Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Decivilized sub-population hazard should decrease based on market size  (Read 1193 times)

belone

• Ensign
    • View Profile

It doesn't really make sense that raiders would be such a big threat, sure maybe on the early colonization stages, but why would such a small amount of people be as much of a big threat as earthquakes or extreme weather to a population of millions, the hazard should decrease by 5% every population growth
Heres my suggestion:

Population size 1 = 100% Hazard.
Population size 2 = 50% Hazard.
Population size 3 = 25% Hazard.
Population size 4 = 20% Hazard.
Population Size 5 = 15% Hazard.
Population size 6 = 10% Hazard
Population size 7 = 5% Hazard
Population size 8+ = Either it stays at 5% or my other suggestion is it will be removed at this point.

Building a Military Base should instantly decrease the hazard to 5% or my other suggestion is it will be removed, if the military base is removed it goes back to the hazard rating based on marketsize.

Building Ground defenses should decrease it by 5% (Goes back if removed)
I'm not sure for heavy batteries, it seems like they are a weapon to shoot down ships not ground to ground fire, so it heavy batteries shouldnt decrease hazard.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 07:19:08 AM by belone »

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Decivilized sub-population hazard should decrease based on population size
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 08:47:42 AM »

One more option: saturation bombardment removing decivilized.
"officerMaxLevel":29,
"officerAIMax":36,
"maxOfficersInAIFleet":36
"tier1StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier2StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier3StationOfficerLevel":29,
Try to hunt it! ;)
https://i.imgur.com/gXIAgGy.png

belone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 08:52:03 AM »

That should add the pollution condition in return, Just realized that's dumb, it's still +25% hazard but no pop boost.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 09:46:57 AM by belone »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 09:30:03 AM »

That should add the pollution condition in return.
Only if the world has Habitable, just like bombing colonies.

Scorpixel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 09:47:17 AM »

That should add the pollution condition in return.

What? Pollution is a flat 25% hasard, while de-civilised has both that and a pop growth linked to it.
Why would anyone sat bomb a planet for an objectively worse status?

Having both growth buff and hasard/stability debuff slowing down with pop size seems the most reasonable situation.

Edit: Oh my that's impressive, posted this one minute after the author already realised that, my bad x)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 10:43:08 AM »

Decivilized should be treated like Pirate Activity or Luddic Cells.  A stability and/or accessibility penalty, that can be removed when a condition is met.  What are the savages doing that warrants adding 25% hazard?  Being radioactive or virus monsters that want to eat or infect people?

I like the idea of sat bombing them, the killer monsters, to death.

The only reason why I like Decivilized over Pollution is because the exploit (of abandoning colony then rebuilding it) that removes Decivilized in 0.9a is still in 0.9.1a.  If Decivilized cannot be removed, then I prefer Pollution over Decivilized because Decivilized lowers stability on top of +25% hazard, and those penalties affect population growth, partially offsetting the bonus from Decivilized.  Of course, it is possible to have both Decivilized and Pollution.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2019, 04:28:02 PM »

I'd expect the effects of Decivilized Subpopulation to depend on how big the original colony was when it collapsed.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 05:00:58 PM »

I'd expect the effects of Decivilized Subpopulation to depend on how big the original colony was when it collapsed.

You could do something (vaguely) like this by giving each instance of the decivilised condition a hidden stat on sector generation.
For the sake of argument this stat could be a plain number with a value between 500 and 5000.

When a colony is created on a decivilised world, the hidden stat counts down by 1 for every game day that passes. And once the number reaches 0, the condition is removed.
500 days ~ 16 months
5000 days ~ 14 years
The 'amount' of extra population you get is then based on how long the condition lasts.

You could further qualify this by requiring a certain level of stablity to run the count down.
Trying to artificially lower stability to keep the deciv growth boost longer shouldn't work, as the growth penalty for low stability would negate it (I think).
During generation you could weight this to prefer larger numbers on habitable worlds if you preferred.

Probably not workable, but a fun diversion.