Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.96a] Yuri Expedition v.3.0.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 12/27 [YRXP]  (Read 290203 times)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.1.4.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 11/18
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2019, 07:50:03 PM »

Yeah, the Steel Grape weapon card list them as fragmentation, I remember it was kinetic previously, could be wrong. The lore reason for lack of kinetic missiles does make sense now that you mention. Excited to see what else is in store tho!

Also, the Onsoku Battle Cannon specifically does kinetic damage, but is listed as anti-armor. Don't know about anything else, but probably worth a look over.
Ah, thanks for pointing that out! It's yet another thing I missed! But given it's so minor, I could just push to along with the next update.

And believe me, I'm just as excited to show the stuff I've got in store as you are to see them! Maybe even more!

But I can't! It's far too early!

So as a compromise, here's another little teaser for what's in the works:

Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 07:52:24 PM by creature »

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2019, 07:10:27 AM »

Oh boy, looking to Touhou up in here. I like how the ships have to be built more specialized now, my Angel Wings can either be pure bomber, or fighters + missile saturation, instead of everything at once lmao.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.1.5.0 || Faction Pack || Update 11/25!
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2019, 09:07:22 PM »

Update 1.5.1
Sound and Fury
DOWNLOAD

Important: If you are upgrading from 1.4.2 or below, and have the IW-700 Angel Wing in your fleet, please [STRIP] it before updating.
This update reduces its fighter bays to 5 and your 6th might disappear and be irrecoverable.
*Note: Patched to 1.5.1

This update adds a lot of visual effects to new and existing weapons. As a result, battles may slow down a bit if you deploy the affected weapons en-masse.
On the bright side, that gives you more time to take in the view!
(I might add a setting in the future where you can toggle some off.)

I. New Features

- Added Compatibility to Vayra's Sector - High Value Bounty! Struggling hopelessly with the event system has led me to despair, and so I've put most of those plans on hold and added 'her' to the High Value Bounty list! Big thanks to Vayra for the really helpful sample project for adding a bounty!

Spoiler

Information:
Pocket Battlecruiser - class ship
Heavily Armed
Does not appear until at least Cycle 209 (see special mission for lore - dates revised)
[close]

Unfortunately, I haven't the time to float around and wait for the bounty to spawn to test her out, but if you meet her, I'd love to hear how it goes! I also don't know if the whole High Value Bounty System (or Vayra's Sector, for that matter) is compatible with an ongoing game that doesn't have it yet. To be sure, Vayra's Sector will NOT be a requirement and the mod DOES work without it (but no bounty, of course).

- Added extensive use of GraphicsLib and MagicLib classes for more eye candy! Some of your favorites might have been given a touch-up, so check them out!

Guess which this one is, for example:
Spoiler
[close]

- Added some new commodities and structures to Caparice! Unfortunately, you'll only see them if you start a new game but don't worry - they're only for flavor and have minimum gameplay effect.

II. New Ships

This update adds three ships to the Yuri armada! Let's take a look:
IW-701-S "Seraph Wing" Fleet Carrier

This modernized Angel Wing, lovingly painted with a Sariel decal, has improved armor and top speed! Furthermore, it has 4 medium missile mounts instead of 2! In exchange it only gets 4 fighter bays and has worse deceleration and turn rate. However, the Seraph Wing also gets a new ship system to replace the older's Maneuvering Jets:

The "Wingbeat ADS" (renamed post-video) turns the Seraph Wing a full 180 degrees, allowing it to circumvent its terrible turn rate and accelerate away from danger! Further, it floods the area with flares, missiles and interceptors to ward off any pesky torpedos that might give a chase - for a while. It has a very long recharge time, however. As a part of a rebalance, the old Angel Wing has also been given similar statistics - fast top speed and accel but bad decel and turn speed - i.e. it sort of behaves like a plane, but in space.

OE-360 "Whispering Grass" Signals Ship

The nerds scientists at Alto Research Labs have done it again. This time it's a support ship that imparts invaluable bonuses to have in any YRXP fleet! But more impressive is it's special ship system:

And lastly,
AE-641 "Lotus Blossom" Destroyer (modules not visible)

Something close to a conventional destroyer with lots of hybrid guns on its very obvious weapons platform. You can see it in action in the header! Not pictured is the pair of light modular armor on both sides, and a modular(!) shield bolted on the flat portion of the nose. Why the hybrid mounts on a faction mainly focused on missiles, you ask?

Well...

III. New Weapons

- OE-84 Homing Laser

Introducing YRXP's first real energy weapon! Of course, the Yuri don't live in a bubble, and after acquiring their first energy weapon from the sector, they soon tried to make their own! Comes in MEDIUM and SMALL. Let's look at it in action:

Spoiler

[close]

Of course, there would be no point in having an energy weapon if no ship can mount it, so part of this update is turning a lot of BALLISTIC mounts on all YRXP ships into HYBRID (with older, lower tech ships having less and newer ones having all or almost all hybrids)

- IE-20 "Fireweed" Chainmine

This dastardly weapon is right about what the name says - a line of bombs tied to a wire and attached to a roller which lays them out on the field. Makes exceptionally pretty lightshows. Comes in MEDIUM and SMALL. A quick look:

Spoiler
[close]

Note: The rollers are inert and can bounce off shields and stuff. They can also "go into" the shields, because physics.

- IE-35 Whistle Rocket

What look like normal fireworks are actually chaff dispensers (just roll with it). Apart from leaving dirt in sensitive joints (emp damage), and bouncing radar waves all over the place (missile damage), they also look pretty, which distracts the crew (no real effect). Comes in LARGE and SMALL

Does insignificant damage, but is part of the new line of "pressure" missiles (including the homing laser above) that, instead of delivering massive burst damage at once, instead have large ammo stores and quick reloads, but very slow launch cycles, allowing you to keep firing non-stop (almost - they still run out of ammo eventually, and the net effect is a ~50% reduction in total firepower, as opposed to the 75+% of normal YRXP missiles). Let's take a look:

Spoiler

[close]

- MEDIUM and LARGE versions of the Engineering Bay, introduced in a previous patch:

Behold, the Dominator that can:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzo0iAeZ5Ag

- Stuff NOT made by the Yuri

This will be the first of (hopefully) a bunch of "common" weapons that, lore wise, are developed by Yuri trading partners, pirates aiming to attack the Yuri, etc. The one above is available for the "low_tech" BP.

- And more! Look in the game to find out!

IV. Rebalance and other changes

- As noted above, the Angel Wing's fighter bays have been reduced from 6 to 5. Its deployment cost is also reduced from 40 to 36.
- Red Skirt Interceptors have been stripped of Sparkler missiles and were instead given new AAMs that seek out enemy fighters.
- Flowers of the Snowfield's Max CR bonus was reduced by 10% - the maximum without other bonuses is now 90%, to allow the Ship Spa some use in a YRXP fleet. Or those character skills that add CR.
- The side missile mounts of the Scorched Lily were corrected - they are now MEDIUM mounts, instead of LARGE, which came about because the hull was copied off the White Frills.
- The OP bonus from Expanded Ordinance Bays is now equal to cost of Expanded Missile Racks... as originally intended, but I got the numbers wrong for some ship types. Also, using Expanded Ordinance Bays now also increases the damage received by your weapons (unsafe ammo stowage).
- Hotfix: Fixed a crashing issue caused by the ModPlugin when installing YRXP into a game save that DOES NOT have YRXP installed yet.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 04:55:06 AM by creature »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2019, 10:15:33 PM »

Oh boy, looking to Touhou up in here. I like how the ships have to be built more specialized now, my Angel Wings can either be pure bomber, or fighters + missile saturation, instead of everything at once lmao.
Touhou is great, isn't it? Certainly my inspiration for a bunch of the weapons here!

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2019, 10:37:43 PM »

**IMPORTANT**

If you have downloaded 1.5.0 BEFORE this message was posted, and you are having the issue below, please redownload, I have added the following hotfix:

- Fixed a crashing issue caused by the ModPlugin when installing YRXP into a game save that DOES NOT have YRXP installed yet.

Valikdu

• Lieutenant
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2019, 03:47:37 AM »

Starsector crashed and pointed to an error in yrxp.faction:

Code
"yrxp_aegis_cruiser_2":10,,
"yrxp_signal_ship_std":8
My Dwarf Fortress Mod: DESOLATION 1.5
My Channel: V. S. Cosplay

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.1.5.1 || Faction Pack || Update & Hotfix 11/25
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2019, 04:37:45 AM »

Starsector crashed and pointed to an error in yrxp.faction:

Code
"yrxp_aegis_cruiser_2":10,,
"yrxp_signal_ship_std":8
Ahh! I'm really sorry, I screwed up with the hotfix. Please download this patch instead:

Download 1.5.1

Or if you don't want to redownload the whole thing, just copy this folder inside YRXP to fix the error:

Download just the fix
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 04:39:18 AM by creature »

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2019, 06:28:07 AM »

I'm so going to hell for this
So, when can we expect the Neos Engineering Enforcer TroopS and the West End Armor Building Ordnance OperativeS subfactions?
On the left half of the Bell curve

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2019, 06:39:12 AM »

So I guess the Seraph Wing is supposed to be more direct combat based with the extra missile slots, while the Angel Wing is straight airspace superiority with relatively minimal weapons? I do tend to pack it with 6 bombers lmao.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2019, 01:10:06 PM »

I'm so going to hell for this
So, when can we expect the Neos Engineering Enforcer TroopS and the West End Armor Building Ordnance OperativeS subfactions?
Ha!

I'm considering, maybe at least, a submarket, to add just 1 more marketplace. I think the size adjustment is getting there, but it's still pretty painful to find the rarer ships.

So I guess the Seraph Wing is supposed to be more direct combat based with the extra missile slots, while the Angel Wing is straight airspace superiority with relatively minimal weapons? I do tend to pack it with 6 bombers lmao.
Uhh, I guess you could say that? But well, the Seraph Wing was intended to be a straight upgrade with some compromises!

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.1.5.1 || Faction Pack || Update/Hotfix 11/25!
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2019, 06:48:26 PM »

I've noticed a small issue. When I talk to the commodities trader about requests and stuff, even if I don't ask to know more details, I still get the mission but as a result have no idea what I need to obtain/do. Actually, I also don't get an entry in the intel screen, so I can't even look up the details.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 07:03:49 PM by Starareo »

Fwiffo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2019, 08:41:08 PM »

There's a bug with the mod's trade commodities. I bought some pop singles and xenofashion off Caparice station, went to a Tri-Tachyon station, sold them for 240, then immediately bought them back for 90, and then sold it again for 240 - this cycle can be repeated endlessly, giving you money each time, without even leaving the station.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2019, 01:25:25 AM »

There's a bug with the mod's trade commodities. I bought some pop singles and xenofashion off Caparice station, went to a Tri-Tachyon station, sold them for 240, then immediately bought them back for 90, and then sold it again for 240 - this cycle can be repeated endlessly, giving you money each time, without even leaving the station.
Thank you very much for reporting this bug! That's quite strange since it seems to work okay when I was trading 1 piece at a time, but when I moved entire stacks, I replicated this issue! I'm still not sure why, but it seems to be related to my setting the items' base value and export value (when, looking at the mod HMI, it seems their luxury commodities were set without). So I applied the relevant fix (hopefully!) in this patch below. It's just the relevant fix, so please copy and paste it inside your YRXP folder - there is far too many half-finished stuff in my copy that I can't easily upload a full folder anymore!

Download Patch 1.5.2

I've noticed a small issue. When I talk to the commodities trader about requests and stuff, even if I don't ask to know more details, I still get the mission but as a result have no idea what I need to obtain/do. Actually, I also don't get an entry in the intel screen, so I can't even look up the details.
Ah, please don't mind that. I got burnt out after making so little progress on them that I pushed back my plans for a faction quest and added 'her' to Vayra's Sector High Value Bounty list instead... For the moment, I removed the intel related to the quest so it doesn't "corrupt" player saves for the time I finally make sense of quest-making for Starsector.

But I suppose I should have disabled the rules as well so you didn't have to see that. So I did, also in the patch above.

Fwiffo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2019, 02:23:16 PM »

Thank you very much for reporting this bug! That's quite strange since it seems to work okay when I was trading 1 piece at a time, but when I moved entire stacks, I replicated this issue! I'm still not sure why, but it seems to be related to my setting the items' base value and export value (when, looking at the mod HMI, it seems their luxury commodities were set without). So I applied the relevant fix (hopefully!) in this patch below. It's just the relevant fix, so please copy and paste it inside your YRXP folder - there is far too many half-finished stuff in my copy that I can't easily upload a full folder anymore!
Unfortunately, the issue hasn't been solver. I'm still able to trade the same goods over and over again after applying the fix.
I've also noticed that pop singles and xenofashion do not appear in market share window at all - could it be related?

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2019, 03:41:35 PM »

Unfortunately, the issue hasn't been solver. I'm still able to trade the same goods over and over again after applying the fix.
I've also noticed that pop singles and xenofashion do not appear in market share window at all - could it be related?
Hmm... I think I'll have to ask for some help on this one. I might be missing something. Please sit tight for now!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39