Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod  (Read 126175 times)

Kiith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod (v3.0.3)
« Reply #165 on: January 22, 2020, 05:27:21 AM »

How does Ismara's Sling work? I've a sector with a colonised Cryovolcanic planet, with two uncolonized volcanic planets and a burnt world in it as well. Does it do anything here? And if so, do I need to build something on those other worlds?

Chewzie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 22, 2020, 05:46:05 AM »

Unknown Skies is already supported. Have you experienced any issues with US?
I have Ismara's Sling on cryovolcanic planet in the system with a "desertic" one and when its construction was completed there wasn't any popups or info windows about terraforming.

MacguffinLove

• Ensign
  • *hits pipe* Honestly, think about it rationally.
    • View Profile
    • |:^)
« Reply #167 on: January 22, 2020, 06:27:15 AM »

As far as i can tell, the Sling is broken ATM, i've made several saves with and without nex and other mods and nothing triggers.
Sumer is icumen in

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2020, 11:38:28 AM »

Not 100% sure, but I think you need to be terraforming a planet with mirrors or shades before the sling will have any effect. (aka the sling on it's own does nothing.)
So if you build the appropriate terraforming thing for your planet it might work.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2020, 02:33:42 PM »

How does Ismara's Sling work? I've a sector with a colonised Cryovolcanic planet, with two uncolonized volcanic planets and a burnt world in it as well. Does it do anything here? And if so, do I need to build something on those other worlds?

Ismara's Sling can only help terraform worlds classified as desert/arid. It would do nothing in that system.

Unknown Skies is already supported. Have you experienced any issues with US?
I have Ismara's Sling on cryovolcanic planet in the system with a "desertic" one and when its construction was completed there wasn't any popups or info windows about terraforming.

The Ismara's Sling doesn't terraform worlds by itself! You need to build stellar reflectors around the world you want to terraform, then the sling will be able to send water to complete the terraforming process.

As far as i can tell, the Sling is broken ATM, i've made several saves with and without nex and other mods and nothing triggers.

Ismara's Sling does nothing by itself! You need to build it in a system with desert/arid planets that have stellar reflectors in orbit!

Not 100% sure, but I think you need to be terraforming a planet with mirrors or shades before the sling will have any effect. (aka the sling on it's own does nothing.)
So if you build the appropriate terraforming thing for your planet it might work.

Exactly!

Chewzie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 23, 2020, 05:49:22 AM »

The Ismara's Sling doesn't terraform worlds by itself! You need to build stellar reflectors around the world you want to terraform, then the sling will be able to send water to complete the terraforming process.
But the planet in question doesn't have any lighting or temperature conditions!

Doomrider

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 23, 2020, 07:36:06 AM »

I recently found a Terran world with "Pollution" condition, but for some reason Atmosphere Adjuster could not remove it. Could you add that to the next update?

Also there's no way to remove Inimical Biosphere from a Terran or non-habitable world (yes, it can spawn on non-habitable, I have a crioolcanic planet with killer biosphere in my sector somehow).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 09:25:11 AM by Doomrider »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 23, 2020, 02:27:56 PM »

But the planet in question doesn't have any lighting or temperature conditions!

Stellar shades should be buildable on any desert/arid planet regardless of the conditions. Please let me know if this is not the case.

I recently found a Terran world with "Pollution" condition, but for some reason Atmosphere Adjuster could not remove it. Could you add that to the next update?

Also there's no way to remove Inimical Biosphere from a Terran or non-habitable world (yes, it can spawn on non-habitable, I have a crioolcanic planet with killer biosphere in my sector somehow).

Atmosphere adjuster does not remove the pollution condition as it involves soil/groundwater and radiological contamination. Perhaps I will add a setting to enable removal of pollution though due to the number of requests for this feature.

Terraforming a planet should always remove inimical biosphere. If it doesn't, please let me know as that is a bug. The only planet type that it cannot be removed from is a terran world, as you cannot terraform a planet that is already a terran type. If procedurally generated terran worlds can have an inimical biosphere, please let me know and I will add a means of removing it. Thank you!

Doomrider

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 23, 2020, 03:21:42 PM »

If procedurally generated terran worlds can have an inimical biosphere, please let me know and I will add a means of removing it. Thank you!
Well at least with Nexrelin generation they can. I'm letting you know then.

Darkspire91

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 23, 2020, 08:26:27 PM »

Attempting to open the add industry/structure window in orbital stations with no planets (Star Fortress Requiem, Prism Freeport, etc) crashes the game and gives me this:

211333 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at kentington.diyplanets.TerraformIndustryNeedsArtifact.isAvailableToBuild(TerraformIndustryNeedsArtifact.java:245)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.updateTable(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.createUI(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryListPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Since it mentions terraforming, I assume it's this mod that's causing the issue.

Donahue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 24, 2020, 05:23:52 AM »

Attempting to open the add industry/structure window in orbital stations with no planets (Star Fortress Requiem, Prism Freeport, etc) crashes the game and gives me this:

211333 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at kentington.diyplanets.TerraformIndustryNeedsArtifact.isAvailableToBuild(TerraformIndustryNeedsArtifact.java:245)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.updateTable(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.createUI(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryListPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Since it mentions terraforming, I assume it's this mod that's causing the issue.

Not quite, if you would read "kentington.diyplanets.TerraformIndustryNeedsArtifact.isAvailableToBuild(TerraformIndustryNeedsArtifact.java:245)"

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 24, 2020, 07:38:16 AM »

If procedurally generated terran worlds can have an inimical biosphere, please let me know and I will add a means of removing it. Thank you!
Terran planets (hab4) do not have anything in the vanilla procgen to give them the inimical condition.
They have literally nothing - blank entries, with no by-type overrides.
I'm fairly sure it's not possible in vanilla.
Unknown Skies doesn't alter the vanilla condition gens at all, so it's not that either.
No idea if Nexerelin does or not as I don't use it.

Interestingly inimical can appear almost anywhere else....

Spoiler
Hab3 worlds, Terran E, Ocean, Arid and Tundra theres a 1:10 chance of getting it.
Jungle is also a hab3, but is 'special' because it gets a 1:2 chance due to it's override.

Hab2 Desert worlds, and Hab1 Barren Deserts both get a 1:100 chance.
Frozen/Ice worlds also get 1:100, as do Cryovolcanics.

Gas giants get a 1:500 chance.
Volcanic, Barren and Toxic all get 1:1000.
Irradiated worlds get a 1:10000 chance of getting it.
[close]

Darkspire91

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 24, 2020, 11:46:16 AM »

Not quite, if you would read "kentington.diyplanets.TerraformIndustryNeedsArtifact.isAvailableToBuild(TerraformIndustryNeedsArtifact.java:245)"

Huh, I thought I got rid of that. Good eye.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 24, 2020, 02:17:46 PM »

Terran planets (hab4) do not have anything in the vanilla procgen to give them the inimical condition.
They have literally nothing - blank entries, with no by-type overrides.
I'm fairly sure it's not possible in vanilla.
Unknown Skies doesn't alter the vanilla condition gens at all, so it's not that either.
No idea if Nexerelin does or not as I don't use it.

Interestingly inimical can appear almost anywhere else....

Spoiler
Hab3 worlds, Terran E, Ocean, Arid and Tundra theres a 1:10 chance of getting it.
Jungle is also a hab3, but is 'special' because it gets a 1:2 chance due to it's override.

Hab2 Desert worlds, and Hab1 Barren Deserts both get a 1:100 chance.
Frozen/Ice worlds also get 1:100, as do Cryovolcanics.

Gas giants get a 1:500 chance.
Volcanic, Barren and Toxic all get 1:1000.
Irradiated worlds get a 1:10000 chance of getting it.
[close]

This is good to know. Perhaps I will enable the MUD for use on terran planets, that way it can be used to remove inimical biosphere from terran eccentric planets or from terran planets created with inimical biosphere by other mods. Thanks again for your help Serenitis!

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 26, 2020, 01:46:19 PM »

Is it possible to have the Sling grayed out (disabled) until the reflectors are built?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24