Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: (lowest priority) 0.34a Preview 2 - Ship Icon scale vs Selection Ring scale  (Read 4165 times)

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile

This is a very minor bug, and has a viable workaround, and only applies to modders.

Ship icons, when rendered for active ships in the War Room, are scaled appropriately; however the selection ring which appears for selected ships appears to use the non-scaled size of the original sprite to determine its radius. Preferably it would use the scaled size instead.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

The ring size is based on the shield radius of the ship, and is scaled. Is it possible that you didn't tweak the shield radius?

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile

I've confirmed that the ring size changed while keeping shield radius the same. Only thing I changed was the ship icon sprite dimensions.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hmm, right, it's not based on shield radius. Something else is :)  Fixed, I think. It was definitely scaled - but was based on the icon height. So if the icon was wider than it is tall, it might not work so well. Using the larger dimension of the icon now.

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums

ok! that explained the funky small selection ring on the phoenix I was getting >.>