Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Common Drops 1.1 - Cherry picking blueprints made easy  (Read 25000 times)

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Common Drops 1.1 - Cherry picking blueprints made easy
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2019, 01:52:51 PM »

And that changed the pricing of it?
A little, as the price was determined based on both the item and the template.
Common ship blueprints are now 10000 credits cheaper, for instance.

It's still not enough to make the packages anything but silly-cheap priced, but I may just bite that bullet and increase their price too.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2019, 07:06:02 PM »

Crimson Sky Gaurdian, I want to apologize for my initial post. I read a bit too closely into what you said and misinterpreted it and was entirely my fault.

The same way a weapon mod doesn't. You can fit the new weapon on their ship and it "directly [modifies] the results of other mods" especially if the AI's auto fit did it.
But just like a weapon mod, none of their files are touched, none of their code is modified. Whether the user decides to run this mod with another is up to the user, no-one else.
Eh, just to make it clear here. What weapons a mod faction uses can through autofit in fact be controlled. And as to your second point, yea that was my bad as said earlier in this message as long as stuff is done on permission only and you said that was the plan earlier so you are good man :)

TheOSB320

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2019, 09:37:14 PM »

Hey, I think I might be *** but where exactly do I download this at? I don't see a download link.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2019, 02:40:54 AM »

Crimson Sky Gaurdian, I want to apologize for my initial post. I read a bit too closely into what you said and misinterpreted it and was entirely my fault.
Ah it's fine, these things happen. Not like you shot an arch-duke or anything.
Hey, I think I might be *** but where exactly do I download this at? I don't see a download link.
It's attached to the first post.

Damienov

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2019, 04:14:48 AM »

You'll need to be logged in to see the attachment download link

TrainDodger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Common Drops - Cherry picking blueprints made easy
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2019, 10:28:23 AM »

By that extension - you're affecting other mods. Your mod uses any packages that drop, so you're affecting other mods, by making contents of these packages common, when they shouldn't be.

*gets blueprints for Blade Breaker Sparrowhawk*

*builds 1000 of them*

*stocks up every allied station with like ten Sparrowhawks*

*rubs mayonnaise all over my own body*

Ahh, it’s time to get greasy!

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2019, 11:16:39 AM »

By that extension - you're affecting other mods. Your mod uses any packages that drop, so you're affecting other mods, by making contents of these packages common, when they shouldn't be.

*builds 1000 of them*

You realize I'm going to have to make massive changes to my endgame plans now that the secret's out, right?

iamlenb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2019, 12:20:13 PM »

*builds 1000 of them*

You realize I'm going to have to make massive changes to my endgame plans now that the secret's out, right?

Change your Miracle Whip Mayonnaise commodity to French's Mustard.  Spike the demand on TrainDodger colonies and profit from your secret backstock of mayo?

TrainDodger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2019, 05:16:46 PM »

*builds 1000 of them*

That wouldn’t even be the most broken ship I ever obtained in Starsector, tbh. I once had a Neutrino Unsung with purloined Knights Templar lasers and the old-school, pre-nerf Pilums. Every battle was literally Enter Field > Launch giant Pilum salvo > Watch almost everything die immediately > Mop up the rest in a close-range slugout. It wasn’t even a battle. It was an execution.

The game has way better balance nowadays, even with mods. And frankly, I think it’s impressive how well people have managed to get their mods to work together as part of the same ecosystem without breaking the game too much. True power is harder to obtain than before. My current fleet has a couple Mayasuran Navy Elite Javanicus Battlecruisers that are festooned with a mix of Blackrock, Diable, and DME weapons, and a mix of BB Deserter ships for support. Blueprint hunting can be painful if you have OCD like me and wish you had a full library of blueprints, but on the other hand, it can be very fulfilling when you arrange deep-space expeditions just to hunt down hidden caches and colonize worlds with ruins just for blueprints, and when you get that blueprint that you know is “the one”, you’ve just got to manufacture a few of them.

Some people complain that Blade Breaker Deserter ships aren’t as OP as actual Blade Breakers, but I think that’s frankly underestimating their potential in the right hands, with the right loadouts. They are very robust little destroyers and cruisers and such, and form an excellent screening fence around larger capitals, but they’re expensive to maintain until you get to the super-late game and can afford 15/day on supplies no problem. I wish they had a combat capital, a logistics ship/freighter, and an electronic warfare ship, though. Then, a whole faction could be sustained quite well on nothing but Deserter hulls.

Anyway, I don’t really feel the need to make obtaining blueprints super-easy. For the completionists, there’s an NG+ mod that lets you start over while keeping all obtained blueprints. That seems right up my alley. Because, honestly, I love the thrill of surveying distant worlds and hunting for research stations and derelicts while keeping an eye on supplies and avoiding running dry and stranding myself tens of light years from the frontier. I’m not even kidding.

Sethfcm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2019, 04:10:57 PM »

Just wanted to chip in that I agree, the author isn't in the wrong for making a mod like this, and honestly peoples visceral reactions can be off-putting as H**l sometimes.

That said, I'm glad this seems to have been settled civilly.

Rafs

• Ensign
  • Metafalica is love, Metafalica is life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2019, 02:31:12 PM »

Another mod that makes it easier for me to get the tech I want and that has devolved into a cancerous discussion.

Like other's pointed out this affects BPs, which are a vanilla feature nothing modded, so it doesn't directly affect any mods that really don't want some of their stuff being replicated (like IBB bounty ships), personally gona use the crap out of it since Vespirion Combine is not in a playable state atm and I am sick of exploring the whole sector and finding about 40% of the games BPs, and hopefully modders add support for this mod, awesome work Crimson Sky Guardian you are a life saver for my tech hungry playthroughs.

shpooky

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2019, 11:53:05 PM »

Another mod that makes it easier for me to get the tech I want and that has devolved into a cancerous discussion.

Like other's pointed out this affects BPs, which are a vanilla feature nothing modded, so it doesn't directly affect any mods that really don't want some of their stuff being replicated (like IBB bounty ships), personally gona use the crap out of it since Vespirion Combine is not in a playable state atm and I am sick of exploring the whole sector and finding about 40% of the games BPs, and hopefully modders add support for this mod, awesome work Crimson Sky Guardian you are a life saver for my tech hungry playthroughs.
Vespirion Combine is not playable ?

Rafs

• Ensign
  • Metafalica is love, Metafalica is life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2019, 09:36:02 AM »

Vespirion Combine is not playable ?

There have been reported bugs of the person you need to talk to not showing up after you talk to them the first time, and being extremely rare in the first place, from what I heard the mod author doesn't plan on releasing an hotfix and is only gona fix it in the next batch of changes, and from what I saw it's not out yet? Unless I am mistaken, but yea I mean you can try, but for me that is not a playable state.

More to the point since this is getting off topic, is there a way to teak the drop rates myself in the mod settings? Personally not really looking for a balanced mod, I just want to get BPs since I am running a heavily modded game (47 mods 14 of which are factions) and it's increasingly hard for me to find what I want with that much content being pushed in the galaxy.

Side note: It seems I can't exchange most of BPs with Prism Freeport, not sure if vanilla behavior or introduced by this mod.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 07:47:24 PM by Rafs »

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2019, 09:28:13 AM »

Can confirm, blueprints from this mod can't be exchanged at Prism Freeport.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2019, 01:52:15 PM »

And I am back from meditating far away from humanity (my bed) for 40 days and 40 nights!

More to the point since this is getting off topic, is there a way to teak the drop rates myself in the mod settings? Personally not really looking for a balanced mod, I just want to get BPs since I am running a heavily modded game (47 mods 14 of which are factions) and it's increasingly hard for me to find what I want with that much content being pushed in the galaxy.

Side note: It seems I can't exchange most of BPs with Prism Freeport, not sure if vanilla behavior or introduced by this mod.

If you navigate to the data/campaign/procgen folder of this mod you can alter the rates in the drop-groups file.

You can't exchange them at Prism Freeport because they use a different item type than regular blueprints.

I would address this, but I'm actually retiring this mod for one that lets you just "unpack" packages instead. It still has compatibility problems, but far less and they're far easier to resolve.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4