Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: More Nanoforge type items  (Read 1395 times)

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
More Nanoforge type items
« on: October 03, 2019, 08:02:13 AM »

I'd like more items like that to find that make other industries more viable. In terms of Lore/History it seems to fit that such items would exist.

I'd also like more meaningful things to search for related to the colony, aside from AI cores.

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: More Nanoforge type items
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 08:20:59 AM »

I'd like more items like that to find that make other industries more viable. In terms of Lore/History it seems to fit that such items would exist.

I'd also like more meaningful things to search for related to the colony, aside from AI cores.
Argee, some items for all industry tipes, not just for heavy industry and fuel production.
"officerMaxLevel":29,
"officerAIMax":36,
"maxOfficersInAIFleet":36
"tier1StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier2StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier3StationOfficerLevel":29,
Try to hunt it! ;)
https://i.imgur.com/gXIAgGy.png

Boris Megalev

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 09:09:08 AM »

something like
Heisenberg logistics interface, for light industry and more drug production!
Caminoan Vats, for organ production and a quest line for clone issues!
zaku blueprints, for heavy armament!
ECT...

bobucles

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 09:35:08 AM »

The Fallout universe has tales of a legendary item sought out by anyone who has stories from before the apocalypse. The legendary item could restore any kind of environment, creating a lush green world out of a desolate wasteland. In terms of game mechanics it might create a farming opportunity for the planet, and its ability to tame any wilderness would reduce hazard rating significantly.

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 04:43:10 PM »

The Fallout universe has tales of a legendary item sought out by anyone who has stories from before the apocalypse. The legendary item could restore any kind of environment, creating a lush green world out of a desolate wasteland. In terms of game mechanics it might create a farming opportunity for the planet, and its ability to tame any wilderness would reduce hazard rating significantly.

Something that could improve a planet in general would be great. Even a -25% hazard, limit 1 per planet. That would be something nice.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 04:54:16 PM »

Yeah, I've actually got a TODO item for looking at adding more industry-booster type items! That'd be nice for variety, and would also give you more reasons to take one colonization route vs another depending on what you acquire in any given game.

So, yeah, definitely agree :)

Noviastar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 02:52:33 AM »

Well in game there are items around some places that I could see changing planets up.  Solar mirrors, Solar shades, Tera former stations. 

BUT with making major changes to a planet  you need a Genesis device or the time it would take to alter a world would take far to long to be noticeable with in game terms. 

But something to effect "hot" or "extreme cold" could be doable.

With as much detail as there is on ship models in combat planets are kinda bland.  Id like to see city lights or star ports depending on population level. 

Czyrek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 11:08:53 AM »

There could be fun prototype items that may or may not spawn in your game that might give your whole planet a bonus (perhaps with some mallus) or maybe some types of experimental terraformers or others devices that could remove or add certain planetary conditions.