Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod  (Read 126168 times)

Hoakin Blackforge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod (v2.0.2)
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2019, 08:04:08 AM »

So, i terraformed 2 of my most productive planets, then suddenly they lost their ultrarich metal qualities.

What the ***. Thanks for making me lose hours of progress.

Unremarkable

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2019, 11:03:26 AM »

I've run into two issues.

First, I'm unable to EUTECK this little planet with Mother Night: https://i.imgur.com/rzhXLpc.png
When I hold position over the planet it always orbits Mother Night instead of the planet.

I was able to colonize the other barren world in that screenshot and EUTECK it instead.

Second, my terraforming progress seems to reset every time I reload. I have two saves that are 8 months apart and they both say "Approximately 11 months remaining until terraforming is completed". It does seem to make progress as long as I stay in the game, it just doesn't seem to save.

Edit: Saw a previous comment about this. Seems like `isInOrNearSystem` radius is 1ly. May be the case that mechanics were changed since the comment was made, but spending three days outside of this radius did not allow the colony to terraform.

The issue with terraforming progress being reset was unrelated to the distance from the planet. It's fixed in the new 2.0.2 release.

That planet you're trying to E.U.T.E.C.K. is likely too small for your fleet to get into orbit. You got into orbit around the larger planet nearby instead. This happens with Hanan Pacha and Killa in the Yma system as well. I think this is a bug with the vanilla game as I doubt the developers intended for certain planets to be impossible for the player to orbit. I'm going to be changing the orbital requirement to a distance check which should work around this problem.

Thank you for letting me know about this! The progress reset bug was pretty serious and I'm embarrassed I didn't catch it sooner!

It seems like your changes fixed terraforming started after the patch but if it was started pre-2.0.2 then progress is still lost on load. I have two planets, one of which built a Stellar Mirror Array long before I applied the patch, and another that I built Stellar Shade Array on immediately after applying the patch. The planet that I built the array on post-patch now has a mild climate, but the planet I build the array on pre-patch still has a cold climate. Is there anything that I can do about this?

Unremarkable

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2019, 12:25:38 PM »

It seems like your changes fixed terraforming started after the patch but if it was started pre-2.0.2 then progress is still lost on load. I have two planets, one of which built a Stellar Mirror Array long before I applied the patch, and another that I built Stellar Shade Array on immediately after applying the patch. The planet that I built the array on post-patch now has a mild climate, but the planet I build the array on pre-patch still has a cold climate. Is there anything that I can do about this?

Actually, I may have been mistaken. I think the tool-tip description for the Stellar Mirror has changed. Currently it reads: "<name> has an array of stellar mirrors in orbit. Without the mirrors, environmental conditions would begin to deteriorate." I think previously it included a sentence about it taking up to two cycles for changes to occur. Despite this, the planet still has Extreme Cold.

https://i.imgur.com/LzPKO5l.png

Tool-tips disappear when I take a screenshot, sorry!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2019, 04:23:00 PM »

Actually, I may have been mistaken. I think the tool-tip description for the Stellar Mirror has changed. Currently it reads: "<name> has an array of stellar mirrors in orbit. Without the mirrors, environmental conditions would begin to deteriorate." I think previously it included a sentence about it taking up to two cycles for changes to occur. Despite this, the planet still has Extreme Cold.

https://i.imgur.com/LzPKO5l.png

Tool-tips disappear when I take a screenshot, sorry!

When you build a reflector, most planets have an immediate effect of removing the hot/cold/poor light condition, and then certain planet types can be terraformed two cycles later. Cryovolanic and frozen planets have no immediate changes, but two cycles later are terraformed to a water planet. I will update the tooltips to make it clear that there should be no immediate changes to frozen or cryovolanic planets when a mirror array is built. If there isn't a countdown to terraforming on frozen or cryovolcanic planets on the stellar mirror array industry, please let me know as that would be a bug. That planet named "Second" in your screenshot should turn into a water world in two cycles, and the industry tooltip should be counting down month by month. Thank you for your continued help with testing!

witchking321

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod (v2.1.1)
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2019, 06:20:30 PM »

Thank you for your mod but i kinda have an issue right now.

Previously i terraformed 4 barren/toxic planets with euteck kits which worked flawless except the already known ghost planet name bug and i also constructed a mining and siphon station with your other mod with no problem. Started the construction of astropoli on my 2 biggest planets.

Version checker showed me another update and i deleted the old mod and downloaded the new version like the last few days. I started the game and everything was working fine but i had one tundra and 2 cryovolcanic planets under terraforming process with mirrors. A third planet which was one my terraformed planets had now the option to build astropoli too which i did and the patch notes mentioned a bug fix.

Anyway the terraforming on my cryo and tundra world were completed at the same time and the cyro became a water world while tundra a terran planet but my intel screen is now under siege by constant messages that those two planets are finished with terraforming. I think i get like 20 messages per second alternating between those two planets. The tundra planet was the first of the two astropoli worlds and the station is still there after the terraforming.

Alavaria

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2019, 01:50:35 AM »

Cryovolanic and frozen planets have no immediate changes, but two cycles later are terraformed to a water planet. I will update the tooltips to make it clear that there should be no immediate changes to frozen or cryovolanic planets when a mirror array is built.
That is interesting since I have a frozen planet that is 11 months away from finishing the terraforming, but already "lost" 75% worth of hazard, presumably Poor Light (25%) and Extreme Cold (50%) as it's only remaining conditions are its ore/volatiles.

Your Stellar Mirror/Shade building tooltip says that things like Toxic or Irradiated are fixed by terraforming, though those show up on Toxic and (I think) Barren Irradiated worlds, which aren't terraformable by the mirrors/shades?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 01:53:17 AM by Alavaria »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2019, 08:47:26 AM »

Cryovolanic and frozen planets have no immediate changes, but two cycles later are terraformed to a water planet. I will update the tooltips to make it clear that there should be no immediate changes to frozen or cryovolanic planets when a mirror array is built.
That is interesting since I have a frozen planet that is 11 months away from finishing the terraforming, but already "lost" 75% worth of hazard, presumably Poor Light (25%) and Extreme Cold (50%) as it's only remaining conditions are its ore/volatiles.

Your Stellar Mirror/Shade building tooltip says that things like Toxic or Irradiated are fixed by terraforming, though those show up on Toxic and (I think) Barren Irradiated worlds, which aren't terraformable by the mirrors/shades?

The effects on frozen/cryovolcanic planets have been made immediate to reduce player confusion. I forgot to add a note to the changelog. Sorry about this!

Is it impossible for a jungle/frozen/desert/cryovolcanic/tundra world to be generated with toxic atmosphere or irradiated conditions? If so, let me know and I will remove those things from the list. You cannot terraform toxic or irradiated planet types with stellar reflectors. You need a E.U.T.E.C.K. for that.

witchking321

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod (v2.1.2)
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2019, 03:11:04 PM »

Thanks for the hotfix.

The intel bug is fixed but it seems my save is ruined anyway. Somehow tons of ghost planets were generated from those terraformed planets.
I didn't noticed it immediately because i was away from my colony waging war against the church but i did felt the performance was worse but i blamed my astropli spam first.
When i tried to look at my colonies from the intel panel there was massive lag and when i finally arrived at my system and hovered my mouse over the jump point i saw an endless list of those two ghost planets and when i tried to enter my system the game speed turned into an utter crawl.

Not sure if the previous or current version is at fault at it. I played the previous one for 12 months until my planets terraformed and had the intel bug happen and i played another few months with the current version because the church proved them self stubborn but a worse performance was there from the very first second.

Not sure if the previous one created all those ghost planets and the current version is safe.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2019, 05:26:58 PM »

Thanks for the hotfix.

The intel bug is fixed but it seems my save is ruined anyway. Somehow tons of ghost planets were generated from those terraformed planets.
I didn't noticed it immediately because i was away from my colony waging war against the church but i did felt the performance was worse but i blamed my astropli spam first.
When i tried to look at my colonies from the intel panel there was massive lag and when i finally arrived at my system and hovered my mouse over the jump point i saw an endless list of those two ghost planets and when i tried to enter my system the game speed turned into an utter crawl.

Not sure if the previous or current version is at fault at it. I played the previous one for 12 months until my planets terraformed and had the intel bug happen and i played another few months with the current version because the church proved them self stubborn but a worse performance was there from the very first second.

Not sure if the previous one created all those ghost planets and the current version is safe.

The hotfix prevents the bug from happening in the future but doesn't remove any ghost planets created using the bugged version.

If you want to try to fix your old save, I wrote some code for you to remove all the ghost planets. Using the console commands mod, paste the below code in while you're in the system with all the ghost planets. Please let me know whether this works. Make sure you back up your save before using this. Sorry about the bug!

Code
RunCode import java.util.*; Iterator allEntities = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().getStarSystem().getAllEntities().iterator(); List <SectorEntityToken> targetPlanets = new ArrayList<SectorEntityToken>(); while(allEntities.hasNext()){SectorEntityToken entity = (SectorEntityToken)allEntities.next();if (entity instanceof PlanetAPI && entity.getRadius() == 0){targetPlanets.add(entity);}}for(int i = 0; i < targetPlanets.size(); i++){Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().getStarSystem().removeEntity(((SectorEntityToken)targetPlanets.get(i)));}

witchking321

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2019, 08:33:51 AM »

Thanks for the hotfix.

The hotfix prevents the bug from happening in the future but doesn't remove any ghost planets created using the bugged version.

If you want to try to fix your old save, I wrote some code for you to remove all the ghost planets. Using the console commands mod, paste the below code in while you're in the system with all the ghost planets. Please let me know whether this works. Make sure you back up your save before using this. Sorry about the bug!

Code
RunCode import java.util.*; Iterator allEntities = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().getStarSystem().getAllEntities().iterator(); List <SectorEntityToken> targetPlanets = new ArrayList<SectorEntityToken>(); while(allEntities.hasNext()){SectorEntityToken entity = (SectorEntityToken)allEntities.next();if (entity instanceof PlanetAPI && entity.getRadius() == 0){targetPlanets.add(entity);}}for(int i = 0; i < targetPlanets.size(); i++){Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().getStarSystem().removeEntity(((SectorEntityToken)targetPlanets.get(i)));}

This is a bit awkward but i already deleted my old save because i wanted to add/swap faction mods and download unknown skies since your 2.1 patch made them fully compatible.  ;D

Thanks for your help anyway.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2019, 05:16:07 AM »

Is it impossible for a jungle/frozen/desert/cryovolcanic/tundra world to be generated with toxic atmosphere or irradiated conditions?
Both toxic and irradiated cannot be procgened on any world which has the habitable condition.
(Both set as requiresNotAny = "habitable")

PlanetToxicRadiated
JungleNoNo
FrozenYesNo
DesertNoNo
CryoYesNo
TundraNoNo

Irradiated can be overidden by generation if the world is in a system with a neutron star as the primary, in which case all planets will be irradiated.
(Oddly, this does not apply if the neutron star is not the first star in the system. Normal rules apply if this is the case.)
As far as I'm aware, the only habitable planet that can generate around a neutron star is hab_2. Aka, Desert.

Jungle & Tundra can never have toxic or irradiated.
Desert can never have toxic. And can only be irradiated if it's orbiting a neutron star.
Frozen & Cryo can both have toxic. And can only be irradiated if they're orbiting a neutron star.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2019, 06:35:25 AM »

Is it impossible for a jungle/frozen/desert/cryovolcanic/tundra world to be generated with toxic atmosphere or irradiated conditions?
Both toxic and irradiated cannot be procgened on any world which has the habitable condition.
(Both set as requiresNotAny = "habitable")

PlanetToxicRadiated
JungleNoNo
FrozenYesNo
DesertNoNo
CryoYesNo
TundraNoNo

Irradiated can be overidden by generation if the world is in a system with a neutron star as the primary, in which case all planets will be irradiated.
(Oddly, this does not apply if the neutron star is not the first star in the system. Normal rules apply if this is the case.)
As far as I'm aware, the only habitable planet that can generate around a neutron star is hab_2. Aka, Desert.

Jungle & Tundra can never have toxic or irradiated.
Desert can never have toxic. And can only be irradiated if it's orbiting a neutron star.
Frozen & Cryo can both have toxic. And can only be irradiated if they're orbiting a neutron star.

Based on the above I think I could probably remove irradiated and toxic atmosphere from the list of conditions fixed by stellar reflector terraforming (but still have E.U.T.E.C.K. fix it). I'll put this change in the next patch. Thank you!

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2019, 12:59:18 PM »

E.U.T.E.C.K. is nice, but I think we could find a better name for it.  Something that reflects that it is basically a Creation Kit for a Garden of Eden. 

Oh it's right on the tip of my tongue...

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2019, 01:29:13 AM »

Genesis Device :P

Speaking of which.... Maybe consider making them a bit harder to find.
They're set to guaranteed drops for both survey ships and motherships, and it's really easy to get a stack of these things if you lean into exploration even casually.

Perhaps making the mothership a decent, but not guaranteed chance of finding one (>50%). And the survey ship a small chance (<20%).

Spoiler
Some name candidates once we're not referencing random works anymore:
Planetary Conversion Kit
Terraforge
Nanoformer
Terraforming Engine
Biosphere Formatting Tool
Environmental Assembler
[close]

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2019, 06:37:43 AM »

Genesis Device :P

Speaking of which.... Maybe consider making them a bit harder to find.
They're set to guaranteed drops for both survey ships and motherships, and it's really easy to get a stack of these things if you lean into exploration even casually.

Perhaps making the mothership a decent, but not guaranteed chance of finding one (>50%). And the survey ship a small chance (<20%).

Spoiler
Some name candidates once we're not referencing random works anymore:
Planetary Conversion Kit
Terraforge
Nanoformer
Terraforming Engine
Biosphere Formatting Tool
Environmental Assembler
[close]

Since there are only two motherships per sector, I think the mothership should 100% give the player at least one E.U.T.E.C.K. As for survey ships, are they periodically generated over time, or are there a fixed number of them as well? If there's only a limited number, I want to ensure the player gets at least a few E.U.T.E.C.K.s so 20% drop rate seems too low. The Domain probes do not drop a E.U.T.E.C.K.

As for the name, I chose that because the G.E.C.K. artwork worked fairly well for the inventory icon and because many people are already familiar with the functionality of the G.E.C.K. (which is essentially the same as the E.U.T.E.C.K). I would happily change it to something better, but I'm not an artist so I can't create custom artwork for my mods. If someone can find or create good artwork for the E.U.T.E.C.K. item for the inventory then I would gladly replace it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24