Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.9.1-RC 8] Rapid clicking on the officer level up button causes multiple bugs  (Read 663 times)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile

(While my game is modded, I am pretty sure this is a vanilla bug)
So I discovered this the other day thanks to my laptop's trackpad. If you have an officer with a level to gain, but more helps, and you rapidly click on the level up button after selecting the skill, the game will play the level up sound every time you click and EACH click will open a new "officer level up" window. (If you do it right, the BG behind the window goes black) This does several things:
1: This allows you to pick skills multiple times, even beyond level 3. However these higher level skills won't be reflected in the overview box
2: Each click is a level up and can go beyond the set skill cap. I do not know if the skills are active if they are taken beyond the skill cap
3: This inflates the skill level of the officer, making them take more money in payment per month than what their REAL skill level reflects
4: (Most important in my opinion) If you cancel out of the level up box, the level up is already spent. This means that you can end up with an officer at the skill cap, but has only a few skills

Imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/K6I8w9P
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thanks for the report! Hmm. I can't actually reproduce this, though I recall fixing a more general case of the "dialogs stacking" issue a bit back. Thought it was before the 0.9.1a release, though, but not 100% sure...

(I don't have a trackpad, but temporarily added a keyboard shortcut to the button to try to activate it at the same time as clicking; also just tried clicking really fast.)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile

I forgot to mention that the hotkey doesn't cause this bug; it has to be clicking.
Hmmmm, let me try my real mouse...
OK, THAT is weird: It ONLY happens with the trackpad! My real mouse doesn't trigger the bug...
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

... huh, weird indeed. Wonder if that's somehow sending an invalid sequence of events, i.e. a bunch of "mouse button down" events without "button up" events in between. The input's got to be weird in some way, it's hard to see how repeated clicks could cause this if they're normal.

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Can you reproduce this by using two mice? With one held down and the other clicking?