Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] starcarrier, converted starliner. (V1.0)  (Read 2542 times)

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] starcarrier, converted starliner. (V1.0)
« on: September 27, 2019, 11:23:29 AM »

hello! this is my first mod, testing to see if everything runs smoothly and i set up everything right with the links and the post stuff lol.

this mod adds the starcarrier i made out of the starliner with a few edits adding venture parts , it spawns in campaign and should run fine, its a poor mans heron.

https://imgur.com/PKGyvR8

here is the link. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1nw6dbfgtjliz9e/AADmVZHD3HObh6Xic68m1VZCa?dl=0
lmk if there are any problems!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 04:40:34 PM by connortron7 »

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] starcarrier, coverted starliner.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 12:01:25 PM »

There is a Starliner carrier version, named Starblazer. I once used them in quite number when i was poorflying through sector.

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 12:08:26 PM »

There is a Starliner carrier version, named Starblazer. I once used them in quite number when i was poorflying through sector.

I was not aware of this lol, i just picked a hull and started workin on it.
Ill try to take a look around before making edits in the future.

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 12:26:55 PM »

My tip is making your ship more unique, change the color scheme (try to change HUE without touching saturation or brightness)

Also use https://imgur.com/ to host images and get the embedded link for forums, posting the image as attachment makes it a tiny thumbnail instead
Check out my ships

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 02:19:46 PM »

Oh snap :P
(I too was also unaware of the Starblazer)

Lol ouch.
Im currently putting venture parts on mine to make it more personalized (when in doubt throw some random bits on!)

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 03:05:04 PM »

Don't worry, I just checked, there is no such ship as a starblazer.

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13083.msg220666#msg220666
There is, the search function only works in whatever sub forum your using anless you hit home first.

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] starcarrier, converted starliner. (V1.0)
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2019, 04:43:03 PM »

updated version with slightly changed stats and a new look! imgur isnt letting me embed images so i just put a link -_-

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2019, 01:48:34 AM »

You shouldn't be afraid to make ships similar to others mods if you already had an interesting idea from the start. I mean, there is already like a dozen version of the Hound in the modiverse. And people will not play with all mod at the same time so it most often limits redundancy.

Even then, from the same idea you will probably not end with the same ship than I did with my Starblazer.
A good example is both Stop Gap Measure and Disassemble Reassemble have ships based on the same concept, (the Wren and Hoplite for example) but most often end with 2 not-so-similar ships.

By the way, I like the way you start modding: small scale, looking to see how it work. Much smarter than the way I did a few years ago.

connortron7

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2019, 06:40:45 PM »

You shouldn't be afraid to make ships similar to others mods if you already had an interesting idea from the start. I mean, there is already like a dozen version of the Hound in the modiverse. And people will not play with all mod at the same time so it most often limits redundancy.

Even then, from the same idea you will probably not end with the same ship than I did with my Starblazer.
A good example is both Stop Gap Measure and Disassemble Reassemble have ships based on the same concept, (the Wren and Hoplite for example) but most often end with 2 not-so-similar ships.

By the way, I like the way you start modding: small scale, looking to see how it work. Much smarter than the way I did a few years ago.

Ah true true, i just didn't want my very first mod to be a copy of someone elses but yeah your right.

And yep, didnt wanna overwhelm myself since ive literally never coded or sprited before lol.

I have built up 2 ships since i uploaded this that are of higher quality and uniqueness, im waiting till i have a fleet of ships then ill add in a personal faction.
But i literally do not know where to start with a faction so who knows.