Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: More Realistic  (Read 11188 times)

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: More Realistic
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2019, 09:24:03 AM »

What details of your earlier post did I get incorrect? I would like to know so as to rectify it.

Like I wrote earlier, I wrote the stuff about mods so we have a common base for discussion. It's not a dig at you. You can ignore my words the mods stuff if you like. If we cannot delve into code, we only have our observations. You and Megas and I are 3 points of observation so it needs to be as reliable as possible, otherwise how can we talk about availabilty and how we would prefer availability to be? Anyways, you may have seen an Onslaught in a black market, possibly Jangala. Megas has seen own colonies size 7 with a Paragon on the open market. You profess to be happy with how cruisers are available, except for doom and aurora. Doom is rare, not sure about aurora. All phase ships count as one size up for rep needed for commission as it stands anways. Not sure about Aurora, though oddly enough Drover needs counts for one size up as well.

So, I wondered why you seem to be unhappy with ship availabilty? Since availabilty is at roughly the level you want, I cannot figure out why you seem unhappy about it. As I written before, I don't really care too much about access to ships either way. It seems fine to me at the moment. Except Odyssey and Medusa seem impossible to buy. I only replied because you put in effort about ship availability and codex descriptions and what you thought about their relationship, so I thought it would be interesting to explore that line of thought further.

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2019, 11:21:13 AM »

What details of your earlier post did I get incorrect? I would like to know so as to rectify it.

Like I wrote earlier, I wrote the stuff about mods so we have a common base for discussion. It's not a dig at you. You can ignore my words the mods stuff if you like. If we cannot delve into code, we only have our observations. You and Megas and I are 3 points of observation so it needs to be as reliable as possible, otherwise how can we talk about availabilty and how we would prefer availability to be?

I was saying you seemed to only respond to the mod portion of it in your response. Those were the details you seemed to miss- that I wasn't talking about mods for the majority of it when your response (whether you intended it to or not) seemed to indicate I was speaking about mods for all of it. You did not qualify that in your response so anyone skimming through this discussion would get the wrong idea. Make sense?

I understand why you want to discuss unmodded vanilla though, all I was saying was that I was speaking about unmodded vanilla in the first place. Anyway:

So, I wondered why you seem to be unhappy with ship availabilty? Since availabilty is at roughly the level you want, I cannot figure out why you seem unhappy about it.

I was under impression that the availability wasn't at that level, but if it is closer to what I described than I think it is, then all the better!  :)

I haven't really had a chance to dig into it yet because I'm trying to solve the last issue before I release an update.

I'll run a vanilla campaign at some point soon and get some more updated info for the discussion.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 04:02:07 PM by Morrokain »

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2019, 01:19:31 AM »

I've never seen an Onslaught, Legion, Odyssey, Paragon or Astral for sale in military or black market in vanilla 0.9 starsector. Perhaps they do sell them, but then it would be extraordinary rare, as no-one but you can claim to ever see one. I visit Culann a lot during my games because it is the best source of phase ships. This is why I said we need to have a common base for discussion. Mods obviously don't count of the purpose of discussing ship availability.

If the mod doesn't alter the market code in any way, just adds ship, then it should.

Because in every playtrough I see top of the line ship on markets.
Interestingly enough, the only ones I haven't seen (only any market) are the ones I personally set in a faction file to be 0.1 (I broke the blueprints up into 3 groups)

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2019, 09:27:25 AM »

Of course mods don't count. Mods change more than just ship availability. Anything can discolour perception. Every now and then I see a thread discussing something that isn't an issue in the base game, but the poster writes as if it is. Most people playing mods don't even seem to remember what are vanilla weapons and vanilla ships, never mind worlds. Perhaps there is a size 7 world with capital blueprints which can sell capital ships in the open market, which doesn't otherwise exist in vanilla. Perhaps there are extra size 5 independent military markets that don't require a commission to buy capitals from, selling capitals that wouldn't otherwise be available. Perhaps extra worlds are added which have dooms and auroras that would otherwise not be available. If your mods add extra worlds, then perception of ship availablity can change, even if market code is not changed. And so the common base for discussion is lost.

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2019, 07:40:49 PM »

Ok, how would you smuggle a Nimitz carrier?

I'd stick it behind some crates in the back of the cargo hold.   ;D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]