Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fleet Health Indicators - HUD or Tactical Map (or both?)  (Read 2323 times)

Temjin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Fleet Health Indicators - HUD or Tactical Map (or both?)
« on: March 15, 2012, 11:26:10 AM »

Is there any way that the HUD or tactical map could implement some kind of display along the side, top, or bottom that shows the hull/flux levels of the various ships currently deployed in your fleet without having to zoom in super close or click on them in the tactical map?

I ask because I often run a large number of fighter wings and fast frigates, and it's very tough to tell at a glance from the tactical map which ones to order in for a refit or retreat when they're all clustering around a target. This would also help you determine if one of your ships got in over its head without checking the tactical map every ten seconds.

It's unfortunately not helped by the fact that you can't seem to zoom in on the tactical map in anywhere but the center, making it hard to click on wings individually to determine how they're all doing.

agentstaple

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Fleet Health Indicators - HUD or Tactical Map (or both?)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 12:46:45 PM »

similar to this, I also want a radar to be added so you can see where ships are without checking the map every ten seconds or getting there and they've moved.

Cryten

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 02:57:32 PM »

I agree. I suggested this myself a little while ago although as a popout on the map screen. Still its too easy to lose track of vessel late game at the moment and I dont buy the argument that it is ment to be a part of the game skill to overcome the difficulty of reading the map when it gets clustered.

Nanostrike

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 07:40:01 AM »

I'd also like to be able to "Follow" a ship when on the Tactical Map by right-clicking it.  Currently to follow one, you have to left-click (Which opens up the orders menu), then close the order menu.

I  like to use the Tactical Map to follow fighters when I'm in a carrier, so this would be great.

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 08:02:05 AM »

right-click, hold, and drag to pan the tactical map (enabling you to zoom in on areas other than the center)

Though it is rather annoying when ships cluster up, as usually there is nothing you can do than skip ahead several frames and hope they moved a bit further apart.