Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stations Not Getting New Ships and Capture Mechanics  (Read 6127 times)

ArthropodOfDoom

• Commander
    • View Profile
Stations Not Getting New Ships and Capture Mechanics
« on: March 14, 2012, 06:25:50 PM »

Okay, I only really have two complaints, but one of them is more of a request as to how it works.

For one thing, the stations are not getting new ships (I was killing the convoys for a while, then stopped, still nothing).
And also, trying to get one more Odyssey (two right now, need two more),
I have been chasing the thing for an hour, battled it multiple times (saving each time),
and now it is the only ship left, and I STILL can't capture it.
Seems to me that if you have only one ship left, the captain would probably give up.
Let's say I'm captaining the ISS Slightly Lopsided Isosceles Triangle here.

Doom101

• Admiral
  • Doom will always find you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
Re: Stations Not Getting New Ships and Capture Mechanics
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 06:50:22 PM »

one tactic you might be able to use against a lone ship is to bring in ONLY your ship to combat it, damage the hull to the point he retreats LET HIM GO. since you were hitting the hull you were killing his crewmen, if he doesn't surrender after the battle follow him in the campaign map while he repairs protect him from enemies if you have to once you feel he is repaired a bit repeat until at battle start you get the message NO COMBAT READY SHIPS congrats you got your ship. i pulled this off once with a paragon, i "protected" him by chasing him out to the edges of the world
When you can't go on, just accept your doom. It comes to all, it is inevitable.

Also I totally had the name BEFORE the cruiser.

ArthropodOfDoom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 07:12:35 PM »

Awesome, thank you so much. Playing right now, so I'm going to go and test it out.

Doom101

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 07:40:05 PM »

Awesome, thank you so much. Playing right now, so I'm going to go and test it out.

i wish you luck i know sometimes protecting them can be hard while i was chasing him out of the system a random hegemony fleet was like OH HEY A LONE TT PARAGON LETS KILL THAT!!! -.- i think a pirate was even ballsy enough to try, luckily i was way bigger than him so he just fled at the sight of me.

factotum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 01:01:38 AM »

Okay, I only really have two complaints, but one of them is more of a request as to how it works.

For one thing, the stations are not getting new ships (I was killing the convoys for a while, then stopped, still nothing).

All of them? There's a known issue where the Tri-Tachyon station never gets any new ships, but the other two ought to be working fine. There's a limit on how many ships + fighter wings they can stock, though, maybe they've hit that limit in your game? If so, you'll have to buy a few ships from them and see if they get new stock in that way.

Doom101

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 10:12:33 AM »

All of them? There's a known issue where the Tri-Tachyon station never gets any new ships, but the other two ought to be working fine. There's a limit on how many ships + fighter wings they can stock, though, maybe they've hit that limit in your game? If so, you'll have to buy a few ships from them and see if they get new stock in that way.

thats an excellent point i forgot about this, one thing you can try if you have a lot of money is to buy mass amounts of ships from hegemony and pirate bases and sell them to the TT station. once they are under the ship cap again every supply fleet SHOULD bring new ships. its easiest to do this by getting rid of all the fighters since they are sometimes the cheapest frigates also are cheap usually.

Vinyl Dash

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 11:54:06 AM »

As for the TT station, fixing it yourself is pretty easy.

Use notepad or something similar to open the TriTachyonSupplyFleetSpawnPoint.java file, which is under "Wherever you installed the game"\Starfarer\starfarer-core\data\scripts\world\corvus and switch the line

addRandomShips(fleet.getCargo(), (int) (Math.random()));

(use Ctrl + F to find it more easily)

to be

addRandomShips(fleet.getCargo(), (int) (Math.random() * 2f));

then save and wait for a new TT supply convoy. It even works on saved games so no need to start a new campaign.

ArthropodOfDoom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 04:30:55 PM »

As for the TT station, fixing it yourself is pretty easy.

Use notepad or something similar to open the TriTachyonSupplyFleetSpawnPoint.java file, which is under "Wherever you installed the game"\Starfarer\starfarer-core\data\scripts\world\corvus and switch the line

addRandomShips(fleet.getCargo(), (int) (Math.random()));

(use Ctrl + F to find it more easily)

to be

addRandomShips(fleet.getCargo(), (int) (Math.random() * 2f));

then save and wait for a new TT supply convoy. It even works on saved games so no need to start a new campaign.
Gonna go test this out, hopefully it works. :)

ArthropodOfDoom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 01:43:30 AM »

Alright, over the past few hours it looks like this hasn't worked.
I really need some fighters as well,
hopefully wasps/tridents/xyphos, to fill out a new carrier-based fleet.

VedicIntent

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 06:01:34 AM »

Change the code how Vinyl Dash suggests, but use 4f instead of 2f. I had the same issue with it not working, so I copied the value from the script the Hegemony resupply fleet uses. Since then I've noticed that a Medusa was added to the TT station, so new ships are appearing.

If only the stations would scrap the freighters and Buffalo cruisers clogging their inventory. I wish the stations would delete sold ships that don't match their faction - that would be an easy way to dispose of trash.

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 11:59:33 AM »

If only the stations would scrap the freighters and Buffalo cruisers clogging their inventory. I wish the stations would delete sold ships that don't match their faction - that would be an easy way to dispose of trash.
Intriguing suggestion; I like it. "Taking out the trash" and clearing up ship slots at base for preferred combat-capable hulls is presently a large concern of mine about how space stations work.
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....

Chittebengo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 12:24:48 PM »

Dumping ships on the faction that can't use it, but they will pay less for it, resell it and in theory use the profits to get in more of their own ships.  Basically, sell them ships on the cheap and it increases their own restock rates.