Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.96a] Yuri Expedition v.3.0.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 12/27 [YRXP]  (Read 290215 times)

Valikdu

• Lieutenant
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.1.6.0 || Faction Pack || Update 12/05! [YRXP]
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2019, 07:18:42 AM »

Then it's probably because I'm applying a new version to an existing save.

More seriously: the game crashes with a null pointer exception related to

data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_commission_safety.applyEffectsAfterShipCreation(yrxp_commission_safety.java:63)

if I view any place where the commission hullmod may be seen (ship market, ship storage, autofit) after resigning my Caprice commission...

This occurs unless I manually remove the Flowers of the Snowfield hullmod from everything (including all the ships that are in storage, or the crash will occur when I view the storage) before resigning.

[I wish there would be a way to get commissioned crews while in an alliance with a faction, instead of just being commissioned by it, but I'll have to take it up with the Commissioned Crews developer]

minor nitpick
the "Scarlet Ice" modifer name has a line break after "Ice".
[close]
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 02:39:47 PM by Valikdu »
My Dwarf Fortress Mod: DESOLATION 1.5
My Channel: V. S. Cosplay

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2019, 01:54:16 PM »

I'm in love with the Aether Shawl... but here's a bug for you:
The Aether Shawl's speed bonus doesn't work if you have the Commissioned Crews hullmod (Flowers of the Snowfield) installed.

The animation of the wings going back and turning into engines still happens, but the buff is never added. If I remove the commissioned crew hullmod, then it starts working again.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2019, 03:20:09 PM »

Then it's probably because I'm applying a new version to an existing save.

More seriously: the game crashes with a null pointer exception related to

data.scripts.hullmods.yrxp_commission_safety.applyEffectsAfterShipCreation(yrxp_commission_safety.java:63)

if I view any place where the commission hullmod may be seen (ship market, ship storage, autofit) after resigning my Caprice commission...

This occurs unless I manually remove the Flowers of the Snowfield hullmod from everything (including all the ships that are in storage, or the crash will occur when I view the storage) before resigning.

[I wish there would be a way to get commissioned crews while in an alliance with a faction, instead of just being commissioned by it, but I'll have to take it up with the Commissioned Crews developer]

minor nitpick
the "Scarlet Ice" modifer name has a line break after "Ice".
[close]
I'm in love with the Aether Shawl... but here's a bug for you:
The Aether Shawl's speed bonus doesn't work if you have the Commissioned Crews hullmod (Flowers of the Snowfield) installed.

The animation of the wings going back and turning into engines still happens, but the buff is never added. If I remove the commissioned crew hullmod, then it starts working again.
Thanks for reporting these! I'll check out why the CC hullmod is behaving this way and I'll release a patch as soon as I can!

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.1.6.1 || Faction Pack || Patch 12/08! [YRXP]
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2019, 03:56:28 PM »

Patch 1.6.1
Download

- Fixes Aether Shawl error. I coped the code off the CC hullmod and forgot to change the effect ID!  :o
- I didn't notice Commissioned Crews updated and the update required some code edits! The edits have been done and a crashing error upon resigning Caparice's commission is fixed!

If you haven't yet, please update your version of Commissioned Crews: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16677.0

If you don't, I believe the Flowers of the Snowfield hullmod will NOT automatically remove upon resigning the commission.

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.1.6.1 || Faction Pack || Patch 12/08 [YRXP]
« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2019, 05:08:05 PM »

Thanks for the quick fixes! Unfortunately... I've got yet another Aether Shawl bug for you.

If the player uses Strip in the refit screen, it removes the equipment on the wing modules.
Since the player can't select them to refit manually, it is impossible to arm them again. Ouch.

Edit to add:
Some of the ones I've produced via Heavy Industry have came with empty mounts on the wing modules, which I can't fix.
Maybe the modules should just be editable, like the ones on the Shine Ray are.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 05:10:28 PM by solardawning »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2019, 05:36:26 PM »

Thanks for the quick fixes! Unfortunately... I've got yet another Aether Shawl bug for you.

If the player uses Strip in the refit screen, it removes the equipment on the wing modules.
Since the player can't select them to refit manually, it is impossible to arm them again. Ouch.

Edit to add:
Some of the ones I've produced via Heavy Industry have came with empty mounts on the wing modules, which I can't fix.
Maybe the modules should just be editable, like the ones on the Shine Ray are.
Oh, I didn't expect that! I suppose I should have those weapons built-in. There's actually a technical reason why I set them to be uneditable - the modules overlap with the upper side missile mounts on the main body, making them uneditable!

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2019, 05:47:00 PM »

You could probably relocate those- one more under each wing, and two more on the back.

As much as it pains me to say it, it's already exceptionally strong for a light cruiser. If you do decide to let the player custom-tailor the wing modules, you may wish to consider lowering the OP on the core segment by 10 to 20 points.
Or maybe both remove those four under-wing small missile mounts and reduce max OP.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2019, 07:06:10 PM »

Patch 1.6.2
Download

- Makes all weapons on Aether Shawl RWS built in to fix stripping error

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.1.6.2 || Faction Pack || Patch 12/08 [YRXP]
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2019, 07:08:46 PM »

Nice. :D

Valikdu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2019, 02:01:20 PM »

I have an idea, if this is possible to code in:
-Have the "Scarlet Ice" modifier be positive to hazard rating, if Caparice is held by the CTCo
-Have it be changed to a negative modifier with the same name if the planet is invaded by someone else and taken
-Have a planet invaded by the CTCo change in type to a Scarlet Ice World, with the positive modifier

As it is right now, Caparice doesn't have a pop growth :/ but this is sort of important with Nexerelin, as NPC planets grow too.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2019, 03:36:36 PM »

I have an idea, if this is possible to code in:
-Have the "Scarlet Ice" modifier be positive to hazard rating, if Caparice is held by the CTCo
-Have it be changed to a negative modifier with the same name if the planet is invaded by someone else and taken
-Have a planet invaded by the CTCo change in type to a Scarlet Ice World, with the positive modifier

As it is right now, Caparice doesn't have a pop growth :/ but this is sort of important with Nexerelin, as NPC planets grow too.
I've actually rolled around some of those ideas in my head before, but they're currently not my focus. One day, maybe!

Regarding the pop growth however, it was intended from the beginning for the colony not to grow at all (supposedly, it was also to be a size 4 colony, but sadly, gameplay restrictions). i.e. NPC planets, if the tooltips are to be believed, grow most from immigration, which is impossible for Caparice.

Valikdu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2019, 10:36:00 AM »

You're right.
Although, I think that conquered planets will have to be addressed sometime. They do conquer planets; I didn't help the Yuri conquer Hiigara, they just went and did it.

(quick suggestion: the Mythril Cloak kind of underperforms if equipped with guns due to low gun uptime; how about an "accelerated ammo feeder" effect for when the armor is open?)

PS: Yay mobile suits!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 10:42:01 AM by Valikdu »

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2019, 12:13:04 PM »

How do the gundams interact with the hullmod? Does it enable them to be replaced or something?

Valikdu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2019, 01:19:21 PM »

How do the gundams interact with the hullmod? Does it enable them to be replaced or something?

They're replenished to having 3 in each wing if the mod is used.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2019, 01:24:03 PM »

Waaaaah! Please wait a moment!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 39