Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: ECM bonus from EW skill  (Read 491 times)

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
ECM bonus from EW skill
« on: October 02, 2019, 11:51:51 AM »

I've noticed that if I fight alongside allies, my ECM bonus only counts the ships I've deployed from my fleet which results in situations where I have a big numerical advantage with my allies (and I could have deployed enough to have a numerical advantage myself) but I end up with a range disadvantage. Now I am incentivized to let my allies die and then clean up after to avoid the range disadvantage which feels strange when I want to protect my faction and patrols. ECM bonus from the EW skill should include allied ships (or at least ships in your own faction) as well as your own fleet.

Something I'm also not sure about: when fighting multiple enemy fleets, if one has EW, do they get a bonus only for the deployed ships from the EW fleet or for all deployed ships?

edit: this also could become irrelevant with the skill rework, but I think it applies to any skill that has an effect based on what ships are in your fleet which should still be relevant.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 11:55:26 AM by intrinsic_parity »

bobucles

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: ECM bonus from EW skill
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 11:58:44 AM »

Allied fleets are providing hostile ECM? That sounds like a bug. It's possible that ECM isn't working properly with multiple faction battles in general.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: ECM bonus from EW skill
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 04:23:18 PM »

Allied fleets are providing hostile ECM? That sounds like a bug. It's possible that ECM isn't working properly with multiple faction battles in general.
No the enemy has high ECM from the EW skill, and I also have the skill, but only the DP of ships from my personal fleet count towards the skill. So even if there is more total friendly DP deployed I will have a lower ECM rating than the enemy hence a range disadvantage. If I had no allies and only deployed my own ships, I would also have a much higher ECM rating, but since I am trying to help my ally and they are using 50%+ of the DP, my ECM rating is very low.