Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Make weapon group alternate?  (Read 2659 times)

Chittebengo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Make weapon group alternate?
« on: March 19, 2012, 06:27:33 PM »

If I have two antimatter blasters in the same weapon group, is there a way to make them alternate between shots instead of both at the same time, or must I split them into two groups?

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Make weapon group alternate?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 06:46:26 PM »

I think so. Go to weapon groups and underneath all the individual square slots you'll see weapons group 1-4 and to their side linked and alternating, simply click on the words to toggle it.

For alternating weapons in battle, to skip a certain weapon class, simply hit the weapon slot again. IE. slot 2 has antimatter blasters and a sabot. If you're on the AM blaster and want to switch to the sabot without shooting the Am blasters, simply hit "2" again.
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

Chittebengo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 06:54:55 PM »

Ahh, clicking linked toggles it.  Totally learned something new.  Thanks!

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 03:22:43 AM »

For the record; this is the least intuitive control in the game.
It needs to be made more obvious.

1) Changing the 'linked/alternating' text field to a button would be a quick & easy improvement.

2) When the contents of a weapon mount is changed, its weapon grouping should be automatically cleared. Then, if there are any ungrouped weapons when the user attempts to leave the refit screen they should be automatically prompted to configure the groups.

3) I'd also suggest the ability to regroup weapons & alternate firing mode be alterable in-battle too.

Chittebengo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 05:34:52 AM »

I'd be for more info on this, certainly.  Happy it is there, but it wasn't quite obvious enough, perhaps.