Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Smuggle bugs – and maybe quest  (Read 451 times)

Maurice Fifrelin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Smuggle bugs – and maybe quest
« on: October 13, 2019, 12:39:14 PM »

Hello,

The first problem I seen is about Illegal commodities : one time, a Ludd Church patrol scan me when I come back from outer systems with AI cores, and in despite it's prohibited in the Church space : I didn't have problems, the cop said to me it's ok.
Idem in the Persean space.
I have seen the same thing with drugs. (but drugs recuperate after fighting against pirates, not bought drugs)

And about the cops, I read here  :https://fractalsoftworks.com/2014/08/25/trade-smuggling/

You gain some reputation by cooperating, and lose some by evading or, worse yet, refusing to comply once contraband is found.

– I never gain reputation with coopération, but I loose if I refuse the scan, or if I abused with black market but in this case, the police never worry about illegal commodities in the ship, only about " ~ your quantities of commodities and high activity in blackmarket"

Secondly, I dont know if it's really a bug or no : At begening, I played with Independant faction, and now I have high reputation with them, and neutral with other... but when I visite a dockside bar, only independants purpoise transport missions in the Core systems to me, even if I am in another faction planet or station, there is always an independant guy who offer transport missions.
Is this normal or no ? Others faction do not offer transport mission in the Core ?

PS : I playing without mods.

PPS : Sorry for my english.

PPPS  : Thanks for this game.

PPPPS : Impressive securities against bots when register. Fear about Remnants ?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 12:41:13 PM by Maurice Fifrelin »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Smuggle bugs – and maybe quest
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 12:49:11 PM »

Hi!

Patrols won't always find everything, so you just got lucky with them not finding cores.

The blog post you read is out of date at this point, so I wouldn't expect things to work exactly as described in it.

For delivery bar events, it'll often be an independent, but if the delivery is between two markets controlled by the same faction, it should be a person of that faction.

PPPPS : Impressive securities against bots when register. Fear about Remnants ?

You'd be surprised how many spambots try to register! Some manage to get through, even with the verification questions etc, but much fewer than otherwise.