Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Save progress lost  (Read 2106 times)

That Ginger Kid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Save progress lost
« on: October 15, 2019, 04:10:30 PM »

Hi, just made an account on here to ask for help concerning a matter of lost save progress

So I was just playing Starsector as usual and I figured "Hey, lets get some family friendly mods", these mods being entirely for appearence/ UI changes plus the Console Commands mod

Mod List:

1. Audio Plus
2. Auto Save
3. Cari UI Lite
4. Combat Alarm Sounds
5. Combat Chatter
6. Common Radar
7. Console Commands
8. Fuel Siphoning
9. LazyLib
10. Lightshow
11. MagicLib
12. SpeedUp
13. Trailermoments
14. UnkownSkies
15. UpgradedRotaryWeapons
16. Version Checker

And because Im a dumbass I forgot to backup my saves before installation since I didnt think these mods (Or something else Idk) would reverse my progress.

Also if its helpful, after I installed the mods I logged on to my current save and instantly repecd my skills via the Console Commands Mod, after that I realized a load of my progress had been lossed

Not sure how anyone could help me in this current situation but any advice to help me recover my lost playtime/ progress would be greatly appreciated

P.S This all happened tonight and when I look at my save from the menu its says "Saved data September 23", so Im pretty screwed  ;D

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Save progress lost
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 04:38:17 PM »

Hi - in your save folder, there should be .bak files, which are copies of the last time you saved. Depending on how many times you've tried saving, you might be able to get your save back by using the .bak files (i.e. move the campaign/descriptor .xml files somewhere, and remove the .bak extension from the backups to get the game to use them instead).