Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.96a] Yuri Expedition v.3.0.2 || Faction Pack || Hotfix 12/27 [YRXP]  (Read 290142 times)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Yuri Expedition
Download v.3.0.2 for 0.96a

or
Download YRXP+YREX+YRUTL Pack here
Mirror for complete pack

* Important: Update 3.0.X now REQUIRES both Boarding Util and Particle Engine. Please make sure you download both!

newest version: 3.0.2 - a potentail crashing fix for Crystallize FA's shipsystem.

* Important: Before updating, always make a save copy just in case!

Mod Requirements:
Boarding Util
LazyLib
GraphicsLib
MagicLib
Particle Engine

Integrated with:
Nijigen Extend
Star Promenade Obsolete and no longer supported!

Nexerelin
Version Checker
Commissioned Crews
Vayra's Sector

Recommended Mods:
Aria the Escalation (Search for it in Nexus Mods! Make sure to have adult filter on!)
Kingdom of Royal Azalea
Hatsune Miku On The Side Of A Pandemonium
Azur Lane Portrait Packs

Note: If you are having FPS problems with the VFX and particles, you can go to:

Code
...\Starsector\mods\YRXP\data\config\
and open the file, settings.json where you will see this near the top:

Code
"yrxp_EnableVFX":false,
Just set that true to false.

I. Summary:

This mod adds the new faction, Caparice Trade Co. in the Sola system in the eastern fringe of the sector. Their core ships can be categorized between one of two extremes: (relatively) fast, fragile glass cannons with an extensive missile loadout and slow, extremely heavily armored bruisers whose only weakness is their rear armor.

The faction's unique ships ships are given itasha-style decals while the common ships are generally painted pink. More modern ships are painted white and purple to designate their Ceramic-Composite Construction. I highly recommend Haze's Girls Frontline Portrait Pack and VJNL's Azur Lane Portrait Packs to get in the correct mood!

This mod proudly features missiles for all situations. Saturation, Shield Suppression, Point Defense, Anti-Fighter, Long-Range Bombardment - you name it, there's a missile that can do it. Or if there isn't, there should be a combination that will do the job. In addition, powerful area-denial and BALLISTIC point defense systems keep your ships safe against enemy missiles. For the ship's newest line of heavily armored assault ships, the YRXP also adds extremely high rate of fire chainguns of various types, as well as larger autocannons for riddling enemy ships full of holes.

Though there have been a multitude of balance passes through the years, in particular reining in the number of projectiles on the screen at the same time in the interest of performance, the singular aim of the mod remains to provide a spectacular visual experience with a bevy of different missiles whizzing and whirring around. I do hope you enjoy.

tl;dr:
- Glass cannon ships armed with missiles. LOTS of missiles. or...
- Slow, heavily armored bruisers with mechanized infantry support
- No shields at all! None! You can't install improvized shielding either!
- A missile for every occasion.
- Chaingun and autocannon-type ballistics for your bullet storm needs.
- Very strong PD and PD missiles that can protect your ships from the same magnitude of missile barrage that you can dish out.
- Exotic energy weapons that look nice too.

II. Some samples:
[Variable Fighter] IW-299-N Scarlet Sky NEXT
(kitbashed)

[Heavy Support Ship] AE-677 Amaryl
(kitbashed)

[Strike Cruiser] AE-641 mod. J Parasol
(kitbashed)

[Line Breaker] AE-910 mod. J Stone Ray
(kitbashed)

[Battlecruiser] AE-907 mod. N Shine Ray
(AI-assisted)

III. The Mod in Motion (OLD BUT STILL SORT OF LOOKS LIKE THIS):

- .GIFs:

See more

[close]
- Full Video Demos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFT3IvzJrC8

Check the full playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3Uiq4ZNWTw6UB0HOBWNzFjB-RgmgJ6aS

If you liked what you saw then please, give the mod a try and experience it yourself!

IV. Commissioned Crews:

Yuri Expedition is integrated with Commissioned Crews, and getting a Caparice Trade Co. commission will give you the following bonus:

V. High Value Bounties:

As of YRXP 3.0, the HVBs previously integrated with Varya's Sector have now been rendered obsolete. However, they still remain active for posterity, as they await their update. But at least they have updated portraits now!

V. Lore:

As you might expect from gaudily painted ships with cute girl decals, there's no way this is or can be lore-friendly. I did, however, add some internal lore regarding each ship and weapon system, if you're interested in that sort of thing.

v1.0.1: For what it's worth, the 'excuse' for them being in the sector is as follows:

Spoiler
After an unusually powerful hyperspace storm out in the rim of the core worlds, an entirely new star system appeared where there was just empty space. Quacks and scientists with lab coats alike a race to explain this phenomenon just as signs of civilization were detected. A strange xenos species has arrived. Perhaps from a different dimension. Perhaps - from the second dimension?
[close]

v.1.4.0: Some limited interaction between the Yuri and the wider sector. Missions chronicle events that transpired involving Pirates and the Persean League/Hegemony.

v.1.5.0: Some technological exchange between Yuri and Independents. Bounties have been placed on certain Yuri.

v.1.6.0: Tensions between the Yuri and the locals are rising.

v.1.8.0: In response to increasing hostilities across the sector, Caparice Trade Co. develops weapons of mass destruction as a final deterrent.

v.3.0.0: As a result of they Yuri acclimating to their situation in the sector, as well as the fruits of accumulated technology gained from the humans, Caparice became more and more industrialized. And so, their military posture also became more aggressive over time.

They Yuri believed that with the arrival of familiar faces in the Arians and Royal Azaleans, they would be able to find a way to restore their home back to their original dimension, but as it turned out that both factions were quite keen in keeping them stuck in this dimension, it has become clear that the Yuri must do everything in their power to attain their goal, even if it means entering into conflict with the wider sector...

VI. Known Issues:

???

VII. Still to come:

YRXP 3.0 is not yet, so to say, complete. It is merely an attempt on my part to release YRXP in its current form for 0.96, since I felt like playing Starsector again and had managed to update it and its subsidiary mods for the campaign. As such there are still many things that this update has NOT touched upon, but will be in the future:
  • Old HVBs are still there and most are obsolete. I keep them there for you to continue to enjoy them though they are likely to receive revisions in the future.
  • Most of the old missions have been removed temporarily - because they all used obsolete variants that caused the game to crash, and I have not yet revisited them to implement a fix.
  • The Caparice Trade Co. campaign itself has not yet received any changes (in terms of quests or any other campaign-layer items)
  • The promised market for obsolete YRXP gear is not yet functional! Most are still there, just tucked away in a dark corner, out ot sight. I'll get to it eventually!
  • Custom officer skills: I actually tried my hand in adding one for this release, but errors prevented them from reaching releasable state before today, so maybe next time!

VIII. Special Thanks:

--For YRXP 3.0--

I would like to thank those who helped out on YRXP 3.0 by directly contributing their art and modding expertise, Amazigh who resprited the Last Smile, Mayu who provided hullmod icons for the new Extension Pods and the banner for Caparice Trade Co.'s Nexerelin start, and the code references I used to display the said banner, as well as the as-of-yet in development unique officer skills.

Also, I would like to thank those who were kind enough to create unofficial updates for YRXP and my other mods. Thank you for keeping them alive through these past couple of years!

Lastly I'd again like to thank Alex for always being available to answer the tough modding questions!

--For YRXP in general--

This mod was made possible only by the generosity of the community spriters who made their works available within the Kitbash Database and the Free Community Sprite Resources. You are the reason why this mod isn't made entirely out of MS paint chicken scratch (which means I wouldn't have bothered making it at all because it doesn't look good):

Tartiflette
Archibalde
HELMUT
Protonus
Axlemc131
Medikohl
Vinya
xenoargh

Mechs are heavily edited sprites from Mobile Suit Gundam: Cross Dimension.

The decals are made by these talented artists:
kaya8
gla
baba seimaijo
nagare
atou tsubaki
nyxview
roke
jnstudio
nyanpyoun
myo ne, arknights
waterkuma
shanyao jiang totoro
ran

Special art for commodities, structures and hullmods:
Kobayashi-san no Maidragon by Cool Kyoushinja
CD Art from Akatsuki Records
Tamomoko
koruri
tomono rui
g.haruka
okita
moyashi

Sounds:
Taira Komori, taira-komori.jpn.org
Kyutwo (great anime sounds!)
C&C Red alert sounds

For coding and internals-related help:
Alex
Sinosauropteryx
Histidine
Sundog
Mayu

For scripts and references (especially on faction creation):
Mayu (Dialog insert images)
Tartiflette (Diable Avionics)
Dark.Revenant (Interstellar Imperium, Ship/Weapon Pack, Black Magic that makes all my problems go away)
Vayra (High Value Bounty integration)

Of course, a big thank you to the Starsector team, who created this wonderful game that has already claimed hundreds of hours of my life. Since I discovered it around a month ago.

And finally, you. Thank you for trying out YRXP. I hope you enjoy it!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 12:55:29 PM by creature »

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.0.01 || Ship and Weapons Pack
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 07:16:07 AM »

[polka intensifies]
Nice work!
On the left half of the Bell curve

Elementony33

• Ensign
  • Doin yo mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 07:22:04 AM »

Thank you for teaching me what itasha is

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 08:19:06 AM »

10/10, mod of the year.

RAINBOWS!

I'm not so sure on it not being lore-friendly. There is no stealth in space, so why not be fabulous? :P

- Find a way to stop mounting a makeshift shield generator onto these ships.
Why not just make them pink instead? :P

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 02:11:59 PM »

Thanks for the warm reception! ;D

Why not just make them pink instead? :P
It's actually a design decision. I wanted this line of ships to be that little bit unique by giving them alternative survival options, some of which are already in like
Spoiler
drone meatshields
[close]
but I'm also eyeing modular armor pieces like the ones you see in SCY nations. Also my headcanon says they've followed a lopsided tech tree so they have advanced miniaturiazation, armor and missiles but never discovered shield tech.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 02:19:40 PM by creature »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 02:59:10 PM »

I can see the balance argument. But lore-wise why would that stop you, the player, from going "I have all these ships with shields, I wonder if I can strap one to this?" :P

I know you can't put shields, even makeshift, on phase ships, maybe make them phase ships but not phase?

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 03:41:52 PM »

I can see the balance argument. But lore-wise why would that stop you, the player, from going "I have all these ships with shields, I wonder if I can strap one to this?" :P

I know you can't put shields, even makeshift, on phase ships, maybe make them phase ships but not phase?
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try it out.

As for the lore, maybe it can be handwaved away by saying since the standard Yuri ships were so heavily miniaturized, most could not fit the bulky (I assume) generators and related electronics that also need to span the entire ship (maybe).

In any case,
Spoiler
there are some special models that were made to fit these imported (read:monkey) model shield generators. Unfortunately, the name of the hullmod is 'makeshift', implying it was jury-rigged by the crew themselves, instead of being a substandard product bought from some black market. But oh well.
[close]

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile

Release 0.02
The Great Leap Forward

- With help from Alex, I was finally able to make the Mod Plugin work! Suddenly, a vast new horizon opens up, and here are the first fruits of this new frontier!
- Furthermore, thanks to Sinosauropteryx for teaching me how station modules work! More on that below.
- IMPORTANT: Because the mod now utilizes them, it will now require LazyLib, MagicLib and GraphicsLib!

Thank you both for your help! Know that you have made all this, and everything to come, possible!

I. Ship Updates

- IMPORTANT: The AE-592 Freighter's model was updated. This new one no longer has any VLS cells and the fighter bay was removed. Yes it's a full nerf. For now, the old model remains to prevent crashes, but please sell it off or dump it as I might fully remove it in the future. The price of the old model has been doubled to compensate for the loss (assuming ships sell for half the price). Sorry for the inconvenience.
- This update sees 3 ships given modular armor: The Picket Ship "Guardian" variant, the Aegis Cruiser and the Capital Ship. As such, their base ARMOR stat was reduced, as well as their flux dissipation.
- The biggest update, however, lies with the AE-752 Aegis Cruiser. In fact, I would like to showcase it here for you!

AE-752 Aegis Cruiser Showcase
Spoiler

So what's new? Let's find out:

You can see some interesting things immediately. The silhouette is different. But it's not because I altered the model. Both sides are fitted with Applique Armor! 4 pieces of them, in fact.
And what's this? There are some interesting icons on the right hand side of the screen! Oh yes! Having the mod plugin work meant that I could make my own hullmods! Let's take a look, shall we?

Yuri Void Warfare Doctrine
This doesn't actively do anything. Just some flavor text to describe some peculiarities about this line of ships. I did, however, use it as an anchor to make it impossible to mount the Makeshift Shield Generator on anything that has this hullmod!

Imported Shield Generator
Ah! Finally, some consistency in lore! It's basically a copy of the Makeshift Shield Generator that is unobtainable (so you can't just pop this mod in any ship). However, I also tweaked it for the theme, removing the speed malus, in favor of an even worse shield efficiency (as you can see above!)

Aegis Armor
And this. This is really the center of the Aegis Cruiser's design. The 4 armor modules make this thing extremely slow! It also covers some exhaust vents, giving you worse flux dissipation. But as you lose armor pieces, the roles reverse! You become faster, dissipate flux better, and best of all, the weapon modules covered by the armor blocks get activated! If you find yourself facing off against one of these, take care! You do not want to unload your heaviest weapons in one big salvo, only for it to unleash all of its hidden weapons once it's shed its skin!
[close]

II. New Weapons / Weapons Updates

- With the shackles of vanilla weapon sets removed, I've finally started tinkering with some more "advanced" weapon types! First off, I want to introduce the updated version of the OE-10-K Aurora Crown Long-Range Ballistic Missile (LRBM):

Spoiler
[close]

It shoots out flares at the terminal stage! Well, It's a pretty rare weapon, and it's only been so long, so very few of you might even know of its existence. Sorry for spoiling it, but there's still a lot more hidden goodies that I haven't even talked about (though you might see them in demo images)!

- Of course, there are a bunch of new weapons as well. Here's some more, to tease your tastebuds:

Spoiler

[close]

- And finally, we have a new fighter! You've already seen it in action above, but here's how it looks like up close:

IW-179 Valkyrie
by HELMUT (recolored)

III. Next Steps
- I'd like to add compatibility for version checker soon!
- I REALLY need to find a way to fix the broken fleet point counter. (Why isn't it working!? I already *doubled* everything's point cost!)
- I don't know how to implement ship AI behaviors yet, so as you might find out, the Aegis Cruiser will immediately use its ship system at the start of battle if controlled by the AI, to maximize firepower. I'll try to find a smarter activation time for this in the future.

From this point forward, the mod will be growing to a size that won't be easy to test manually like I do it, especially with the near-limitless possibilities introduced by scripting. As such, I would like to ask that if you find an error somewhere, especially crashes, please report it here. I might ask you to post your starsector.log or whatever information might help me debug, and for that, I ask your patience. I hope to deliver a rich but stable mod that you can enjoy without thinking about it too much!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 06:05:30 AM by creature »

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile

Nerf
That sucks a bit, but ok
eagle with armor modules
Kinda cool concept, i admit
rocket with flares
Interesting, i can see it in a support role

Anyway, kinda good all in all, but i don't think il'll use this m-
yeet rocket
I'll take 20
On the left half of the Bell curve

Supplius Maximus

• Ensign
    • View Profile

The aegis crashes my game when it spawns and gives me this error:

432806 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.everyframe.yrxp_AegisArmorEffect.advance(yrxp_AegisArmorEffect.java:179)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.J.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.deploy(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.DeploymentManager.Óo0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.DeploymentManager.oo0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.DeploymentManager.Ôo0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.BaseBattleStrategy.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.AdmiralAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.0.02 || Ship and Weapons Pack || Updated 10/28
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 02:26:58 PM »

The aegis crashes my game when it spawns and gives me this error...
Hey, thanks for the bug report!

Am I right in saying that you've had the Aegis Cruiser before this update? If so, I believe the error comes from the fact that the shield modules didn't exist in the model, yet the script for them is running!

I've uploaded a quickfix right now Download 0.021

Now, I believe this will only fix the crashing issue, but to get the Aegis Cruiser to actually work from that state, you will most likely need to sell yours off and buy a new one. As an apology, and thanks for posting this bug, I've set the old Aegis Cruiser's value to 3 times its old price, so you would hopefully recoup your losses and then some! By the way, you'll know that you have an old model by seeing the (obsolete) beside its name. If you don't, please tell me too! I might not have fixed the problem yet!

Supplius Maximus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.0.021 || Ship and Weapons Pack || Updated 10/29
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2019, 03:41:47 PM »

Oh, I didn't have actually have it myself, but it appeared in a fleet I was fighting. Still, thanks for the fix! This is a very enjoyable mod and I think something really great can come out of it. The one thing I would ask for is a few reskins for the ships, maybe in red or purple. Other than that, really good.

Supplius Maximus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2019, 04:06:59 PM »

With 0.021 the game crashes at startup. This is the error:

19447 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Duplicate key [yrxp_aegis_cruiser | ] while loading [data/hulls/ship_data.csv from [/Users/NAME/Desktop/Starsector.app/Contents/Resources/Java/../../../mods/YRXP]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Duplicate key [yrxp_aegis_cruiser | ] while loading [data/hulls/ship_data.csv from [/Users/NAME/Desktop/Starsector.app/Contents/Resources/Java/../../../mods/YRXP]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ÒO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2019, 04:20:50 PM »

With 0.021 the game crashes at startup. This is the error...
Sorry! A bit scatterbrained right now. Here's the real fix: DOWNLOAD

The one thing I would ask for is a few reskins for the ships, maybe in red or purple. Other than that, really good.
I'm mulling about alternate skins too! I swear I saw some sort of 'skins' folder in some of the hull folders in some mods so it might be possible, but I haven't gotten around to having a proper stab. But since you request it, I'll make sure the first one I make is either red or purple!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 04:23:51 PM by creature »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Yuri Expedition v.1.01 || Faction Pack || Major Update 11/05
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2019, 04:49:13 PM »

Major Update 1.01
Caparice Trade Co. arrives
DOWNLOAD

Important: I'm sorry to say that this major update will <break> any save with older versions of YRXP. I tried to find a way to salvage older saves, but after adding so much on top, I had to give up. Please accept my apologies. :(
So if you wish to keep playing your current save DO NOT update YRXP.

I. New Features

- The Yuri get their own faction:

Their ships will no longer be sold outside of their home system (except maybe in black markets).

Spoiler
[close]

The custom world is complete with its own special environment and industry! You want lore? Here's some lore! You can find them about northeast of Naraka.

- Training Mission/Ship showcase:

Spoiler
[close]

Now, you can try what YRXP has to offer without slogging through a new game! There's one exception, however - this simulation will NOT include the special custom ships on offer! (More on that below)

- Version Checker compatibility:

I'm not sure if it works yet, since it's my first time trying it out, but hope it does!

- Nexerelin compatibility:

The Yuri will now participate in the galactic 4X game as a minor faction! They're an isolationist group with just 1 small planet, but that's before they met you, the player! As a special gift, if you choose to start the game with Caparice Trade Co, you can choose to start with a special "super ship" selection - the AE-656 Scherle-Custom "Scorched Lily". Speaking of which...

II. Ship Updates

- This major version has seen another round of updates for existing ships. Firstly, the capital ship was remodelled - its artillery platforms have been separated into their own modules with their own (imported) shield generators! YOU NOW HAVE 3 SHIELDS ON THIS THING WTF. Secondly, the AE-656 missile destroyer received a light detachable armor at its side. The ship does NOT get the Aegis Armor trait because the extra weight is negligible.

- And, as part of the AE-656 modernization, I want to present the first reskinned ship in the Yuri catalogue!

AE-656 Scherle-Custom "Scorched Lily"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEBvO4nCDdw

This thing eats capital ships.

As promised, here is a purple reskin for Supplius Maximus! But it's not merely a reskin because underneath that purple base with sakura bud decals; it's a vastly different, unique ship in its own right! The "Scorched Lily" has THREE removable applique panels to make up for its vastly inferior base armor. But more than that, its prow was opened up to reveal a massive anti-ship cannon, the OE-51 "Sakura Splitter"! As you can see in the demo video above, the main charge splits into submunitions, which, in turn, split into yet smaller ones (with different, sparkly colors - this is important) and the thing just chews through armor like it wasn't there! Is it OP? Yeah, I guess so. Good thing only the player can have it! (if you see it elsewhere in game - that is a bug and I apologize)

That said, it has also lost all its remaining small PD slots, and a ton of its native armor, so be careful of torpedo boats!

- New fighter and gunboat ships!
IW-299 Scarlet Sky 
by HELMUT (recolored)

AE-528 Fruit Basket
by Axlemc131 &
Medikohl (recolored)

Here they are in action!
Spoiler

It's a heavy fighter you can pilot!
It features a new shipsystem that allows it to evade stuff
like you see in your animes!

It comes with a basket-shaped shield in front
and is a frigaze sized vessel with a MEDIUM ballistic slot.
[close]

III. Weapon Updates

- IE-80/OE-3 Ichirin Gun-Missile System (art by HELMUT, recolored) :

The ultimate in Yuri CIWS technology
is neither a gun nor a missile, but BOTH!

In action:
Spoiler

Never fear fighter swarms again...
...if you have MEDIUM ballistic slot

[close]

- AW-43 Sprinter LRM Array (art based on the swarmer missiles from Tartiflette's SCY nation - another great mod, give it a try if you haven't!):

When Sparklers aren't cutting it anymore...

- And more!

IV. Next steps

- Adding new custom/reskinned ships! I plan to add a some to the IBB board from Dark.Revenant's Ship/Weapons Pack!
- Maybe adding special characters you can interact with in Caparice. I want to tie at least 1 custom ship as a reward for doing something there, but I need to find out how to do it first.
- Custom quests? I want to add some in-lore NPC that asks the player to obtain some hull/weapon samples from other factions in the sector.
- Maybe even a character that, if you finish their questline, can join you as an officer? (with their custom ship)

Who knows! Just stay tuned, I guess?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 02:24:27 PM by creature »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39