Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kingdom of Terra (v0.13.1) - Taverns in Caverns (+Hotfix)  (Read 244146 times)

KitsuneNoMeiji

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Kingdom of Terra (v0.7.2) - Hotfixing some Otherstuff
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2020, 01:31:04 PM »

Sorry to hear that - I'll see if I can replicate it. Can you post the crash report?

EDIT: I have attempted to recreate the bug, with the following method, and failed. There was no crash and everything seems to be working.

Method
- I spawned in an Ouroboros with console commands. I also spawned a Quetz and a Cathedral from SWP, just to check.
- I applied a trait to each of them the console command: addtrait good to capital_ship
This put a random trait on each ship I had spawned. Each gained the "notable" mod with that trait.
- I checked the refit screen and clicked on every clickable module. There was no crash.
- Just to check, I assigned an officer to each ship, then added a crew loyalty to each ship with: setloyalty 10 capital_ship
- Again, I checked the refit screen and modules. No crash.
[close]

So, something else is happening. Either:
- the crash is caused only by traits added normally with battles, not console commands.
- the crash is caused by a specific trait, not just any trait. (What trait did your Ouro get?)
- you're running a noncurrent version of one of the mods.
- something else entirely.

Get back to me with some more info if you can.

EDIT2: I tried getting the trait "legit" (without console commands) and still, no crash.

I seem to crash no matter what when I get the Notable mod. First time I got it, it increased my armor by 5%. This time, it did something completely different (I forget what exactly). But regardless, it seems to not matter what the Notable mod affects, as soon as I get it I crash if I change my focus to a body segment. I'll give my crash report so you can have a look-through. In the meantime, I'm gonna do some more testing to see if, by chance, it's another mod that is giving me these complications. I just assumed it was between Starship Legends and Kingdom of Terra, since I only crash after getting the Notable mod.

Spoiler
430612 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.A.setFleetMember(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.W.setFleetMember(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.G.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.G.showMember(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.A.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.A.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.A.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.G.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.String.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0oO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

EDIT: I should mention, I am earning the Notable mod through combat, not Console Commands. Just to clarify.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 01:32:51 PM by KitsuneNoMeiji »

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2020, 02:13:17 PM »

Alright, thanks. To confirm, you have the most recent version of Starship Legends installed?

If you DO use console commands to add a trait, does the crash occur? (if you don't even play with the Console Commands mod, you can disregard, but it would be a lot easier to test if you could replicate the crash with just commands.)

I'd be surprised if there was another mod besides KT and SL interacting here, but you can never be too sure.

KitsuneNoMeiji

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2020, 02:24:08 PM »

Alright, thanks. To confirm, you have the most recent version of Starship Legends installed?

If you DO use console commands to add a trait, does the crash occur? (if you don't even play with the Console Commands mod, you can disregard, but it would be a lot easier to test if you could replicate the crash with just commands.)

I'd be surprised if there was another mod besides KT and SL interacting here, but you can never be too sure.

No, I don't use Console Commands, but you are right, it is easier to test with the tool. I might get it just for testing purposes. I just did another test with the same outcome with no other mods but Kingdom of Terra 0.7.2, LazyLib 2.4e, Nexerelin 0.9.5h, and Starship Legends 1.3.14. Can you try testing with Nexerelin, if you haven't already? Because despite just these mods being installed, I get the same crash. I will give link to full starsector.log in case you want to get a look at everything, can't send as attachment due to file being too large. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dsk4Z8bSRsZddEKevO8xNxiSLx80u2qZ

EDIT: Okay, after adding Console Commands and testing without Nexerelin, I have found that Nexerelin is causing the crash. Not sure how, nor am I sure why, Nexerelin is affecting a ship mod from a different mod on a ship from yet another mod.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 02:38:15 PM by KitsuneNoMeiji »

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2020, 02:45:12 PM »

Yes, I did test with Nex.

Unfortunately, it's one of those crashes that doesn't seem to give any leads in the log.

Let me know if you can replicate the error with console commands. If we can eliminate or confirm that as a factor, it would narrow down the debugging options.

EDIT: Okay, that's strange. But, come to think of it, I last tested on an older version of Nex, 0.9.5g. Let me test with the latest build and see if that causes the problem.

EDIT2: I was able to replicate the crash, finally. Now, I need to figure out how it wasn't crashing before.

- Nex version doesn't seem to be a factor
- Kingdom of Terra itself doesn't seem to be a factor, but rather refittable modules in general. The game crashed the same with SWP's Cathedral.
- The first tests I did were in an existing game, with Ouroboros and other ships console'd in. The tests I was able to replicate the crash, Ouro/Cathedral were the starting super-ship, and I had not acquired other ships. (What was your fleet composition and game progress when you crashed?)
- Going back to that same game I did the first tests in, I can no longer replicate the crash in that game! Starting a fresh game with an Ouro/Cathedral, the crash happens. So, I am concluding that the crash is dependent on how, when, and/or where the offending ship was spawned. I'm also guessing it's not directly Nex that is the problem, but that the offending ship is a starter ship.

So, since this isn't strictly a Kingdom of Terra problem, I can't say there's much I can do about it. But I will let Sundog know about this crash and the info in this thread, and maybe there's something he can do on his end.

EDIT3: The upshot is, you have an option now. Scrap your current Ouro, spawn in a new Ouro with console, and re-equip it. The spawned Ouro should be immune to the crash.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 04:22:22 PM by Sinosauropteryx »

Ziehn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2020, 07:37:22 PM »

Pirates getting this factions weapons by default gives their stations Grapple Beams and it just deletes anything that isn't a capital ship through the collision alone. If anything it needs a massive range reduction, for now I just disabled other factions getting these weapon blueprints by default lol

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2020, 09:35:09 PM »

@KitsuneNoMeiji & Sinosauropteryx: Thanks for doing all that investigative work guys! It looks like this is a three-way mod compatibility issue between starship legends, Nex, and SWP and/or KoT. After looking into it a bit I think this is caused by starship legends not properly handling module ships with stock variants (which only appear in this specific scenario). I think I can fix it, but module ships can be kinda weird, so we'll see.

EDIT3: The upshot is, you have an option now. Scrap your current Ouro, spawn in a new Ouro with console, and re-equip it. The spawned Ouro should be immune to the crash.
Actually, it looks like editing the ship's loadout in any way will solve the problem, so re-equiping it might not be necessary

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2020, 02:38:27 AM »

@KitsuneNoMeiji & Sinosauropteryx: Thanks for doing all that investigative work guys!
No prob!

Pirates getting this factions weapons by default gives their stations Grapple Beams and it just deletes anything that isn't a capital ship through the collision alone. If anything it needs a massive range reduction, for now I just disabled other factions getting these weapon blueprints by default lol
Well, thanks for saying this. I was worried something unforeseen might happen. I want Kingdom weapons to get some kind of distribution outside of their tiny planet, but I guess the grapple beam in particular causes problems. I don't think the weapon is unfair on non-stations, so maybe I can weaken it in that particular instance. Or just restrict its distribution to markets only.

KitsuneNoMeiji

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2020, 10:38:12 AM »

Say, this is a bit off-topic, but do you happen to know of a way (or a mod) to show ship/weapon/variant/etc. ids in the codex? Would help significantly when testing things to have an easy in-game solution.

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2020, 12:30:54 PM »

Closest thing I can think of is the "list" command in Console Commands. You can type "list ships [prefix]" to narrow down the search, for example, "list ships kt" will list just the Kingdom of Terra ships. But you'll have to make educated guesses from there, if the ship is named something different in the files. Otherwise, you'll have to look through the files themselves. The same goes for "list weapons" and "list variants."

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Kingdom of Terra (v0.7.3) - Warmrepairing the Longreptile
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2020, 02:27:56 AM »

Yet another hotfix up, this one keeps your snake big after the head gets snipped off.

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Kingdom of Terra (v0.8) - Dino Babies
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2020, 11:07:55 AM »

Update time.

Featuring these wee ones:

And this logistic ship:

And some weapons:

And loads of little changes.

Burit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2020, 02:15:49 AM »

Holy moly. That is one hell of a unique design for a ship as well how it perform in combat. Keep up the good work!

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2020, 09:39:15 AM »

Thanks! :)

Panpiper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2020, 12:18:01 PM »

Your mod looks utterly fantastic! I can't imagine how much work must go into making something like this. Congratulations as well on your background flavor text, both well imagined and well written. Thank you ever so much for creating it for us.

I've a few newbie questions. (I just discovered the game a week ago. How it took so long baffles me.) I presume this faction won't appear unless I start a new game, right? Is it's placement in the universe random or pre-mapped? Can a starting player get commissioned by this faction so as to gain access to it's hulls and gear? Finally, is their planet at least in theory conquerable and if so, do we inherit it's prodigious production capacity?

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • Warcrimes are very profitable...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2020, 02:35:49 PM »

Whew, I just finished the Ouroboros bounty and that was insane, I managed to wipe out a couple of sneks and destroyers with a Titan missile from the Imperium mod but when I tried to fire a second a Rhino decided to charge it while it was right in the middle of my fleet, thank god it destroyed it before it blew up. Then the Ouroboros came and the whole battle turned into a wrestling match between it and my Kadur capital ships.
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Me:"Yes, I'm all of those."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16