Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod  (Read 126195 times)

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod (v3.0.2)
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2020, 05:41:16 PM »

I have the Miller-Urey Device in my inventory, but I don't have any specials or anything to use it, and I've tried scrolled through them, but I've found nothing.

The activation button can only be used from space, in the overhead map.  It cannot be activated while landed on a planet. 

Malleator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod (v3.0.2)
« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2020, 06:12:13 AM »

Yeah, I'm looking at what perhaps could better be described as a skill bar as opposed to specials, the bar with things like Distress Call. Still, I don't see anything. I suspect maybe the Hyperjump mod I have installed may be overriding it?

Currently I've added the euteck condition via the addcondition command to a planet to see what happens as a workaround.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod (v3.0.3)
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2020, 07:43:21 AM »

Overriding the planetary shield to provide radiation protection will introduce incompatibilities with other mods that make changes to it, so I want to avoid doing this. I will look into adding a separate structure using the planetary shield art assets to provide radiation protection. It might not be feasible, so no promises yet!

I've taken a look and it seems you can only have a single planetary shield texture active at one time. If I implement a radiation shield, it will be incompatible with the existing planetary shield or any other mods that make use of the shield texture feature. I don't have a good sprite to create a radiation shield entity, and even if I did it might create too much clutter around planets with stellar reflectors and orbital stations.

if I knew how to upload images i could show you.  :(

If your on/in hyperspace the button is grayed out. However if your mouse cursor crosses the button it crashes to desktop.

btw i really like your mods. and thanks for adding support for fds!

I've figured out what's causing the crash and I'll update my gate construction mod soon to fix it. Thank you for letting me know about this, and I'm glad you're enjoying my mods!

Yeah, I'm looking at what perhaps could better be described as a skill bar as opposed to specials, the bar with things like Distress Call. Still, I don't see anything. I suspect maybe the Hyperjump mod I have installed may be overriding it?

Currently I've added the euteck condition via the addcondition command to a planet to see what happens as a workaround.

Your skill bar has a little button that says "lock" near it in the button right corner. Make sure that button is deactivated, then right click on any ability in your skill bar (ex. transponder enable/disable, or any other one). You will see a menu pop up with all your skills. Mouse over them until you see the "Active Miller-Urey Device" ability and then click it to add it to your bar. Now you can use it!

DifficultyTweak

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2020, 08:36:22 AM »

Any chance of this working with Unknown Skies somewhere down the line?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2020, 08:46:09 AM »

Unknown Skies is already supported. Have you experienced any issues with US?

DifficultyTweak

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2020, 08:52:12 AM »

Oh, ***, I thought it wasn't. Nevermind, lmfao

Malaise

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2020, 10:03:59 AM »

What happens if you use terraforming device to restore Mairaath? Will I become Mayasura hero?:p

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2020, 10:58:01 AM »

What happens if you use terraforming device to restore Mairaath? Will I become Mayasura hero?:p

Not until you rebuild the three astropoli! I wonder who might have created a mod that allows that?

DifficultyTweak

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2020, 10:58:20 PM »

Actually, after having played with the mod for a bit, why are rocky ice worlds disqualified from using ismara's sling?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2020, 03:09:25 AM »

Actually, after having played with the mod for a bit, why are rocky ice worlds disqualified from using ismara's sling?

To create an ocean on another planet, you need an immense amount of water-ice. The three planet types Ismara's Sling can be build on (frozen, cryovolcanic and water) have a large portion of their mass composed of water. Rocky ice planets and the rest of the planet types do not. For example, the water on Earth is only .05% of Earth's mass, despite the fact that Earth is largely covered in oceans.

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 20, 2020, 06:17:48 PM »

Found a small bug where Spaceports aren't considered functional when it's upgrading, preventing you from creating stellar mirrors/shades.

Donahue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 21, 2020, 02:18:40 AM »

It seems I need to keep the mirrors in place permanently after the terraforming is completed but I can remove the drone nexus in another body.  This is how it supposed to be?

SarenSoran

• Ensign
  • Just a Doomer coming through
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 21, 2020, 01:08:16 PM »

so i have a question
does it break saves if i update from 2.4 to the current update?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 21, 2020, 02:23:47 PM »

Found a small bug where Spaceports aren't considered functional when it's upgrading, preventing you from creating stellar mirrors/shades.

Yup, that's a bug. I will issue a fix in the next patch. Thanks for letting me know about this!

It seems I need to keep the mirrors in place permanently after the terraforming is completed but I can remove the drone nexus in another body.  This is how it supposed to be?

Yes. Once the water is on the planet, it will stay there forever (in most cases, stellar wind strips atmosphere so slowly that it's not relevant in human timescales).

so i have a question
does it break saves if i update from 2.4 to the current update?

It does not break saves, but it also doesn't retroactively fix ghost planets or apply changes to old content. You could make a backup of the old 2.4 version before updating if you're concerned about your save.

SarenSoran

• Ensign
  • Just a Doomer coming through
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 21, 2020, 05:12:57 PM »

thx for the quick reply mate, gonna do that
and i had no terraforming done yet, so i shouldn't have any ghost planets, neat
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24