Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Anvil Industries V1.3.6: Its dead jim...  (Read 149465 times)

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Anvil Industries(V:1.3) Aint that a kick in the head.
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2020, 11:20:27 AM »

it happens when the game tries to load all the mods, doesn't even get to the main menu. i seemed to have fixed it by copying the missing portraits from an older version of the mod.

Also having this issue, could you post said portrait files here? I can't seem to find a previous version.
It looks like the problem is vayra´s sector. Without it it works. With it i get the crash. I only loaded the another portrait pack, anvil 1.3, magic, lazy and graphic lib and vayra´s sector 3.1.5.

weird, it runs fine on its own so i guess its a different mod? im not running exalted if that matters.

id post the error log but its sorta gigantic, would probably be better to send it over discord or something if you wanna take a look at it

hotfix out, forgot to remove a few file paths in one of the separated HVBs, sorry about that

I get the version 1.2.3. Or does it take some time (i only ask, because the mod self is small)
Im not sure what you mean

Version 1.3 is the new one (with the hotfix maybe 1.3.1 or something like that or 1.3 updated) but we get 1.2.3 (that is around 4 to 5 mb bigger then 1.3). Maybe i think a bit too much about that  :P

No i sent a hotfix to fix the crash issue, i didnt send a whole version out. 1.3 is the one you want, idk why its bigger tbh

Looks like i cant see where is the hotfix for download. On page 1 i can only download version 1.2.3
Sorry linked the wrong one, try it now
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 11:26:33 AM by connortron7 »

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Anvil Industries(V:1.3.1) version checker fix and other small changes
« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2020, 01:14:14 PM »

new update! save safe.

Spoiler
V:1.3.1
general changes:
migrated version checker to github

new ships/weapons:
culverin (NB)
bet class heavy fighter to blackjack fleets

ships/weapons that had a full overhaul including new sprites and stats:
blast gun

ships/weapons that had minor/major sprite changes, but little to no stat changes:
kingdom
pulse barrage

the following descriptions have had major changes:
brute
stallion (P)
bandit
axe
flail
shotel
hatchet

blast gun:
increased OP cost from 10 to 12
decreased damage per shot from 90 to 55
decreased flux per shot from 100 to 45
increased fire rate

all starbursts:
decreased EMP damage from 2500 to 2000

kingdom
replaced system with reserve wing
decreased max speed from 75 to 65
decreased shield efficiency from 0.8 to 1

gust:
changed fire sound

glaive:
decreased max flux from 12000 to 10500
increased fuel per light year from 5 to 6
(as its supposed to be an older ship)

stallion:
increased fuel per light year from 3 to 8
increased supplies/month from 8 to 10

pulse barrage:
decreased burst size from 25 to 20
increased fire delay from 4 to 5
increased burst delay from 0.1 to 0.2

tsar:
increased OP cost from 26 to 30
increased damage per shot from 900 to 950

graft:
fixed energy weapon arcs

quiver:
increased supplies per month and deployment points from 16 to 18
[close]

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Anvil Industries(V:1.3.1) version checker fix and other small changes
« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2020, 12:40:08 PM »

quick hotfix,
high delay pulse barrages no longer spawn in markets and fixed support for industrial evolution beta

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 27, 2020, 04:05:37 PM »

Anvil is currently not compatible with industrial evolution when using nex's random sector, i dont have the time to fix it right now but will soon.

giganticats

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2020, 11:38:10 AM »

do you have a link to the previous version so i can use indust and anvil together?

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2020, 12:23:48 PM »

do you have a link to the previous version so i can use indust and anvil together?
Sorry i only ever keep the latest 2 versions and this was added 2 versions ago, all you can do is not play with anvil or dont play random sector

giganticats

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2020, 12:28:20 PM »

thanks anyway, love your mod btw

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Anvil Industries(V:1.3.2) minor crash temp fix
« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2020, 01:00:36 PM »

just kicked myself enough to push this through, atm its only a temp fix the removes the docks, will give it a proper fix down the line, will not remove existing docks from saves, but tat that point you dont need to download this

V1.3.2:
general changes:
fixed crash on random sector gen if industrial evolution is installed (removed restoration docks from crucible, will add again, just a quick fix)

Kartoffel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 05, 2020, 01:50:01 PM »

Great mod! (including the exalted)
Despite being more simple, the opposing ideological factions of industry, syndicalism, or tech cult (exalted) does add flavor as oppositions towards the counterpart in goals despite being more or less corporations. Along that, it doesn't diverge too far from being abnormal in comparison to other factions making this quite vanilla / lore friendly.

I do have a question though,
Why is the main Anvil Industry Headquarter (Haven) distant, in comparison, to the core worlds? (You would expect a industry center to be closer to the major populations.)

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 05, 2020, 02:10:45 PM »

Great mod! (including the exalted)
Despite being more simple, the opposing ideological factions of industry, syndicalism, or tech cult (exalted) does add flavor as oppositions towards the counterpart in goals despite being more or less corporations. Along that, it doesn't diverge too far from being abnormal in comparison to other factions making this quite vanilla / lore friendly.

I do have a question though,
Why is the main Anvil Industry Headquarter (Haven) distant, in comparison, to the core worlds? (You would expect a industry center to be closer to the major populations.)

2 reasons!
1: lore wise its because they didnt want to set up shop on some barren world just because it was close, as they expanded they needed somewhere to call home for the longhaul, the haven system provided just that.
2: modding wise the area i wanted them to be near was quite crowded by other mods, so i decided  to make it a more distant system to avoid it being smothered. 

Kartoffel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 05, 2020, 03:01:06 PM »

Fair enough. Anyways, keep up the good work!

CrixM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2020, 02:47:34 AM »

The needle PD laser is an absolute joke. A 4 second reload? 6 OP? And not particularly flux efficient for a frag laser either.

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 12, 2020, 08:52:52 PM »

The needle PD laser is an absolute joke. A 4 second reload? 6 OP? And not particularly flux efficient for a frag laser either.
Heh ill have a few goes with it and look into a buff

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Anvil Industries(V:1.3.2) Seeking Imput
« Reply #148 on: October 16, 2020, 02:22:12 PM »

Gonna send a balancing update to buff the frigates of anvil for the next tournament in a week or 2 and while im at it does anyone have any thoughts on balancing or potential changes?

Rondson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Anvil Industries(V:1.3.2) Seeking Imput
« Reply #149 on: October 19, 2020, 08:40:28 AM »

Hello! I think Blast Gun needs another look into. For it's OP strikes me as an underperformer. Prior to it's change of stats and sprites it's been probably too strong option for 90x3*200% against armor, but now it's damage instead of burst turned into the tunneled flow of damage. Though my point of view is as subjective. Otherwise thanks for mod, always a part of my playthroughs from time you've shamelessly recommended it to some rookies on the discord. :^)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12