Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: a few things  (Read 842 times)

Dread Lord Murubarda

• Commander
    • View Profile
a few things
« on: October 19, 2019, 06:36:36 AM »

suggestions:
1)in the sensor profile and sensor strength F1 expanded lists I would like to know which ships have sensor arrays, insulated engines, D-mods affecting it. maybe an * for sensor array/insulated engines and a - for D-mods.

2)a "go to top" and "go to bottom" button for the ship list in the refit window

3)more saved fits
3.a)be able to toggle more ship mods to be added to every fit like cargo/fuel/crew expansions.

4)a button to assign any unassigned officers based on their level, relevant skills to that ship.

5)in the fleet window a "send ship to top/bottom" button, so I don't have to scroll up every time I'm in the civilian section

6)toggle names button in the starmap of the intel screen

7)be able hire some engineers to install and operate a small shipyard which can add and remove ship mods at abandoned starbases so that I don't have to carry all my gear to the nearest planet and then put it back.

8)"take all/give all" button for storage only

9)when I hover over a fighter I want to press F1 so that I can see their weapon stats

10)hover over assigned officer needs to show their personality type also

11)refit window : set an auto-fire range slider.  which you can also change in battle when you press CTRL+1 the slider will appear.

12)a slider to choose at what % of flux your shield will be automatically deactivated. be able to toggle this.

666)be able to take a sissy timid officer and leave them alone on a 200% hazard planet, if they survive after a month they are steady, or the harsh world made them reckless, or they died, or they killed themselves or they will simply pretend to be better, but try to kill you in your sleep and take over your fleet, but you survived the assassination attempt and, as you're about to execute them, they give the speech of a life time and your crew mutinies, you now get left on a 200% hazard planet with few loyalists(if u fight a lot, ur reckless officers will join u, if u trade/explore ur steady/timid ones will join you) - you now get the option to import ur character + loyal officers into rimworld and continue there. only after you built the spaceship you will be able to go back. now your old fleet has joined the pirates. someone from aboard your old flagship keeps sending you their coordinates/future targets on your e-mail, which they hoped u might be able to get to one day. they also wanted to join you, but they were afraid. your reputation with all the factions will drop based on what your fleet is doing, it seems your old pals are also framing you for their piracy. you will need to either slowly work your way up with the factions, or go hunt down your former officers and then prove your innocence. your old fleet has converted some ships to the pirate (P) variant and you will find many D-mods also. it seems they were a bunch of bloodthirsty fools whom where kept in check by your presence all these years. in the final battle with your old fleet some ships will  break formation and join your side, after you win you will get a choice between making restitutions and getting a good faction reputation improvement or keeping all their pirate loot and going to 0 reputation with all, including the pirate faction.
you now tour the sector giving speeches about overcoming impossible odds and about the hazards of forcing a trial by fire on your friends and officers.

Dread Lord Murubarda

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: a few things
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 07:48:25 AM »

13)inventory/market/storage : more buttons to show, like in the codex, ballistic/energy/missile weapons and also HE/kinetic/beam etc.
sort them by price also
be able to favorite certain weapons
wishlist them from codex and/or from inventory

14)make ship explosions optional, or reduce them by a lot, sometimes I pause right when a ship explodes and the screen is blinding me
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 08:23:20 AM by Dread Lord Murubarda »

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 12:21:07 PM »

The sensor profile etc is your 5 largest and strongest ships. So you can check each and modifying it mighht not have the effect you think

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 12:51:31 PM »

4)a button to assign any unassigned officers based on their level, relevant skills to that ship.
There's already an auto-assign, though I have no idea how considerate it is.

9)when I hover over a fighter I want to press F1 so that I can see their weapon stats
Isn't F1 in this situation used for expanding the wing's tooltip already? It would be weird to need a second tooltip button just for fighter tooltips.
Aside from that, in vanilla, all fighter weapons are identical to those you find on ships, except for high delay ion cannon and IR pulse laser (which have 50% of their usual rate of fire) and talon swarmers (fewer missiles). I wouldn't mind a separate tab in the codex for fighter weapons, though.

Is that not already the case? Look closely.

14)make ship explosions optional, or reduce them by a lot, sometimes I pause right when a ship explodes and the screen is blinding me
You can disable them yourself already. Go to Starsector\starsector-core\data\config directory, open the settings.json file, look for "enableShipExplosionWhiteout" line and set the value for it to "false".

Dread Lord Murubarda

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 01:44:49 PM »

The sensor profile etc is your 5 largest and strongest ships. So you can check each and modifying it mighht not have the effect you think

what I want is something like this:

+150 ISS Karamida, Mora Class  *
 +150 ISS Moros, Prometheus Class
  +45  ISS Mortii Matii, Sunder Class -

*   = high resolution sensors
-   = glitched sensor array
so now, without having to manually check each ship on that list, I can see which have buffs/debuffs on their sensor strength.

There's already an auto-assign, though I have no idea how considerate it is.
damn, I missed that.

Isn't F1 in this situation used for expanding the wing's tooltip already? It would be weird to need a second tooltip button just for fighter tooltips.
Aside from that, in vanilla, all fighter weapons are identical to those you find on ships, except for high delay ion cannon and IR pulse laser (which have 50% of their usual rate of fire) and talon swarmers (fewer missiles). I wouldn't mind a separate tab in the codex for fighter weapons, though.

atm the tooltip appears if you simply over the wing, no need to F1.

for new players who don't know the weapons by heart, it's quite annoying having to go to the codex. what I'm saying is when the tooltip is shown once you hover the fighters in the refit window, you should be able to F1 and their weapon stats will appear on the right of the original tooltip.

Is that not already the case? Look closely.
I missed it also, lol. already got like 80 hours at least in the game, though most was spent in the SIM.

You can disable them yourself already. Go to Starsector\starsector-core\data\config directory, open the settings.json file, look for "enableShipExplosionWhiteout" line and set the value for it to "false".
thx. would be nice if the option was already in the settings, I tend to avoid dabbling with config files, I am tempted to change all sorts of things once I open it.

also... I would have to close the game in order to go into the json file, see my predicament?