Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.96a] Yuri Expedition v.3.0.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 12/27 [YRXP]  (Read 290194 times)

Valikdu

• Lieutenant
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.1.5.1 || Faction Pack || Patch 11/25
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2019, 06:41:16 PM »

I've set up shop near Kassadar, but I regularly make runs from Caprice to spread the CULTURE.

...and now CTC has taken over Hiigara. I don't know how I feel about this.
My Dwarf Fortress Mod: DESOLATION 1.5
My Channel: V. S. Cosplay

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2019, 12:11:34 AM »

The sound on the Dreamlands could probably be toned down a good amount. They now have a firecracker effect that is also quite strong.

Valikdu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2019, 08:40:30 AM »

Problem: The Seraph Wing will do its flip ability every time a battle starts. I think it triggers the ability just on cooldown.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 09:17:23 AM by Valikdu »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2019, 03:44:11 AM »

I've set up shop near Kassadar, but I regularly make runs from Caprice to spread the CULTURE.

...and now CTC has taken over Hiigara. I don't know how I feel about this.
Haha! I'm surprised a single world faction could do that. Surely you didn't have anything to do with it, right?  ;D

The sound on the Dreamlands could probably be toned down a good amount. They now have a firecracker effect that is also quite strong.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll adjust the sounds down for the next version, but if they're making it hard for you, you can go into config/sounds.json and search for "yrxp_dreamland_explosion". There should be a volume setting there for that sfx that you can pull down without waiting for the next update!

Problem: The Seraph Wing will do its flip ability every time a battle starts. I think it triggers the ability just on cooldown.
Hmm, you're right. Thanks for pointing this out! I'll set it to a different AI on the next version.

And while I'm here, I suppose I could drop a teaser for what's coming! I've been busy and next update will see a bunch of new ships and I'm not just talking about reskins! Here's a sneak peek of what's on the horizon:

Spoiler

[close]

Now then, I've got a mission scenario to write!

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2019, 01:06:11 PM »

The audio on the homing laser (both small and medium) is very jarring- it's both far louder than other weapon sounds, and seems very out of place. When you have multiple firing, from multiple ships all the time, all you can hear is a horrific cacophony of PING PING PING PING PING...
I thought it was some kind of unintentional placeholder left in, because it sounded like an error message more than anything else.

I love the weapon, but I'd suggest taking another pass at the sound, or just subbing in the pulse laser sound.

Aside from that gripe, I love everything you're doing. The balance passes on the ships, weapons, and hullmods have brought everything into a much better place.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2019, 02:52:30 AM »

The audio on the homing laser (both small and medium) is very jarring- it's both far louder than other weapon sounds, and seems very out of place. When you have multiple firing, from multiple ships all the time, all you can hear is a horrific cacophony of PING PING PING PING PING...
I thought it was some kind of unintentional placeholder left in, because it sounded like an error message more than anything else.

I love the weapon, but I'd suggest taking another pass at the sound, or just subbing in the pulse laser sound.

Aside from that gripe, I love everything you're doing. The balance passes on the ships, weapons, and hullmods have brought everything into a much better place.
Thank you very much! I'm glad to hear the balance runs are working out! This coming patch will have more of that - in fact possibly one that will finally fix my #1 balance to do list, thanks to the discovery of some neat API tricks! Also, I heard you, and I've set it about 1/4 of the old volume for the next patch. Hopefully it'll be easier to the ear!

And speaking of the next patch, it's coming very soon (maybe tomorrow)!

So here is the last teaser before the real thing:

I've added 1 new industry - just a proof of concept, like the Engineering Bay idea I did a few weeks ago.

Mob-Run
Business District

In what may be a line of crime-based structures (that you can build! unlike the flavor structures only available in Caparice), Mob-Run Business District adds raw income to your colony, at the expense of stability. Furthermore, it demands Drugs, Luxury Goods and Harvested Organs - meaning it can only be built in planets that allow them (free port). And, seeing as it's rather silly for organized crime to take hold on a tiny settlement just trying to survive, there is also a planet size requirement (5+).

And just imagine what it can do when an AI is put in charge...  ???

It doesn't actually have anything to do with the Yuri, but I'm too lazy to make a new mod for it, but as the catalog of 'off-topic' stuff grows, I might separate them into their own mod. I'd long predicted this, since first adding the large rocket in the previous patch, so I've already made preparations for when it happens!

Edit:

Oh, and I should probably announce it ahead of time...

The next patch will retire the AE-752 Stone Mantle from the Yuri lineup.

It's this one

Its replacement is one of the new ships that will be introduced in the next patch, also of the Aegis Cruiser class. Why is it being retired? Simply, because I no longer like how it looks too much like the Eagle. Recently I'd been wanting the Yuri ships to at least look somewhat different from Vanilla ships; seeing as how, lore wise, they aren't supposed to even be from the same dimension. The freighter and converted destroyer are sort of pushing it in similarity to the Valkyrie but... at least for the moment, I feel their silhouettes are different enough, the destroyer in particular.

Well, I say it's retiring, but... well, you'll see.

In any case, just like before, to prevent crashes, all the data is still there, so if you're really intent on keeping your pink Eagle, you can. But it will no longer available in markets nor in Yuri fleets. But as compensation, the hull's value has been tripled, so you don't lose credits from selling it off.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 03:09:30 AM by creature »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.1.6.0 || Faction Pack || Update 12/05! [YRXP]
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2019, 02:45:55 AM »

Update 1.6.0
Next Generation
DOWNLOAD

I. New Features

- Many new hullmods:

Most were distributed to existing ships, not only to add flavor but also to give them more specialized stats and for balancing! Here is the most major though:

Standardized Missile Racks

This ship's hull has been completely maxed out with the most advanced miniaturization techniques. For that reason, its ammunitions bays have trouble accommodating non-standard munitions.
Mounting Missile weapons not produced by the Yuri Expedition and its local firms will accrue a penalty of -50% to ammo stores.
Incompatible with Expanded Missile Racks.

Missile Racks Over-Capacity

This ship's hull can't fit all of the ammunition for its missile launchers and thus incurs a -50% penalty to their ammo stores.

These two new hullmods work hand in hand. Standardized Missile Racks appear in the following ships:

Spoiler
Honeycomb & Snowstorm

Yousei

Koakuma

Guardian

Tenshi

Stone Mantle
[close]

If you then mount any missile that is not produced by the following firms:

- Aletto Heavy Machinery
- Aletto Ordinance Plant
- Illusion Works
- Alpina Weapons Factory
- Alto Research Labs

The hullmod Missile Racks Over-Capacity will automatically be added to your ship, and all missiles mounted on that ship will have 50% less ammo. Now the alpha-powerful vanilla missiles won't be spammable via Yuri missile boats anymore!

- As revealed last time, I've added the Mob-Run Business District industry! You can build it in your colony if you've got stability to spare, I guess.

- Also, this patch comes with the requested settings to reduce the VFX generated by the mod's many missiles! It's actually already switched "OFF" as soon as you integrate this mod, but if you want to see everything as it should be, you can turn the settings "ON" by going to this directory:

Code
...\Starsector\mods\YRXP\data\config\

and open the file, settings.json where you will see this near the top:

Code
"yrxp_EnableVFX":false,
Just set that false to true and you're back at 5 FPS again! Feels like home!

- Two new missions! One, in particular, is a massive meat-grinder. I hope you enjoy them! There's a bunch of lore, almost a bit of a short story going on in the mission description, so if you like that sort of thing, give it a read!

- Three new High Value Bounties! You better be careful when hunting them down, but if you win, you'll get some nice goodies!

And by nice goodies, of course I mean...

II. New Ships and Ship Changes

- Their ships! You can try out two of the three special ships in the available missions, but to have them in the campaign, you will need to beat them as a High Value Bounty (Vayra's Sector required, of course) and they are:

Spoiler
[Missile Corvette] AE-522-S mod.KRM "Suiseki"
by Axlemc131 (recolored)

The Suiseki is a tough boss enemy with massive maneuverability and a specialized loadout for killing things much bigger than itself. Do NOT underestimate it for being a frigate. Here it is in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr7YwuxoPnE

[Protected Cruiser] Raven
by Tartiflette(recolored)

(Custom)

(Export)

Remember when I said I'd retire the old Aegis Cruiser? Well, that's not exactly true. Because here it is with a brand new paintjob (2 of them)! It's true that the Stone Mantle is removed from the Yuri list, though. But it lives on in soul in these two versions. The lore was also retconned regarding those - the mission featuring the custom Raven (get it? Eagle? Raven?) has the backstory of how it came to be, if you're interested! But the -Export- version was added to the midline_bp shipset! Maybe you'll find them in some Persean League fleet? I don't really know! Here's how it looks like in combat (the custom one):

And lastly, the one which is only available via the High Value Bounty. I won't say any more about it; just that if you're looking to capture it, expect losses. That Astral in the header? It was undamaged.

[Doomsday Weapon] AE-656(?) "Star Breaker"

[close]

Next up, Caparice Trade Co. gets a couple new ships!

Let's start with the one teased a couple of days ago, the...
[Light Cruiser] AE-755 Aether Shawl
by Tartiflette(recolored)

(bare)

(full mount)
This light cruiser is the most advanced ship in the Yuri arsenal to date, featuring newfangled tech like Ceramic-Composite Construction and the very special Aether Shawl Remote Weapon System. No, I'm afraid you can't take it as a supership start, but you can try and find one in the market at Caparice! Or, if you're hostile towards the Yuri, it can also appear (somewhat rarely) in Yuri fleets!

Here's another look at what it can do:

Spoiler

[close]

- Next is the announced replacement for the old Stone Mantle, the new...
[Aegis Cruiser] AE-753 Mythril Cloak

(bare, with armor panels)

(mod.A - with frontal shield module)

(mod.B - with prow autocannon)

It comes in two flavors - mod. A is full-on defense, featuring a frontal shield module which stacks with the Imported Shield Generator stashed inside the ship itself!
Mod. B is a more balanced ship, doing away with the extra shield but mounting a formidable autocannon in its place!
Mind you, it might look like it's brimming with guns, but everything on the sides of the arrowhead is actually covered by the armor and is deactivated...
that is, until...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCg4qkPHVvk

And last of the new ships are two dedicated anti-capital weapons based on the AE-641:

AE-641 mod. B Lotus Flower
by Medikohl (recolored)

[Strike Destroyer] Bloody Heart

[Siege Destroyer] Red Star

Unlike the failed AE-656 Strike Cannon project, these models are mass produced, and you'll see them both in Yuri fleets and markets!
They are basically the Yuri answer to Capital ships, since they don't have the industrial capacity to out-capital ship anyone.

III. New Weapons and Weapon Changes

- Very few new weapons this time - most of them are built into the new ships! But there are couple - one for the Yuri and the other another low_tech missile, medium this time. I think you might find the latter quite fun, though!

IV. Fix/Bug Update

- I tried to replicate the buy/sell price bug for the Yuri luxuries and, I'm not quite sure, but it might be tied to the save that you were using when you updated to 1.5.1? Because I made a new save to try out the bug and I think it's gone now. I don't mean to make you do over into a new save, but that's just my best guess right now...

V. Next Steps

There was actually a bunch of other stuff that I wanted to add to this update, like my plans for the Full-Armored Valkyrie fighter, but at some point, I just had to draw a line and say, okay, this is it for this update! So here are some of my coming plans:

- Full-Armor Valkyrie Assault Fighter (probably the final form, promise)
- A rework of the remote control asteroids - I'm going to study Dark.Revenant's code for the Olympus planet killer so I can make them spawn as ships instead of fighters. i.e. you can order them around yourself.
- A new ECM ship idea I've got rolling in my noggin!
- Might add those new crime-based industries
- A (secret) line of new ships? Not sure yet!

And more! But that's it for now, or YRXP will never get another release, ever!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 02:24:18 PM by creature »

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2019, 05:42:05 AM »

And last of the new ships are two dedicated anti-capital weapons based on the AE-641:
I swear, there must be a typo! I checked and rechecked and i'm sure you only posted one!
(I get exactly 0 originality points for this)

Still, great work!
On the left half of the Bell curve

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2019, 10:16:33 AM »

Will the update break saves? Need to know if I should preserve my current sector seed.

Edit: Seeing as I need to add some other mods, starting new save anyway
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 10:35:53 AM by Starareo »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2019, 01:17:53 PM »

Will the update break saves? Need to know if I should preserve my current sector seed.

Edit: Seeing as I need to add some other mods, starting new save anyway
It won't! As promised, no breaking saves until Starsector itself updates! And if it does, it's a bug and I'll try to fix it!

I swear, there must be a typo! I checked and rechecked and i'm sure you only posted one!
(I get exactly 0 originality points for this)

Still, great work!
Thank you very much!

Fwiffo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2019, 11:17:32 PM »

- I tried to replicate the buy/sell price bug for the Yuri luxuries and, I'm not quite sure, but it might be tied to the save that you were using when you updated to 1.5.1? Because I made a new save to try out the bug and I think it's gone now. I don't mean to make you do over into a new save, but that's just my best guess right now...
I'm making a new save anyway, so will see if the problem persists. :)

Also, great work on the update! Can't wait to try out the new goodies!

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2019, 01:40:16 AM »

I'm making a new save anyway, so will see if the problem persists. :)

Also, great work on the update! Can't wait to try out the new goodies!
Fingers crossed! Enjoy your playthrough!

Valikdu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2019, 05:50:00 AM »

For some reason, my planets have the Mob-Run Business stability malus even thought I haven't built it.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2019, 03:25:03 PM »

For some reason, my planets have the Mob-Run Business stability malus even thought I haven't built it.
Hmm... I tried replicating it; booted up a new save, cheated some money for crews, supplies and machinery then colonized the nearest planet, but I found my colony was not suffering the stability malus from Mob-Run Business. Can you tell me more when and how you got the stability malus? Was it from an existing save, etc?

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2019, 11:39:20 PM »

Arashi no naka de kagayaite~
Spoiler
[close]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39