Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can you edit faction relations?  (Read 8366 times)

SteelHeart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Can you edit faction relations?
« on: October 09, 2019, 07:49:55 PM »

I'm playing a Nexerline game and random events took everyone from neutral to hostile while I was out exploring and now there is pretty much nowhere for my tiny little empire to trade with.

Is there a way to edit faction relations via the save file or through console commands? I know I could try to bribe everyone or use Nexerline agents but this is still early game and I'm relativly short of funds and very short of AI cores.

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Can you edit faction relations?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 08:11:14 PM »

In the console commands there should be a command setrelation or something. I rarely use it as I prefer to build a relation with a faction before starting my empire and watch everyone else burn or get annihilated by me once they point their guns on my direction.

If I'm not mistaken, the format of the command should be "Setrelation -insert faction 1- -insert faction 2- -relation points here (adding a negative will give them negative relation)-"

Ex. setrelation Player All -100. This will cause everyone even the remnants to hate you.

If it that command I gave you didn't work, you can try typing "Help all" to show you the list of commands for the correct one. Also, since you are using Nex, you can try doing covert prisoner reparations to increase your rep with a faction.