Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Gifting AI controlled colonies.  (Read 1775 times)

LucusLoC

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Gifting AI controlled colonies.
« on: October 22, 2019, 04:22:20 PM »

Hey all, I have a question about gifting colonies. I see that this seems to be a thing you can do, but I am not sure if it requires a mod. I cannot find a way to do it in the vanilla game. (if it is a mod, can I install that mod after the game is started?)

The second part of this question is is there any drawback to gifting an AI managed colony? Do the other factions leave it in place?

As far as strategy is concerned, should I sell off all the local production on the colony? Build expensive industries that consume raw materials? What is the best way to make the colony most profitable to me by giving it away?

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Gifting AI controlled colonies.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 04:28:19 PM »

It's a Nexerelin feature, although I only use it to give a fortress world to whomever I'm commissioned with, for the various benefits (mainly because I also use the Commissioned Crew mod).

I don't think there's a way to turn a profit off of gifting a planet, and if there is it's most likely unintended.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 04:39:24 PM »

I tend to strip planets of industries for cash except maybe heavy industry if I want to raid for blueprints. I actually don't know if leaving industries that consume a lot can make you a lot money by increasing demand, I've never tested it. All of that assumes you are playing with nexerelin though, you can't capture colonies in vanilla.

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 03:16:58 PM »

Build heavy industry, sell everything else. Give it to the faction you hate the most. Raid it repeatidly untill you dotn get blueprint anymore. If its smaller than size 5 you can then capture and abandon, or you can just leave it to decivilize