Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: 0.51A Sunder refuses to retreat.  (Read 2600 times)

Tarran

• Captain
    • View Profile
0.51A Sunder refuses to retreat.
« on: March 15, 2012, 02:41:58 PM »

Ship: I have a Sunder with two pulse lasers, a Tachyon laser, three dual light machineguns, and two harpoons. The rest is into venting. Only mod is Gun runners, but I am not using any mod content on the ship.

Bug: When I manually send the sunder to retreat, sometimes it acts as if I said no to retreating. But I'm 100% sure I DID press yes. The ship then becomes dually controlled by me and the AI, and the ship can go up to 300 units off the map but can never actually leave. The AI also acts as if I simply just handed over control and proceeds to do combat, not retreating like I ordered.

I suspect that (non impacting and impacting) debris and asteroids cancels the retreat AI for some reason.

Replication: It doesn't happen 100% of the time, but it's at least 75% of the time.

factotum

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 0.51A Sunder refuses to retreat.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 05:57:58 AM »

I've had at least one battle where an enemy ship did that--wandered off the battlefield but was not classed as retreating, and was obviously impossible for me to destroy. I had to auto-resolve the battle to get out of it.