some testing I think they only do it while in regroup stance? When I set them to engage, they still do rings around ships as usual. In any case, I think it's quite a clever, if unexpected, AI behavior. Why not RTB when you've spent your limited missile bank and you're just hanging around?

Oh, I didn't actually catch that. I had them on regroup stance during my testing and didn't actually try setting them to engage. :P
That said, yeah I do think it's pretty interesting as an AI behavior, though weird how it'll occur on regroup stance only. The missiles tend to have a pretty large engagement range, so if you're trying to regroup them to rebuild replacement rate, they'll fire off missiles and immediately try to rearm after being sent out, lowering it back down again. But good to know!

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2019, 02:59:07 PM »

Ever since the update that added the Aether Shawl, I've been getting a variety of crashes that seem related to it.

Examples of when I've had crashes:
-Opening the fleet screen at a port, when my fleet consisted of 1 Aether Shawl and 2 Mudskippers (vanilla).
-Opening the Colony patrol composition screen after I had the blueprint package that included Aether Shawl
-Clicking on the production notification icon in a production event for building an Aether Shawl. (this was before the patch that made the wing's weapons built-in, so may be fixed)
-Clicking 'Autofit' and selecting a custom fit on an Aether Shawl cruiser. (I can keep reproducing this one right now)

Here's the crash log for the last one listed:
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.OO0O.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.OO0O.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.OO0O.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.auto.o0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oOO0.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.auto.super.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o0Oo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.I.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.auto.oOoO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0oO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Objectsuper.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2019, 11:05:21 AM »

With 1.7.0 installed/enabled, I get a fuckton of starsector.log spam when using YXRP's fighter wings, to the tune of:

Code
6237452 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_commission_safety  - FOUND FIGHTER!
6237452 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_commission_safety  - FOUND FIGHTER!
6237468 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_commission_safety  - FOUND FIGHTER!
6237469 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_commission_safety  - FOUND FIGHTER!
6237469 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_commission_safety  - FOUND FIGHTER!
6237485 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_commission_safety  - FOUND FIGHTER!
6237485 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_commission_safety  - FOUND FIGHTER!
6237502 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_commission_safety  - FOUND FIGHTER!
Multiply the above by, oh: a couple thousand times (so that it fills up not only starsector.log, but actually creates duplicate log(s) once they reaches ~50 MB or so).

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2019, 12:02:38 PM »

This is the error I think I am getting whenever I use the Mythril Cloak's ship system to open the armor. Causes a crash to desktop.

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.everyframe.yrxp_AegisArmorEffectCloak.resetAllWeaponFacings(yrxp_AegisArmorEffectCloak.java:655)
   at data.scripts.everyframe.yrxp_AegisArmorEffectCloak.advance(yrxp_AegisArmorEffectCloak.java:513)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.J.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoO.advanceLinked(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Also, the Scissors don't actually track do they? The 'Good' tracking appears to refer to their flight pattern?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 12:30:26 PM by Starareo »

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2019, 12:52:15 PM »

When the player is not flying an Aether Shawl but has one deployed as an ally in combat, the player gets the buff/notification icon for the Aether Shawl's retracted state on screen with their ship effects. So basically- it's showing up on your stuff when you're not flying it.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2019, 04:24:10 PM »

Thank you all very much for the error logs! I believe I've fixed the reported errors surrounding both the Mythril Cloak and Aether Shawl. Please expect a patch shortly!

Some details below:

Yeah I suppose that's kind of tricky... as Starareo suggested, I think adding a tooltip on individual LPCs would be a better option, and leaving the hullmod's description as general. We avoid the wall of text while making sure players still know what it does for each LPC.
Taken! I've added that info into their descriptions!

Yeah I think some sort of downside to the hullmod other than just being really OP expensive would be a good idea. The problem with balancing with only OP is if something is good enough, then the OP cost is more of an inconvenience than an actual deterrent. Maybe the added bays could cost more to maintain, or make it take longer to refit extra mechs, something along those lines.
I've added a side-effect that I neglected to, in increasing the crew needed when mounting it, but apart from that, I've also (as a temporary solution to the unfixable bug) added an increase to monthly supply cost and supplies to recover cost (20%) when mounting it.

One more thing I did, was reduce most Mech Infantry ranges to ~1000, i.e. they can't wander too far from their mothership as a class-wide rule, but Mech Bay alleviates this slightly by adding 500 range. Now it has a bit of its own flavor! Oh, and yes, it also affects all other fighters, but given most fighters boast ranges of 4000 up, +500 isn't really going to do much.

Oh, I didn't actually catch that. I had them on regroup stance during my testing and didn't actually try setting them to engage. :P
That said, yeah I do think it's pretty interesting as an AI behavior, though weird how it'll occur on regroup stance only. The missiles tend to have a pretty large engagement range, so if you're trying to regroup them to rebuild replacement rate, they'll fire off missiles and immediately try to rearm after being sent out, lowering it back down again. But good to know!
Iirc, there was a system where if bombers return to the ship safely, it recovers something (replacement time?). I wonder if this is also true for fighters...  :-\

This is the error I think I am getting whenever I use the Mythril Cloak's ship system to open the armor. Causes a crash to desktop.
Thanks to your report, I've found that I neglected to check the case if the covered weapons were empty, and that caused the crash! Fixed!

Also, the Scissors don't actually track do they? The 'Good' tracking appears to refer to their flight pattern?
Ah, yes, you're right. I've changed it to none.

With 1.7.0 installed/enabled, I get a fuckton of starsector.log spam when using YXRP's fighter wings, to the tune of:
Ah, haha sorry about that! A bit of a bad habit. I've cleaned this up now!

Ever since the update that added the Aether Shawl, I've been getting a variety of crashes that seem related to it.

Examples of when I've had crashes:
-Opening the fleet screen at a port, when my fleet consisted of 1 Aether Shawl and 2 Mudskippers (vanilla).
I believe this one is the same as the one reported before, of crashing when entering a market. I believe I've fixed this one, but please do check once the patch arrives!

-Opening the Colony patrol composition screen after I had the blueprint package that included Aether Shawl
-Clicking on the production notification icon in a production event for building an Aether Shawl. (this was before the patch that made the wing's weapons built-in, so may be fixed)
Please check these too if you can - it might be related to others that have also been fixed!

-Clicking 'Autofit' and selecting a custom fit on an Aether Shawl cruiser. (I can keep reproducing this one right now)
I tried this on my end, both via the missions tab (so all weapons are available for me) and through a new campaign (so they aren't) but I did not experience any crashes. Perhaps this, too, comes from an error that was fixed?

When the player is not flying an Aether Shawl but has one deployed as an ally in combat, the player gets the buff/notification icon for the Aether Shawl's retracted state on screen with their ship effects. So basically- it's showing up on your stuff when you're not flying it.
Fixed! Thanks for the report!

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.1.7.1 || Faction Pack || Patch 12/12 [YRXP]
« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2019, 06:11:08 PM »

Patch 1.7.1
DOWNLOAD

I. Changes and fixes

- Fixes (hopefully!) all reported bugs concerning the Aether Shawl and Mythril Cloak ships. Thank you all for the bug reports!
- Removed shields from Moon Rabbit and Shine Ray's weapons platforms. I felt like the mod was slowly drifting away from its identity and I was using Imported Shield Generator as an excuse to put shields on ships that don't need or shouldn't have them. So there!
- Adjusted behavior of jink boost AI across the board, so they stop wasting it avoiding nothing in particular. Also makes the deployment phase 25% less noisy as a result.

II. New Mechanized Infantry

- As thanks for everyone's help in quashing problems with the mod, I'll also release two new Mechs that I've been working on!

2nd Mechanized Division "Sweety Candy"
Light Infantry Platoon

These are (relatively) fast units with the reworked Jink Boost, armed with twin pistols that do Kinetic and High Explosive damage respectively.
Not very tough on their own, but their Anti-Beam Coating mod allows them to fare better against Midline and High-Tech ships than regular AT and INF squads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbKjJZmQtaU

Yuri Witch Corps
Stella-Pattern Exo-Suit

This is the first of a line of 'Special Forces' mech that do not benefit from Mech Bay.
They are individually strong and demand the equivalent in OP.
The Stella Pattern equips the "Suzume" Strike Blade Complex, a psi-guided weapon that deals Kinetic damage when slicing ships and their shields.
Also equips a more conventional laser cannon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbNkFAU6LEk
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39