Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.96a] Yuri Expedition v.3.0.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 12/27 [YRXP]  (Read 290204 times)

tantananan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.1.01 || Faction Pack || Major Update 11/05
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2019, 07:42:09 PM »

I'm really enjoying this mod! Thank you!

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2019, 05:00:47 PM »

I'm really enjoying this mod! Thank you!
Glad to hear! Thank you very much!

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2019, 05:07:06 PM »

Code
195837 [Thread-9] ERROR com.fs.graphics.o0oO  - Error loading [graphics/portraits/gfl_f00.png]

seems like the YRXP\data\world\factions\yrxp.faction
has definitions using non-existant portraits from `"Girls Frontline Portrait Pack"` which i don't use anymore ...
as there are issues with too many portraits packs ...
(partly memory issues and partly due to some of the portraits failing to load (for random picks))

(and i guess it's now in the first post so ignore it but wish there was easier way to tell dependencies)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 05:48:36 PM by Dwarden »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2019, 05:53:43 PM »

Code
195837 [Thread-9] ERROR com.fs.graphics.o0oO  - Error loading [graphics/portraits/gfl_f00.png]

seems like the YRXP\data\world\factions\yrxp.faction

has definitions using non-existant portraits
yep, it's from `"Girls Frontline Portrait Pack"` which i don't use anymore ...
as there are issues with too many portraits packs ...

(and i guess it's now in the first post)

Hmm, that is a bit of a problem... If you would like, version 0.021, the last version without the faction, (and thus the added dependencies) is still up in this link:

Download

You will only need the three 'Libs' for it to work!

The numbers may look far off, but apart from the items listed in the latest update, 0.021 has everything the mod has to offer. Moving forward, I'm afraid I don't intend to make my own portrait pack, since one already exists to my satisfaction, so the requirement will stand for all forseeable updates.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2019, 06:09:13 PM »

oh, don't worry i will edit the faction file myself to just remove the portraits , that's easy for me

what i would suggest for you is add some small amount of default portraits directly as part of your own mod

you can e.g. use some from this pack https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17066.0

as long as you credit the author and link to the original thread

Avatier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2019, 06:10:06 PM »

Just dropping by to say, great mod. 10/10 would rocket punch Astrals into a death spiral again.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2019, 06:36:48 PM »

oh, don't worry i will edit the faction file myself to just remove the portraits , that's easy for me

what i would suggest for you is add some small amount of default portraits directly as part of your own mod

you can e.g. use some from this pack https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17066.0

as long as you credit the author and link to the original thread
I don't think that will really fix the error if I will still reference the rest of the missing pictures from a different mod... (I really like those portraits from Girls Frontline!)

Just dropping by to say, great mod. 10/10 would rocket punch Astrals into a death spiral again.
Ha!  ;D
Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for dropping by!

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2019, 06:38:41 PM »

@creature what i mean you can use (some of) those portrait pictures directly, aka as part of your mod files (the pack author allowed it)

so saving you from the trouble of dependency on another pack (as bonus the visual theme fits way better for Starsector)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 06:48:07 PM by Dwarden »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2019, 06:57:19 PM »

@creature what i mean you can use (some of) those portrait pictures directly, aka as part of your mod files (the pack author allowed it)

so saving you from the trouble of dependency on another pack (as bonus the visual theme fits way better for Starsector)
Ah, that makes sense! I'll give it a try.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2019, 07:09:15 PM »

oh i think you misunderstood, i was talking about the pack i linked

Interesting Portraits Pack

it has like 375 portraits in it (so i'm sure you may like some of those to use)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2019, 07:29:11 PM »

oh i think you misunderstood, i was talking about the pack i linked

Interesting Portraits Pack

it has like 375 portraits in it (so i'm sure you may like some of those to use)
Ah, don't worry, I understood what you meant - but I really want those Girls Frontline portraits, so I asked for permission to integrate them! For the time being, Haze's mod will remain a dependency.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2019, 07:37:12 PM »

ok, thanks for clarify

Fuzzlewhumper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2019, 03:25:14 AM »

I'm enjoying the mod but I do have some things about it that 'feel' like they're not as intended.

The home system has everything on the one and only world, the pathers are triggered from the start. I don't have a problem with it, just mentioning it as feeling odd when compared to the other faction starts (I've not tried them all, It may be more common than I think).
Was more common than I thought, never mind. :)

The IW-365 ship (as bought from the open market on the starting world) lacks the Minimal Armor Package included with the large carrier group start. I'm suggesting adding a blueprint at the start that includes what you wish it to include for the player to start off with. (P.A.C.K. starts the player with a blueprint for its ships 24,000 value - don't know what all it includes). Something to consider so a player can make bought ships from the station have the same load outs.

Again on the IW-365 ship (but this may not be specific to the ship and more specific to the fighter I chose to pair it with). I bought IW-201 Bomber's for this ship. First combat, before the enemy has had a chance to reach my back line and kill this ship, the ship is destroyed. I restarted to see why and paid close attention. The missiles sent out by the IW-201 KILLED the mother ship (IW-365) they were launched from. Friendly fire? This feels more like a bug than intended behavior.

Thanks for the mod, enjoying it! :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 08:43:20 AM by Fuzzlewhumper »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2019, 03:45:05 AM »

Firstly, the capital ship was remodelled - its artillery platforms have been separated into their own modules with their own (imported) shield generators!
From my own playtesting with similar ships, you better hope you've got enough point defence on those modules too, as they don't actually stop explosions from missiles and the likes.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2019, 02:41:00 PM »

I'm enjoying the mod but I do have some things about it that 'feel' like they're not as intended...
Thank you very much for the detailed feedback, I'll go through them one by one below.

The home system has everything on the one and only world, the pathers are triggered from the start. I don't have a problem with it, just mentioning it as feeling odd when compared to the other faction starts (I've not tried them all, It may be more common than I think).
Was more common than I thought, never mind. :)
Them having just one planet is intentional, however, upon my own testing, it seems that making them also start as a size 4 market might be severely limiting the types of ships available at their marketplace (is that how it works? I'm not really sure), so I'm currently looking at having them start at a larger size or whatever is needed (maybe add a secondary faction that adds an advanced market like you see in other mods?)

The IW-365 ship (as bought from the open market on the starting world) lacks the Minimal Armor Package included with the large carrier group start. I'm suggesting adding a blueprint at the start that includes what you wish it to include for the player to start off with. (P.A.C.K. starts the player with a blueprint for its ships 24,000 value - don't know what all it includes). Something to consider so a player can make bought ships from the station have the same load outs.
I do plan to give the basic blueprint to a player that starts with Caparice Trade Co! I'll probably get it done on the next update. About the armor package, it's a separate mod from the IW-365 Carrier and, while the variant you start with does come with it, it isn't a necessary "flavor" mod, since the base IW-365 already comes with paper-thin armor. Adding minimal armor package on top of that just puts the armor at 'non-existent' territory, which is fine!

Again on the IW-365 ship (but this may not be specific to the ship and more specific to the fighter I chose to pair it with). I bought IW-201 Bomber's for this ship. First combat, before the enemy has had a chance to reach my back line and kill this ship, the ship is destroyed. I restarted to see why and paid close attention. The missiles sent out by the IW-201 KILLED the mother ship (IW-365) they were launched from. Friendly fire? This feels more like a bug than intended behavior.
Ah! Yes, unfortunately, this must be friendly fire... To help me find the culprit easier, can you tell me the weapon used by your IW-201 bomber? There may be around 4 or 5 variants of the same bomber with different loadouts, you see!

Thanks for the mod, enjoying it! :)
Glad to know! Thank you very much!

From my own playtesting with similar ships, you better hope you've got enough point defence on those modules too, as they don't actually stop explosions from missiles and the likes.
Absolutely true! And don't forget, you also have PD missiles. Don't skimp out!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 02:42:33 PM by creature »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39