Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What would be the smallest type of ship that could handle an average Ordo fleet?  (Read 1175 times)

DrPhat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

High danger area? I'm talking min-maxed safety override command and control 3 coordinated maneuvers 3 full out kill em asap as many ships on field as possible. Frigates? Destroyers? Cruiser?

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Drover, with broadswords talons and some claws; also chain deployed player controlled Harbinger, I don’t think any other ship that is not a capital can do it.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile

Good quality frigates would do i think. But like, good quality, not some pirate frigate-turned Dram or something.

Depend if we speak about numbers. 3? 10? Full fleet or even enchanced size fleet?

DrPhat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I mean a 300 DP fleet. Maybe you can't have enough frigates to use all 300... Ideally no chain deploying or any shenanigans quick and dirty as fast as possible. I think ballistic anti shield weapons with harpoons would do well.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 01:12:32 AM by DrPhat »

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I don’t think you can do it with frigates, without your own fighters the Remnant fighters will cut you down. A wing of sparks will kill a frigate in 2 salvos if they hit armor, and take a huge chuck off of flux if its shields are up.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 01:15:24 AM by goduranus »

DrPhat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I don’t think you can do it with frigates, without your own fighters the Remnant fighters will cut you down. A wing of sparks will kill a frigate in 2 salvos if they hit armor, and take a huge chuck off of flux if its shields are up.

But like, if you had ECM advantage of 25 and idk 20 frigates with long range and accurate guns and their super fast. They could take out the wings pretty quickly. Maybe 30 shades with 3 burst pd and harpoons. Those would be a threat with their emp. IDK how you would get them to the battle though.

I'm sure 10 Shades with 10 Tempest and 9 Hyperion would come close.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 01:53:20 AM by DrPhat »

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Harbinger with 3 phase lances can wipe out any ordo ship with careful piloting and some ships to distract. Hit engines first then just mop up as only radiant got some rear facing weapons.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Harbinger with 3 phase lances can wipe out any ordo ship with careful piloting and some ships to distract. Hit engines first then just mop up as only radiant got some rear facing weapons.

Radiant can instantly rotate to you at any moment using phase skimmer, even with disabled engines. Trying to get to it's rear is utterly pointless for single attacker.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile

True but skimmer need time to charge and phase ship is ideal for distracting the radiant. Radiant with flamed engine will spam skimmer charges to zero so it is not useless to strike engines.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Safety overdriven Hammerheads with appropriate officers just obliterate Ordos on the default 120/180 battle size. Quite fast in real time, too, so farming doesn't feel too grueling.