Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework - Now with perks! v1.6.0  (Read 212998 times)

doll

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Quality Captains: A Skill Rework - Now with perks! v1.6.0
« Reply #285 on: March 02, 2024, 07:28:16 PM »

thank god for fixes to this game's horrible patch history

alp7292

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 06, 2024, 11:09:19 PM »

i am certain with this mod you cant get alpha cores from ordos with automated ship skill
i realized i wasnt getting any alpha cores around middle of my save then realized i picked automated ship shill
i restarted by removing mods that could be causing error one by one and tested with and without skill
at last the only  two mod that remained is console commands and quality captains defeated 5 ordos i get alpha cores without skill  and defeated 5 ordo with skill and no alpha core

Jimminy Crimbles

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 07, 2024, 12:22:52 AM »

i am certain with this mod you cant get alpha cores from ordos with automated ship skill
i realized i wasnt getting any alpha cores around middle of my save then realized i picked automated ship shill
i restarted by removing mods that could be causing error one by one and tested with and without skill
at last the only  two mod that remained is console commands and quality captains defeated 5 ordos i get alpha cores without skill  and defeated 5 ordo with skill and no alpha core

dal gave his answer on the previous page, but for some reason changing automated ships causes the drop rates on alpha cores to go wonky. if you just spec out of the skill, the drop rates go back to normal

alp7292

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 07, 2024, 12:24:00 PM »

there should be at least known issues or disclaimer in modpage i nuked my 3 week save thinking it was caused by terraforming mod then spend hours trying to troubleshoot which mod was causing it i searched on internet i am not the only one was trying to learn which mod was causing the error.

Defox13

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 13, 2024, 04:21:44 PM »

It appears that "Babylonian" milestone settings do not work to full extent.
PERK_PHASE_UNNERF setting is on by default, and it makes phase ships behave before flux nerf (no lowered speed), however when set to false the behaviour doesn't change (it should switch to 25% (default) speed buff, but instead you get both the speed buff and no flux slowdown.

Contrast

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 19, 2024, 08:54:24 PM »

Hi, I have a bit of an odd question. Would my only option be recompiling this mod, if I wanted to toggle the "public static boolean QCMilestonesEnabled" to false, inside of plugins/Captains_Utils.java? (Assuming that's even a possibility on my end, using just the src folder included in the download.) I've been getting an odd crash with YunruCore, and looking at the sources for both mods I'm really at a loss what could be causing a conflict. If this scuffed scorched earth solution works, I'll take it at this point.

Here's the crash log as well, maybe there's a different fix I can try that I'm not seeing:
228838 [Thread-2] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.fs.starfarer.api.characters.SkillSpecAPI.setName(String)" because the return value of "com.fs.starfarer.api.SettingsAPI.getSkillSpec(String)" is null
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.fs.starfarer.api.characters.SkillSpecAPI.setName(String)" because the return value of "com.fs.starfarer.api.SettingsAPI.getSkillSpec(String)" is null
   at dal.plugins.Captains_Utils.blankMilestones(Captains_Utils.java:747) ~[?:?]
   at dal.plugins.Captains_ModPlugin.onApplicationLoad(Captains_ModPlugin.java:21) ~[?:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source) ~[port.common_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]
   at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1575) [?:?]

EDITIER EDIT: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO A clean install of Quality Captains fixed the crash. Comparing the two, the clean install and my previous install seemingly had no difference? So I'm just going to chalk it up to black magic and move on with my life.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 05:03:42 PM by Contrast »

Misagh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 20, 2024, 09:05:28 AM »

Hi, thanks for the mod  :)

can someone help me :'(

I'm trying to edit some of the skill values in Quality Captains\data\config\LunaSettings.csv by using notepad ++ but even when i change the values nothing change in the game!  :-\
what do i miss or doing wrong ?!

values i want to change:
fuel and supply maintenance from 25% to 40%
+2 to maximum number of officers you're able to command to +5
and Full energy weapons bonus damage from 200 range and below to 500

thanks for the help

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 20, 2024, 03:17:53 PM »

Hi, thanks for the mod  :)

can someone help me :'(

I'm trying to edit some of the skill values in Quality Captains\data\config\LunaSettings.csv by using notepad ++ but even when i change the values nothing change in the game!  :-\
what do i miss or doing wrong ?!

values i want to change:
fuel and supply maintenance from 25% to 40%
+2 to maximum number of officers you're able to command to +5
and Full energy weapons bonus damage from 200 range and below to 500

thanks for the help
Just change them in the ingame settings through lunalib? If you don't have lunalib, changing those settings won't do anything anyway.

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 20, 2024, 04:58:27 PM »

Changing the settings csv WILL change the values ingame, unless you have LunaLib, in which case LunaLib's own settings will take priority; you can change those ingame or in saves/common/LunaLib.

228838 [Thread-2] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.fs.starfarer.api.characters.SkillSpecAPI.setName(String)" because the return value of "com.fs.starfarer.api.SettingsAPI.getSkillSpec(String)" is null
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.fs.starfarer.api.characters.SkillSpecAPI.setName(String)" because the return value of "com.fs.starfarer.api.SettingsAPI.getSkillSpec(String)" is null
   at dal.plugins.Captains_Utils.blankMilestones(Captains_Utils.java:747) ~[?:?]
   at dal.plugins.Captains_ModPlugin.onApplicationLoad(Captains_ModPlugin.java:21) ~[?:?]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source) ~[port_obf.jar:?]

This is a pretty odd edge case. I see that it's from my code, but I can't see why it would be breaking. Glad you got it figured out, I can only really recommended double checking that your game and QC versions match.

Rockow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 21, 2024, 01:38:03 AM »

Is there a way to disable just the changes to automated ship skill? I like everything this mod does, but if it ruins core drop rates I want to revert it back to vanilla.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]