Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod  (Read 126172 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod (v2.4.0)
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2020, 04:26:57 PM »

PM sent

Bug fixed! It was a station construction bug though, so players without that mod installed don't need to update anything.

LucusLoC

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod (v2.4.0)
« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2020, 08:07:54 PM »

Sweet, I will check for an update in a bit, thanks very much.

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Boggled's Terraforming Mod (v3.0.0)
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2020, 04:14:19 PM »

First Ismara and Ithaca, now Xuthus... Penelope's Star system just keeps getting better and better.
Some might say that this mod makes it too good and essentially eliminates the need to explore for a home, but personally, I'm glad to have a nice place I can default to.

By the way, does the Atmosphere Adjuster remove pollution? I mean, if it can turn a toxic hellhole into a pristine paradise, it should be able to clean up a little smog, too. Though, I would understand if you think that the hazard from pollution comes not from the air, but whatever's on or below the surface.

Oh, and congrats on 3.0 and getting rid of the ghost planets.

SaiWave

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2020, 09:47:39 PM »

So another planet type not supported.
Crystalline planet from Hazard Mining Incorporated (HMI) mod

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2020, 02:43:02 PM »

First Ismara and Ithaca, now Xuthus... Penelope's Star system just keeps getting better and better.
Some might say that this mod makes it too good and essentially eliminates the need to explore for a home, but personally, I'm glad to have a nice place I can default to.

By the way, does the Atmosphere Adjuster remove pollution? I mean, if it can turn a toxic hellhole into a pristine paradise, it should be able to clean up a little smog, too. Though, I would understand if you think that the hazard from pollution comes not from the air, but whatever's on or below the surface.

Oh, and congrats on 3.0 and getting rid of the ghost planets.

The atmosphere adjuster does not remove pollution. The description of pollution indicates the planet is contaminated with dioxins and radioactive particles. This is much more serious than some smog and I don't think it could be remedied so easily. However, if someone with more scientific knowledge than me wants to comment on this I will defer to them.

So another planet type not supported.
Crystalline planet from Hazard Mining Incorporated (HMI) mod

I will add support for this planet type shortly. Thank you for letting me know about this!

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2020, 04:27:44 PM »

I'm sure that a structure this potent could deal with most standard air pollution, but radioactive waste is a whole different beast, so yeah, I guess it makes sense that it can't fix it.

Also, I think my Adjuster ate my Pristine Nanoforge when it uninstalled itself. Couldn't find it in the storage or anywhere else.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2020, 04:56:06 PM »

I'm sure that a structure this potent could deal with most standard air pollution, but radioactive waste is a whole different beast, so yeah, I guess it makes sense that it can't fix it.

Also, I think my Adjuster ate my Pristine Nanoforge when it uninstalled itself. Couldn't find it in the storage or anywhere else.

Huh. If this is happening I know how to fix it so it will be taken care of in the next patch. Thanks for reporting this!

If you want to correct this immediately, you can use the console command below to add a pristine nanoforge to your inventory:
Code
addspecial pristine_nanoforge
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 04:58:33 PM by boggled »

Sixhair

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2020, 05:28:29 PM »

Dont understand how to build a drone control nexus on orbital station.
Understand you need supplies and fuel, but how do you use ship hulls?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2020, 05:39:26 PM »

Dont understand how to build a drone control nexus on orbital station.
Understand you need supplies and fuel, but how do you use ship hulls?

Supplies, fuel and ship hulls are the commodity demand of the industry once you build it. To build it, you only need credits.

Sixhair

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2020, 05:47:42 PM »

For the life of me, I cant find where the "Build Drone Control Nexus" is

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2020, 05:51:28 PM »

If you want to correct this immediately, you can use the console command below to add a pristine nanoforge to your inventory:
Code
addspecial pristine_nanoforge
That's exactly what I did right after getting the bug.
Good luck fixing it!
For the life of me, I cant find where the "Build Drone Control Nexus" is
You sure you don't have Orbital Stations mixed up with station markets?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 05:56:08 PM by Uhlang »

Sixhair

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2020, 07:34:35 PM »

Yes, I have an orbital station around my Arid planet, and land on it as the explanation suggests. Don't know where to go from there though
Ok maybe im dumb, but after 5 hours, I still cant find it. I have orbital stations around 2 desert planets + solar shades and still stuck.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 09:49:01 PM by Sixhair »

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2020, 03:04:39 AM »

Yes, I have an orbital station around my Arid planet, and land on it as the explanation suggests. Don't know where to go from there though
Ok maybe im dumb, but after 5 hours, I still cant find it. I have orbital stations around 2 desert planets + solar shades and still stuck.
It's not Orbital Stations you need, but station markets, i.e. non-planet colonies such as mining stations, siphon stations, astropoli, or orbital habitats.
Get this other mod by the creator of this one and construct any one of those in the system. You should be able to build the Drone Control Nexus on them.

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2020, 03:32:35 AM »

Maybe I'm just bad at reading directions, but how exactly do we use Ismara's Sling?

Does it work automatically or do I need to push more buttons?  How does it work?  Does it turn desert into arid or arid into terran?  How long does it take to work?  How do I know/chose which planets it targets? 

It seems like a terrific tool by its description - in theory, I could use in in lieu of finding several terraformer modules if I've got one ice planet and a bunch of deserts in the same system.  I just don't know how to actually do it, however.

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 14, 2020, 04:01:47 AM »

1. Build a sling on a water/ice planet.
2. Build shades on an arid/desert planet in the same system.
3. Wait 2 cycles for the arid/desert planet to become terran. You can mouse over the shades in the arid/desert planet to see how much time there's left.
4. (Optional but recommended) Uninstall the sling once all the arid/desert planets in the system are terraformed. It won't affect the planets.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24