Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kingdom of Terra (v0.13.1) - Taverns in Caverns (+Hotfix)  (Read 243777 times)

SarenSoran

• Ensign
  • Just a Doomer coming through
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Kingdom of Terra (v0.4) - This one's Monster
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2019, 04:35:42 AM »

its got a hidden planet for now, it should be around the core (not in the core systems afaik)in a system thats already explored and there you can buy their ships

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2019, 08:44:33 AM »

Thanks for saying so guys :)

lol,if the mod improve the sprite , i must download it, i sword!!!!
What would you change about it? I'm not very good at spriting still, but I think I've gotten better over time, and I'm always looking to improve. Maybe I can develop the skill a bit and come back to this sprite.

Holy hell that puncher mech is awesome! What if instead of having ordinary shields, pressing the shield button made it put its shield arm in front of itself and if you pressed the melee attack button while it was in that state, the shield arm would swing outwards to execute a shield bash?
This was actually one of my ideas for arm functions, but comes with a bunch of complications. Namely, getting the AI to use it effectively. Also I want to avoid having to mess with arm modules on the refit screen if possible. If I can ever figure out a good way to do it I could put it in a skin.

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2019, 03:03:22 AM »

New update: This Monster,

and a weapon.

we Outlaw Star now, boys (unless it's actually a mech which is still cool)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2019, 05:07:01 AM »

This is very cool! Is the collision system doing all this damage, or are you using some sort of hit check?

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2019, 07:55:04 AM »

Is the collision system doing all this damage, or are you using some sort of hit check?
Both - there's an invisible projectile that deals the bulk of the damage (EMP or HE), and the collision physics deal extra kinetic damage (weight-dependent) and impart extra force.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2019, 06:33:52 PM »

Both - there's an invisible projectile that deals the bulk of the damage (EMP or HE), and the collision physics deal extra kinetic damage (weight-dependent) and impart extra force.
Nice! Though I think your ship/the spear module might be a bit light for its size, like you see how it gets pushed all the way out when it punches the mule for I think the third time.

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2019, 08:45:18 AM »

It's actually the mule that gets yeeted, it's a bit hard to tell with the static background but there is an asteroid in the top right of the screen that puts it in perspective.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2019, 02:42:06 PM »

Download doesn't seem to be giving the latest version.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

DerpFaceCake

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2019, 03:33:31 AM »

*looks at Quetzalcoatl*
Hmm, needs more snek. At least enough to fully encircle a paragon! :-D

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2019, 09:52:20 AM »

Download doesn't seem to be giving the latest version.
I just downloaded it, seems to be working fine. What exactly is the problem you're having? Is it throwing an error, missing the new ship? Version checker not recognizing it?

*looks at Quetzalcoatl*
Hmm, needs more snek. At least enough to fully encircle a paragon! :-D
That wouldn't be too hard to do, let me take a crack at it...

goldenvixen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2019, 10:56:51 AM »

I've been having a bit of a problem running this mod. I noticed it was having the same issue I was having with ApproLight--My distro seems to be finicky and wants things with proper capitalization for the graphics files. So when I  saw this:

51182 [Thread-10] ERROR com.fs.graphics.o0oO  - Error loading [Graphics/hullmods/kt_improvedzeroflux] resource, not found in [/media/kandra/68B292FFB292D144/Starsector/./mods/Lightshow,/media/kandra/68B292FFB292D144/Starsector/./mods/trailermoments,/media/kandra/68B292FFB292D144/Starsector/. (insert long list of mods)

I went in the hullmods folder and lowered the capitalization for all the files it wanted. Only problem is, this worked for all of them except KT_panicdrive.png. For some reason, the game can't detect this at all no matter if I give it lower capitals or not. I'm not exactly sure what's wrong, or what I'm missing.

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2019, 11:28:35 AM »

I've never heard of this problem before, but looking at the .csv...

it's probably detecting case mismatches in the file and path names, and what's listed in the .csv.

My guess is the capital G in Graphics is the problem, it's looking for a folder called Graphics which doesn't exist. Try editing that field specifically to exactly match the file path and file name.

And thanks for bringing this to my attention, I didn't know it could be a problem. I will keep those fields consistent in future releases.

EDIT: I went ahead and posted a hotfix with hull_mods.csv entries that match the file names. Download here. Let me know if it works for you.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 11:41:52 AM by Sinosauropteryx »

goldenvixen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2019, 01:34:17 PM »

Oh--I didn't think about capitalizing the folder. That slipped my mind. But yeah, it's not a problem that most would encounter on Windows. I'm playing the game on Linux and it's very specific with capitals apparently! I downloaded your fix though, and everything works fine. Thanks for the fix!

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2019, 02:51:39 PM »

Glad it's working.

I just found another bug, so I'm releasing a hotfix:
v0.4.1
- Fixed bug where Basilisk and Smasher systems wouldn't work if the ship had D-mods.
- Fixed issue with improper .csv case that caused problems on Linux.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Kingdom of Terra (v0.4.1) - This one's Monster
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2019, 09:38:45 AM »

Download didn't give the correct one the first 3 times I think, as i'd usually look in the hulls or graphics folder usually to see if I got the right version. Can confirm I have the latest one now.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16